Most overrated band/artist

Evil_Sabre

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think you are in your right mind to compare two songs like those.

Iron Maiden and Metallica do have a world of difference between them, but surely there has to be something about them that brings the same bunch of people to these same two bands? They're like the peanut butter and jelly of music.

Theres a hole in my desk now due to you. First you imply that you have listened to every CD then you say metallica sucks. Then you imply that ...And Justice For All was made after the black album and then you say Garage Inc was awful just like ReLoad. And then you compare them to a different band because Metallica was popular in America and Iron Maiden was popular in England.

Right how to fix this.

First of listen to these:

[hide=proving garage inc is pro]vids[/hide]

[hide=proving ReLoad is cool]vids[/hide]

Note i only listed the songs which i think are 5/5

Now the other part.

Metallica/The Black Album

Studio album by Metallica

Released August 13, 1991

And Justice for All

Studio album by Metallica

Released August 25, 1988 or September 6, 1988

And then to compare:

more vids

You also have a few like this in their favor:

[hide]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlpiUyoRw64[/hide]

Iron Maiden and Metallica do have a world of difference between them, but surely there has to be something about them that brings the same bunch of people to these same two bands? They're like the peanut butter and jelly of music.

It's just the fact the two are heavy metal from the eighties at the same time. Metallica was the most popular metal band in America, Iron Maiden everywhere but America. While musically I've always found Metallica to be a lot more metal and Iron Maiden to be more of thinking man's metal, though some songs more so than others, just because they were the first really popular metal bands I think that's why they are compared as often as they are. And personally I do think they are the bread and butter of metal. I just hate any post eighties Metallica. Likewise, Iron Maiden has had some terrible albums as well during the nineties.

And I agree a bit with Naraku on The Beatles. I like some of their stuff, but otherwise they just don't sound great. It's like the music is doing one thing and the singer another...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I love both Iron Maiden and Metallica, but come on, you just can't compare the two, and it's very hard to call one more over rated than the other.

Metallica: Early stuff is godlike. Older stuff is decent, not great. There are some good songs on Load and Reload, despite popular opinion. If they had made only one album and just combined the two, IMO it would have sold more copies than Black. Yes, Metallica did change after Cliff died. And Death Magnetic is better than people on this topic are giving credit for. If you have an issue with how it was recorded, go on Youtube and listen to live performances of the songs.

Iron Maiden: I love Maiden, but it seems there are more Maiden lovers than haters. Metallica haters are using the logic that Cliff died ruined Metallica, and there is no denying that the sound vastly changed, but what was Maiden when Bruce decided he'd go solo? They weren't exactly putting out top material. Out of their recent stuff, Dance of Death is amazing, A Matter of Life and Death.... not so much.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

I love both Iron Maiden and Metallica, but come on, you just can't compare the two, and it's very hard to call one more over rated than the other.

Metallica: Early stuff is godlike. Older stuff is decent, not great. There are some good songs on Load and Reload, despite popular opinion. If they had made only one album and just combined the two, IMO it would have sold more copies than Black. Yes, Metallica did change after Cliff died. And Death Magnetic is better than people on this topic are giving credit for. If you have an issue with how it was recorded, go on Youtube and listen to live performances of the songs.

Iron Maiden: I love Maiden, but it seems there are more Maiden lovers than haters. Metallica haters are using the logic that Cliff died ruined Metallica, and there is no denying that the sound vastly changed, but what was Maiden when Bruce decided he'd go solo? They weren't exactly putting out top material. Out of their recent stuff, Dance of Death is amazing, A Matter of Life and Death.... not so much.

I agree that despite the fact I think Iron Maiden tops Metallica, Iron Maiden was terrible without Bruce [bleep]ensen. Live After Death is the single worst album in my collection because the guy who took his place can't sing worth a crap. Bruce may be old, but he is still a great singer, even live.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Justin Beiber

Miley Cyrus

The Jonas Brothers

Lady Gaga

Ke$ha

All rap music

The Beatles

What makes you say The Beatles are overrated?

And all rap? I'd be willing to bet Naraku hasn't spent much time listening to rap, other than the mainstream crap.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Guest Mrmegakirby

It seems that if someone likes a band or artist, they're over rated by them. If they dislike a band/artist, then they're under rated by that person. As a whole, though, most MTV artists are over-rated (but not untalented, just over rated).

Justin Beiber

Miley Cyrus

The Jonas Brothers

Lady Gaga

Ke$ha

All rap music

The Beatles

What makes you say The Beatles are overrated?

And all rap? I'd be willing to bet Naraku hasn't spent much time listening to rap, other than the mainstream crap.

It's not that unusual to not like rap. If he doesn't like songs where there isn't any singing, I would understand why he wouldn't bother searching for rap that isn't full of auto-tuning and rich guys talking about how badass they are.

Fort Minor=Good rap, mostly. And Eminem has some decent stuff.

As for the Beatles, I sort of agree. I like some of their songs, but there are people out there who are just crazy about them. People like to act like they were gods when really they were just druggies with some musical talent. Seriously, when someone quotes "We Are the Walrus" it's gone too far.

It's not so much, but I personally think that The Beatles were a driving force of rock 'n roll as it is today. Without The Beatles (and a fair few other bands) music wouldn't be what it is today. The earlier material they made may not of been influential but the later drug infused music really was. It's fair to say they are a little overrated but the influence they had on modern music can't be denied.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

It's not so much, but I personally think that The Beatles were a driving force of rock 'n roll as it is today. Without The Beatles (and a fair few other bands) music wouldn't be what it is today. The earlier material they made may not of been influential but the later drug infused music really was. It's fair to say they are a little overrated but the influence they had on modern music can't be denied.

I agree Sam. The Beatles were also the first real 'boy-band.' So, N`Sync and The Backstreet Boys are offspring of The Beatles. Think of it that way.

About Metallica: It's not really that their newer stuff is "bad" (though a LOT of it is), it's more that their first four albums offered something "new" to music, and then they completely stopped trying. Newer songs like Fuel and St. Anger aren't that bad (I actually really like Fuel), but there's nothing innovative, creative, or progressive about them. They just stopped trying, really.

Iron Maiden and Metallica aren't really comparable. Iron Maiden is more comparable to Slayer, where both bands had a great thing and kept doing their great thing without really changing it over the years (difference being that Iron Maiden had a few flop albums). You can pretty much pick up any Slayer album and enjoy it, but the first few are always going to be better because they were doing something new back then.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I agree Sam. The Beatles were also the first real 'boy-band.' So, N`Sync and The Backstreet Boys are offspring of The Beatles. Think of it that way.

I wouldn't say they were the first 'boy-band', they just built upon the foundations of rock 'n roll and changed it forever.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I wouldn't say Nirvana were revolutionary, in all honesty. I think they're actually a tad overrated.

Couldn't agree more. I had a huge post typed out about how Nirvana did very little to the music community compared to what most people think they did. I didn't end up posting it, though, because I realized i sounded like a total douche halfway through.

I wouldn't say Nirvana were revolutionary, in all honesty. I think they're actually a tad overrated.

Couldn't agree more. I had a huge post typed out about how Nirvana did very little to the music community compared to what most people think they did. I didn't end up posting it, though, because I realized i sounded like a total douche halfway through.

I'm thinking a lot of their influence comes from the fact that Cobain died young.