I Don't Like Jagex

Danqazmlp

I have a question: Why are you all so pissy about the rock climbing boots update? I still don't see what was so terrible about it.

1. A slightly different solution could have achieved the same effect.

2. Jagex refuses to admit to the above, and attempts to cover up their blunder.

Yeah, but... would that slightly different solution not bring millions to the same people that made millions off this, thus creating the same mass of unlucky, envious scapers who think that they know for certain that no one has ever, EVER paid 75k for these boots before? After all, the different solution you speak of is only SLIGHTLY different.

Honestly, I played the game for 4 days without noticing the changes with the boots even happened. I still wouldn't know if i didn't check these forums ever now and again. It does not affect gameplay at all. And if you are complaining that people who hoarded the boots are instant millionaires now do to luck, how is this any different from getting a lucky monster drop?

OT: (since this post is not technically about boots) It is true that it is a lot easier to lose respect than earn it. But, for 6 bucks a month, JaGeX has done very little to lose any respect from me. In fact, the only thing I can think of is wasting so much development resources on MA (lets face it, the game isn't amazing). All in all, I think they deserve respect. I know the demographic I hate dealing with the most at my job is 13-15 year old kids, I would not be able to deal with the immaturity JaGeX puts up with. Hell, I can't even stand the way most RS players type anymore.

Steviej.png

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like JaGeX and I don't respect them. They've earned the hatred - havn't earned the respect.

Only reason I play is because I've been playing the game since I was 13 and I'm going to be 20 soon so I'm not starting a new game from scratch again

And this is one of the largest problems with Runescape's fan base. People with very little or no experience with gaming outside of Runescape. It leads to poor perspective in general.

The latest brouhaha over the climbing boots update is just the latest example. So a few people got an unexpected profit due to a questionable update? Get over it. In the grand scheme, the update is a minor blip and will soon be forgotten by those with better things to do than occupy their time in pointless whine-fests.

By all means go out and try other games. Runescape will still be here should you feel the need to get back into the endless grinding.

I can name 0 good things JaGeX has ever done, and over 9000 things they've done stupidly and crappily.

I can name one good thing they have done: create the game you have been enjoying (I would hope) for the last 7 years.

I have a question: Why are you all so pissy about the rock climbing boots update? I still don't see what was so terrible about it.

It was illogical, unfair to those without boots piled up, brought a lot of money in the game which due to other peoples panic buying will cause inflation.

Yet, all of this could have easily been avoided simply by removing the price cap on Boots in the ge, yet the developers behind this update fail to understand the sheer stupidity of this update, and despite MANY people giving just reasoning and present valid points, they still hold their ground with statistics that seem highly unlikely and haven't been able to yet provide anything even close to a logical reason to raising the alch value and price of these boots to the amount they did.

They feel this update was good and logical, when it wasn't even close to either.

Do you honestly believe that Jagex doesn't put any consideration into updates like this? Yes, they knew how many players would make instant cash from the boots. Yes, they knew that it could unbalance the game. Know what? They made the change anyway. They did this after considering all aspects of it.

I can understand/respect that you disagree with the rationale. Ah well, that's bound to happen. After all, we've all got our own opinions.

Shouldn't they at least provide a good, solid reason as to why the rock climbing boots change is a 'better' solution compared to removing price cap on the old boots? It's this kind of explanation "We knew how many players would make instant cash from the boots. Yes, We knew that it could unbalance the game. We did this after considering all aspects of it." that I detest the most, because it barely clears the doubt of any player.

No one is asking for an account of every content developers' train of thought for every single update, and I'd have thought that answering to this controversial update was the minimal they could do. Either show us the light on that 'all aspects' you talk about, or just apologise for the overlook. <_<

You honestly need a reason why removing the price cap is a stupid idea? Well ok. Hmm, let's see, could it possibly be because you could buy them from the sherpa and then turn around and sell them on the G.E. for way more if the price were allowed to rise above the cap allowing for a brand new level of convenience in RWT? No that couldn't possibly be it right, because I mean no one would ever think of that. Look at that, more proof Jagex is smarter than the average player.

Danq, your post is exactly how I feel about things. Jagex has made a game that offers more that ANY other game out there. There are hours upon hours of playable content with new content being added every couple weeks. While I think some of Jagex's decisions have been questionable the fact remains that despite complaints they have one of the largest player and fanbases ever. They built a great game, and though every single update may not be great, they continue releasing enjoyable content.

The problem to me lies in the immaturity of the players in honestly believing that they know better. Players don't seem to realize that they have no idea what future releases might have impacted upon their decisions in the way they do things, or of the possible ramifications of doing them differently. It's just proved by people suggesting removing the price cap on an item you can buy for 12 gp from an NPC. You want to talk about arrogance and idiocy, well there it is.

didn't bother to read past the tenzing issue, selling back to GE for profit

are you [bleep]ing KIDDING me? tenzing sells, or used to, havnt been back since the downdate, 30 climbing boots every 24 hours... GASP LOOPHOLE FOR RWT. SO MUCH RWT WITH 30 WHOLE BOOTS

Also, need I remind you of Buying 310 raw bird meat per day from Oo'glog? Turning around and selling them for hefty GE profit? OMFG RWT

No. This update just made no sense, and I what respect I had left for them before this change is dwindling quite fast.

People take games too seriously these days. People have to stop raging over every little thing and remember it's only a game and not their life.

Ex Retaliation High Council | Ex Legendz High Council

lgzfriendly.png

#Legendz on IRC

Proud to have been a Power Ranger

Yeah, but... would that slightly different solution not bring millions to the same people that made millions off this, thus creating the same mass of unlucky, envious scapers who think that they know for certain that no one has ever, EVER paid 75k for these boots before? After all, the different solution you speak of is only SLIGHTLY different.

Honestly, I played the game for 4 days without noticing the changes with the boots even happened. I still wouldn't know if i didn't check these forums ever now and again. It does not affect gameplay at all. And if you are complaining that people who hoarded the boots are instant millionaires now do to luck, how is this any different from getting a lucky monster drop?

OT: (since this post is not technically about boots) It is true that it is a lot easier to lose respect than earn it. But, for 6 bucks a month, JaGeX has done very little to lose any respect from me. In fact, the only thing I can think of is wasting so much development resources on MA (lets face it, the game isn't amazing). All in all, I think they deserve respect. I know the demographic I hate dealing with the most at my job is 13-15 year old kids, I would not be able to deal with the immaturity JaGeX puts up with. Hell, I can't even stand the way most RS players type anymore.

Monster drops are supposed to be governed by risk vs reward. Risk of dying on each kill vs the chance at millions.

This had no risk, just luck. Offical Jagex number is highest is 1.8k or 81mil. Jagex might as well have dropped a few rares to a select lucky group of people.

What about all the time players with 1.8k boots would have had to put in to get those?? It's not like you can go on the GE and just buy 1800 virtually worthless items (except eye of newt, which i never understand)

Steviej.png

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"

Monster drops are supposed to be governed by risk vs reward. Risk of dying on each kill vs the chance at millions.

This had no risk, just luck. Offical Jagex number is highest is 1.8k or 81mil. Jagex might as well have dropped a few rares to a select lucky group of people.

What about all the time players with 1.8k boots would have had to put in to get those?? It's not like you can go on the GE and just buy 1800 virtually worthless items (except eye of newt, which i never understand)

The whole point of this update was the remove street value from those boots, much like what they did with cheese and mint cakes. Do you honestly think that:

1. Nerfing all the boots in the game to zero stats, and add the new boots with the same old stats for whichever price they deem fit,

Or

2. Remove price cap on boots and let them rise to their natural value in the GE, but keep their original price,

couldn't solve the issue in a better manner than the current method employed? Option 1 would have been no different from dealing a blow to people dabbling with street values and rares (again), while option 2 would be the best of both worlds. Even if they're merched after option 2, anyone who wants to buy the boots can still get 27 pairs for 12 gp each in a single trip, and that is more than sufficient for a few days' worth of PKing.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

The main problem here is the gaming audience (or at least, many members of it), not so much players on a whole. Very well said, and I agree completely.

It's just...well, what can you do? Some 13 year old or underage kid wants to whine in jealousy of the climbing boots update...how can you deal with that?

As I said, they are a business. Very few business' will straight out admit when they make a mistake.

Ever hear the saying, "The coverup was worse than the crime"? Smart businesses know that it's good policy to quickly admit mistakes and apologize. Some will even apologize even if the problem clearly isn't their fault.

They have made a few mistakes in the past and admitted I am sure,

Just for my own information, exactly when have they ever done this?

The big problem that's plagued Jagex has generally been a lack of real design staff. The brothers Gower are programmers and much of the games' foundation comes more from a technical than a thematic level approach. And although the company has made massive strides over the years in terms of revamps, it's plagued by early design decisions and a tendency to make the same mistakes due to a seeming ignorance regarding the nature of gaming.

In addition, the business end has always been a little spotty. Jagex has been slow to take cross-marketing opportunities and to merchandise themselves. The core leadership of the company traditionally had a non-business background so the company seemed to flounder at times, but they've hired at least seemingly competent people and the Gowers have presumably stepped back a little.

Plus Jagex seems to drop radical revamps on us at times without much warning.

For clarification, Jagex did not threaten to sue Tip.It, Jagex threatened to sue the article writer.

The point still remains, blizzard would not have threatened an article writer on a warcraft fan site. While Jagex has. Clearly they can not take criticism.

Now in relation to the thread, how can i respect a company that is ran by total amateurs. These guys dont know how to deal with criticism or run their own game OR treat their customers properly.

If a conventional - non gaming company did this, say McDonalds they would be out of business. Problem is that runescape has no competition, if there were other games with similar gameplay we would probably see Jagex start treating us better.

The main problem here is the gaming audience (or at least, many members of it), not so much players on a whole. Very well said, and I agree completely.

It's just...well, what can you do? Some 13 year old or underage kid wants to whine in jealousy of the climbing boots update...how can you deal with that?

lol im 18 and i pay for runescape with my money that i earn from working.

How is the climbing boot update any different then if Jagex just decided to drop a santa hat for 1% of players? Or lets be even mroe specific since extremely few had over 1k boots lets say they dropped it for .0001% of players. Are they being fair yet?

Jagex stopped dropping tradable rares because they deemed it unfair how is this different? Jagex altered the game almost unrecognizably because of RWT because it wasnt fair (lol actually because it was costing them money) Jagex added fatigue and later random events because bots are unfair.

My point is doesnt this particular update negate all the others? Jagex decides its fair as long as only a few people benefit. Im sorry you fail to see that, or your too busy worshiping Jagex to keep that platinum status on this site, but they were wrong in this situation and responded only by ignoring everyone.

Truly amateur.

Edit: i like that the person with a Pokemon picture and a gamecube character signature is calling everyone else kids. Seriously if you claim to be older then 15 or 16 i call bullcrap on that.

Again, comparing Blizzard to Jagex is unreasonable. The size difference and therefore the scale of what they do is incredibly large. For clarification, if you read many of the posts about the article which was posted, it must have been more than just critical, it sounds as if it was basically calling Jagex out based on nothing but lies and unfounded suspicion. Considering it was posted on the front page of what was at the time a page viewed by a large amount of the games player-base and was probably often viewed by staff members.

A good way of comparing it would be a local business being criticised by a local paper, that business would take action. Then think if the local newspaper criticised a lage multi-national business. The actions taken would be totally different, and so would they be here.

Jagex decide it is fair not only because it benefits an incredibly few people, but because it also hurts just as few, if not less. You seem to lack the ability to look at the bugger picture and just focus on one specific point.

And do not forget, there is a large difference between age and maturity, think of it the same way you would post count here.

They have made a few mistakes in the past and admitted I am sure,

Just for my own information, exactly when have they ever done this?

I'm sure they have apologised and agreed on faults for various bugs and server outages etc. They also admitted that they made mistakes with PVP systems and how summoning worked at first.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Ok I'll respond to this. Bolded + italicized comments. As a general note though, I don't quite think you interpreted my previous post the way I intended to write it. I typed it from my iPod, sorry. You probably know what that's like.

lol im 18 and i pay for runescape with my money that i earn from working.

Cool, so do I. I'm a swim instructor and also a varsity swimmer. For the record, btw, I was not directing it at you. I didn't really bother reading past the first page on this thread, sorry. Also, I am CALLING no one a kid. I am MENTIONING kids as a group. "Sorry you fail to see the difference."

How is the climbing boot update any different then if Jagex just decided to drop a santa hat for 1% of players? Or lets be even mroe specific since extremely few had over 1k boots lets say they dropped it for .0001% of players. Are they being fair yet?

The thing here is that you can't justify dropping a santa for .0001% of players. What are you going to say? For the climbing boots update, I, at least, say at least some reason for it. Was it a good call? Absolutely not. But did it solve the problem? In all honesty, I think it did.

They didn't want pkers to have access to overpowered boots. Climbing boots were ridiculously cheap and packed a big punch. It's certainly a relic from the past. Now, however, I don't think it's right that a player can pick up these boots pretty much out of the dust and use them when they're as good offensively as Rune Boots, which are a hard-earnt item. I guess they assumed that Slayer could use a bit of a boost and say the fact that climbing boots were replacing rune boots in every way. By eliminating basically free climbing boots, they could make nechs a little more worthwhile.

Again, I think the way they went about this was entirely wrong. But it fit their agenda. And as a company, it was an acceptable, not necessarily fair, thing to do. It worked out toward their interests.

Jagex stopped dropping tradable rares because they deemed it unfair how is this different? Jagex altered the game almost unrecognizably because of RWT because it wasnt fair (lol actually because it was costing them money) Jagex added fatigue and later random events because bots are unfair.

My point is doesnt this particular update negate all the others? Jagex decides its fair as long as only a few people benefit. Im sorry you fail to see that, or your too busy worshiping Jagex to keep that platinum status on this site, but they were wrong in this situation and responded only by ignoring everyone.

They're wrong? Absolutely. Does that give everyone the right to complain? Absolutely. But it's naive for people to jump straight to their own greedy and jealous impulses. Right away I hear all of this about "it's not fair!" or "jagex is being stupid" without any consideration for the reason why. Ok I don't think it's fair either. I think Jagex made a dumb move. But I realized, why does it really matter? Is it going to make me any poorer? Will the handful of people who gained millions/billions somehow make ME lose xp? Will they drive me out of every training spot? Will they make entire worlds uninhabitable? That's an overreaction. Yes, it was a bad call on Jagex's part. But they do not deserve the level of ranting they received. It's a little greedy to flame Jagex just because you didn't benefit. It's better to just take it and move on.

Just play the game.

People who tend to show signs of this often are little kids. When you take some away from a little kid, they'll say it's not fair. You can go tell my brother he can't watch TV after dinner and he will start ranting about how it's not fair, and how he wants to watch TV, and how you are being stupid etc, etc. Little kids display this behavior. Not you, not us. I know a majority of the people who complain are better than the "little kid" personalities they choose to exhibit during this. They are NOT little kids. But they sure are acting naively like one. And I don't think that's the right course of action to take, considering that Jagex isn't out to ruin your life.

Truly amateur.

Agreed.

Edit: i like that the person with a Pokemon picture and a gamecube character signature is calling everyone else kids. Seriously if you claim to be older then 15 or 16 i call bullcrap on that.

Gonna ignore "calling everyone else kids", since I've addressed that. And I'm not going to lie. I'm 16. And actually, I do like Super Smash Bros Brawl. It's one of the best games made. The whole Pokemon thing was also the Staff's april fool's joke, btw, and some of us choose to keep the signatures/avatars we made, just because they stuck and we liked them. The others are there just because I like them. Also, there are plenty of people our age who like Pokemon, you should open your eyes to that. Just because it's from childhood doesn't mean it remains in childhood.

Also, I think it would help everyone if in your argument you were to attack a person's OPINIONS and their own ARGUMENTS rather than the person themselves. Using the fact that I am a crew member "trying to keep platinum status" isn't going to make your facts any more relevant. It's not making your arguments any more powerful. All it shows is that you are trying to be incendiary. There's very little need for that. No one is going to do that to you, and the expectation is that you do that to no one else.

You're so right!! people complain and complain over small things and they KEEP playing the game! if you keep complaining about something dont play it!

some of my friends keep complaining about dungeoneering and they dont train anything else than dungeoneering! -.-"

Skillers Zone

True Skilling Excellence

What's wrong with Pokemon and Nintendo characters? :rolleyes:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

You assume there was a problem Zaaps, there wasn't.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

The whole point of this update was the remove street value from those boots, much like what they did with cheese and mint cakes. Do you honestly think that:

1. Nerfing all the boots in the game to zero stats, and add the new boots with the same old stats for whichever price they deem fit,

Or

2. Remove price cap on boots and let them rise to their natural value in the GE, but keep their original price,

couldn't solve the issue in a better manner than the current method employed? Option 1 would have been no different from dealing a blow to people dabbling with street values and rares (again), while option 2 would be the best of both worlds. Even if they're merched after option 2, anyone who wants to buy the boots can still get 27 pairs for 12 gp each in a single trip, and that is more than sufficient for a few days' worth of PKing.

I expect the result would be largely the same: whining and ranting from those with nothing better to do. I don't envy Jagex. They have to deal with a very immature player base.

And this immaturity is on full display. Jagex implemented a change that had absolutely no effect on 99.9% of the player population, but gives a moderate wealth boost to the remaining 0.1%. How does this effect the 99.9% in any form?

The answer is it doesn't. And anyone who cares anyway needs to get their priorities in order and grow up a little.

Jagex likely came to that conclusion and figured the blowback would be relatively mild. Of course, anticipating the reactions of 13 year old minds is a daunting task for those who have long ago left their own childhood behind. And their failure to anticipate the childish tantrum thrown in reaction is their greatest failing in this embarrassing incident.

[hide]

[/hide]

Or

I expect the result would be largely the same: whining and ranting from those with nothing better to do. I don't envy Jagex. They have to deal with a very immature player base.

And this immaturity is on full display. Jagex implemented a change that had absolutely no effect on 99.9% of the player population, but gives a moderate wealth boost to the remaining 0.1%. How does this effect the 99.9% in any form?

The answer is it doesn't. And anyone who cares anyway needs to get their priorities in order and grow up a little.

Jagex likely came to that conclusion and figured the blowback would be relatively mild. Of course, anticipating the reactions of 13 year old minds is a daunting task for those who have long ago left their own childhood behind. And their failure to anticipate the childish tantrum thrown in reaction is their greatest failing in this embarrassing incident.

Largely the same? I don't think any other update before this that nerfed the street value of an item received backlash at the scale of this particular update. Perhaps Jagex had the same train of thought as you did. :rolleyes:

Instead of hoping that your audience would be mature, how about making a change in a mature way, so that more players who've stayed with the game (and more or less mature as the time passes) continue to stay on and improve the community?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

For clarification, Jagex did not threaten to sue Tip.It, Jagex threatened to sue the article writer.

The point still remains, blizzard would not have threatened an article writer on a warcraft fan site. While Jagex has. Clearly they can not take criticism.

Now in relation to the thread, how can i respect a company that is ran by total amateurs. These guys dont know how to deal with criticism or run their own game OR treat their customers properly.

If a conventional - non gaming company did this, say McDonalds they would be out of business. Problem is that runescape has no competition, if there were other games with similar gameplay we would probably see Jagex start treating us better.

Why not? It's libel, they have the right to do it. I know I would.

[hide]

[/hide]

Or

Largely the same? I don't think any other update before this that nerfed the street value of an item received backlash at the scale of this particular update. Perhaps Jagex had the same train of thought as you did. :rolleyes:

Instead of hoping that your audience would be mature, how about making a change in a mature way, so that more players who've stayed with the game (and more or less mature as the time passes) continue to stay on and improve the community?

Endless moaning over a moderate wealth boost to a negligible group of lucky players is the height of immaturity. Rather than worry about one's own gaming experience, a large and vocal group of Scapers are raging over someone else's stroke of fortune. That strikes me as a very childish sentiment, and is why I made the recommendation to grow up a little. Live and let live...

Or, at the very least, react with some moderation. The frequent calls of "Jagex has lost all my respect" and "Jagex is run by amateurs" are inappropriate and over the top. Not to mention that they are annoying as hell.

As for a maturing player base...I do believe the Runescape player base is subject to groupthink in many regards. And in that group, the less mature have the critical mass. But that is a topic worthy of its own separate discussion.

[hide]

[/hide]

Or

Endless moaning over a moderate wealth boost to a negligible group of lucky players is the height of immaturity. Rather than worry about one's own gaming experience, a large and vocal group of Scapers are raging over someone else's stroke of fortune. That strikes me as a very childish sentiment, and is why I made the recommendation to grow up a little. Live and let live...

Or, at the very least, react with some moderation. The frequent calls of "Jagex has lost all my respect" and "Jagex is run by amateurs" are inappropriate and over the top. Not to mention that they are annoying as hell.

As for a maturing player base...I do believe the Runescape player base is subject to groupthink in many regards. And in that group, the less mature have the critical mass. But that is a topic worthy of its own separate discussion.

Of course, with all that writing you still haven't really touched on the question of whether the solution they employed to remove street value from the boots was the best way to do so. I'm not discussing about the way players should behave, but rather the way Jagex should. And neither am I targeting this one single event as well. Many factors come into play. What is the nature of the update? Was it a bug, or was it intentional? Are the reaction of players justified? How and how fast did Jagex react? Is it reasonable for Jagex to make the mistake considering the ten years they spent on developing the game?

Prior to the boots issue was the fire cape requirement for ice strykewyrm, addition of Dungeoneering as a skill, and the runecraft XP bug when in Daemonheim. All three were rectified in one way or another after player feedback, changing the cape to a bonus instead of a must, addition of Dungeoneering related content out of Daemonheim this month, as well as immediate rollback to remove RC experience.

Of the four, Jagex handled the last in the worst manner. Refusing to rectify the issue at the first minute, refusing to release clear-cut information beyond the "we considered all aspects and this is supposed to be the best" attitude, banning a player from the RUNESCAPE forum for a YOUTUBE video he made, autokicking every player who mentioned that same player's name, even if it's just the name, in Mod MMG's clan chat, assuring that 1% of the player base getting rich overnight due to pure luck is alright, (it's not even luck, it's a Jagex giveaway. Luck is when you get a divine sigil off corp on the first kill.), and lastly, hoping that this issue would blow away soon (It would, but it's not like everyone would forget it either).

Someone hit the nail on the head in a previous post though. The game is being haunted by poor decisions made in the early years of making.

Zepheras.png

-F1775

Shouldn't you be writing a short paragraph to convince Jagex that they are human and it's alright to make and admit to their mistakes? They do show pretty well that they're acting like a company though, every decision seems to take a few days (and probably several meetings in the conference room) to make, before you see a release statement from one of the Jagex moderators.

And lose Tip.It's platinum status because one of the moderators questioned Jagex? What are you, nuts?

What, are you kidding? When they need ripping on I AM THERE.

I understand their whole sympathetic character thing but sometimes I wonder how far they can go with their mistakes. Also perhaps if they are human, they should at least stop acting like everybody's arguments are invalid by picking on the stupidest people and using that to shield themselves from ALL criticism. And thinking they can just make everybody forget by not admitting to it is like founding your company on LIES. Bluh bluh bluh running a company excuses you to do bad things since saving your own butt is more important than anything else and it's always the easy way out whenever something goes wrong. NO. Seriously.

Anyway, as a "inexperienced company" running one of the longer existing MMOs it seems like they could try to think things through or at least use their hilarious breaches of trust to make significant changes to their game that would actually benefit everybody as a whole.

Let me ask you, did the people they were trying to help with the boot update actually get helped? I'm willing to forgive every single "insignificant" thing that went wrong with that situation if at the end the thing they wanted to do got done, instead of making the boots higher in price than other better boots so that the climbing boots become useless, or that some people gained a lot of money at no cost to them which then made a huge fuss. A similar devaluation to mint cakes didn't cause nearly as much trouble and it was complained about too but not vocally enough for anybody to care. That kills the whole "everybody complains" excuse.

Anyway, I'm sure they think they're golden now that they're releasing updates that sound like that people want them, but frankly I don't think it excuses them from making messes and not fixing them for years, and then coming back later and fixing it, which either doesn't do anything since it's way too late to help, or actually causes larger messes since they once again misfire since they didn't learn anything from the first time and do the same thing again, only differently.

And then they don't do anything AGAIN for a few more years because they think that they gave it their best shot and it isn't worth it to try again because they think we won't be satisfied.

But.....the reason why we're not satisfied is because THEY DIDN'T TRY AGAIN.

Frankly the main reason I've stayed is because they still have untapped potential and the resources to make it happen.

But now it's pretty much the only reason left.

Addendum: I don't mind the mistakes themselves even if things seemed obvious just by stating the process out loud so that you could hear it sink, it's what happens AFTER the mistakes that makes the difference to me.

8f14270694.jpg