How many people play Runescape?

anScooter

if you are trying to imply that jagex took a major hit to the player base after those updates, jagex has/have already stated that they didn't lose many players at all. i believe it was mentioned that they lost more membership from suspected bots and sweatshops than then did from legitimate players.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Does anybody know how many people play Runescape now, compared to say pre-December 10, 2007? I am really interested in knowing. If anyway knows how many played even earlier than that, that would also be helpful.

Thanks,

Scooter

Based on the people online, about the same if not less (since it counts people afk in the lobby also.)

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

runescape has seen growth since then. it may not be apparent because easily 10-20% of active players used to be bots/farmers, if not more.

100,000 people playing in 2007 includes 15,000 bots.

100,000 people playing say, tonight, includes a couple hundred to a couple thousand bots

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

runescape has seen growth since then. it may not be apparent because easily 10-20% of active players used to be bots/farmers, if not more.

100,000 people playing say, tonight, includes a couple hundred to a couple thousand bots

I remember more than 200k people on most of the time back in 07.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

I remember more than 200k people on most of the time back in 07.

as do i. however the exact number was not relevant to my example which included the number 100,000 for simplification purposes.

edit:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/runescape.com

That's the best I can give you. It doesn't account for increased web population, nor bots leaving, or anything else.

while the statistics are interesting, considering runescape's high rank (top 1.2k) in GLOBAL internet traffic, its safe to assume that runescape is growing, but other sites are just growing faster.

anyone find it odd that jagex.com has a better rank/views than funorb?

I heard somewhere that there was 135 million accounts created, and counting (This was a while ago, and I assume is much higher by now). And somewhere around 10 million accounts log in every month (I feel this is fairly accurate). Still, I could be wrong, and I don't have a source.

I just thought I remember reading that somewhere on Runescape.com a while back.

Big_Stingman.png

I heard somewhere that there was 135 million accounts created, and counting (This was a while ago, and I assume is much higher by now). And somewhere around 10 million accounts log in every month (I feel this is fairly accurate). Still, I could be wrong, and I don't have a source.

I just thought I remember reading that somewhere on Runescape.com a while back.

135 million doesn't sound too legitimate. I saw it too and thought that Jagex was tallying every accounts created regardless of whether

they might of been created by bots and non-human programs.

AFAIK, the wiki estimates that 10 million accounts are active so minus all the users with multiple accounts would leave to be

around 9-9.5 million people. idk what other sources might be more reliable though.

what the hell is runescape

Congrats on the first piece of spam on the thread.

OT, I think that less people play now, but way less bots play aswell,

who said less people was a bad thing anyway?

I think its better that a lot of people quit and hope more continue to do so.

Jamje.png

null and void

i think a lot more people play rs now then ever. when i first started playing around '05 there usually wasn't 100,000 people online until the weekends but now just about every hour there's at least 100,000. and i'm one of those people that plays late at night when i'm done with work and i remember there wouldn't be a lot of people on, around 40-50,000 in 05 but now there's 90-100,000 even at 1 in the morning

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

The population has definitely gone down in age. Most of the adults have been replaced by kids. So if you don't include the 12 yr olds, there is in a sense less people.

Robin hood x1 - D left half x1 - Karils coif x1

Sara plate x1 - D legs x1 - Black mask x2

Zammy plate x1 - Torags hammers x1 - granite maul x1

Red mystic top x2 - Red mystic bottom x 6 -

P51mustang23.png

p51mustang23.png