The Tavern Webcomic

Iconic

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously don't understand what he is talking about though.

Does he have bear arms.

Is he wearing them as a scabbard and spinning around and shaking when he see's a zombie.

Or are they not bear arms and its a nickname for another weapon.

You know what, I think i'll go for the first option.

Just a note, i've been recently drawing this a bit more like Calvin and Hobbes but with cooler moments shaded a bit more like hellsing (extremly stylised with lots of stray pen marks)

[Falador tavern]

Edel, if you want a good example of a good storyline you should at least skim Parallel Dementia. That is a better story than almost any novel, series, or comic I've read and any movie or show I've seen.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

ive actuualy read quite a lot betetr. but it is a good one, lots of gripping plots, cross overs withhistory, and good fights.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Really? Which do you like better?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Dragonriders of pern series for one.. and curse my memory, but other than the dragons of deltora (i love dragons. now shut up) i cant recall anything else.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Dragonriders of pern series for one.. and curse my memory, but other than the dragons of deltora (i love dragons. now shut up) i cant recall anything else.

I read a few of both those series. Sadly my school's library lacked more than one of each. The Pern one I read was this girl becoming a journeyman at something...I really wish I had read the whole series :( And I cant remember about the Deltora except the name lol.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

I've just been reading Parrallel Dementia and I agree that it has a pretty good story line, its not something that I would actively read because I prefer things which are a bit less dark such as Calvin & Hobbes or LICD Beginnings.

I dislike the drawing style, it looks like its been done on paint and its using sharp lines instead of nice curvy lines.

But yes, I still think its pretty well presented, I also like those shiny glasses; anyone who wears glasses, shades or a monocle gets a sheen.

Ieyfura, do you have access to a computer at all, if so why do you browse from PSP?

I've decided that I'm going to give people legs.

EDIT: IS THEIR ANY PLAYERS THAT AREN'T ACTIVE THAT I COULD ATLEAST REFERENCE TO?

[Falador tavern]

the deltora series s about a crazy evil shadow lord taking command of an entire continent using dark forces. he then is reppeled by a magic belt, the belt of Deltora. he sends in agents to do his bidding, puts a spell to keep the royal family blind, and the people lose faith in them and the shield surounding deltora, plus the belt itself, breaks. some years later, a boy sets out on a quest to refind the gems with the belt his father had repaired. then, after that and the kind is found (no, i will not spoil that part) huge ammounts of people are abducted by the shadow lord for another evil plotof his. yadda yadda yadda, king goes into the den of hell, brings back all the enslaved people, and everyone is happy. then another trilogy from the overall series basically tells us everyoneis starving, and that there are these four Sisters, demonic minions of the Shadow Lord who poison the land, scattered throughout said land. so, king goes to hunt them with new friend, the dragons of deltora. whoopdeedoo.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Edel, there's Poseidon for all comedic zombie deaths. He's kinda short, African American, and has big ears that stick out to the side. He has really short, fuzzy hair.

Dragons of... Feltora?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

So you, Retech, Earth and Posiedon all know each other IRL? Can we say shenanigans?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

more like bloody fights, but yes, shenanigans. and i fixed it, nex.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Running gags.

Rocco sometimes gets bullets shot at him, he replies WTF! and the person who shot the bullet says "I thought it was a Beiber!"

Archimage gets a BSoD on his gun sometimes because it runs on windows (its fixed by Ctrl+Alt+Del)

Any other stereotypes of people that I could work in?

[Falador tavern]

Pie tries to carry too much weaponry at once and ends up falling over?

Poseidon repeatedly comes close to death in ridiculous circumstances?

Earthsage charges yelling at a zombie and kills it, but accidentally attracts more?

Retech plays classical music during fight scenes?

Archi's glove causes boiling tea to materialize over people's heads?

Ross carries a notebook in which he writes down events in third-person and allots skill points?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Dungeonal always seems to be the last one alive but he never ever gets the last laugh.

Mather calls all the zombies names of alien races in stargate.

Sere always has something impaled on his viking hat, usually really weird.

Retech breaks his Cello but always finds one exactly the same at the end of an episode (I'm not sure??)

Icu cooks meat in his frying pan and we all eat until someone asks "hey, wasn't that the frying pan you beat that zombies head in"

All ducks are handicapped.

All the food we have contains spam resulting in a montypythononesque scene with people admitting they don't like spam and being shunned.

All complex situations are handled with explosions and jumping.

When people are tired we assume they are zombies.

The only thing that zombies like more than human brains is Raki, coincidentally that is what our taverns drink mainly are and we defend the alchohol with our lives.

Mathers incredibly patriotic and constantly states how their would be no problem in Norway.

Ross constantly refers to zombies from D&D.

Sometimes other members of TIF make guest appearances.

Mods/Admins and other special users have incredibly uselss superpowers.

[Falador tavern]

I could keep trying to compose film music. Instead of trying to help out in a situation, I could be trying to figure out the perfect theme for a situation.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

To an earlier question, No, I have ZERO access to a computer. (I'd be playing WoW and have bigger posts on here if I did)

As for stereotypes, I might try to dance with some zombies or give them a huggle before smashing their brains in ^.^

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

To an earlier question, No, I have ZERO access to a computer. (I'd be playing WoW and have bigger posts on here if I did)

I thought you said you were going to buy a computer drawing accessory?

[Falador tavern]

After I buy the computer, going to get it all in one go. lol

Lqt9R.png

Mather calls all the zombies names of alien races in stargate.

Mathers incredibly patriotic and constantly states how their would be no problem in Norway.

The first one is not anything I would do, I ma sometimes (or actually rather often) tell similiarities between things here and StarGate aliens, but the only thing zombies can come close to are normal replicators because they keep sending in unarmed suicide waves.

Kinda like the other.

Also how about my knee effing up in bad moments (it's kinda odd, keeps getting painful every once in a while) and me showing of and explaining how I got my scars to any random person we meet?

Retech should just burst into song like Richard and Pella.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Or asking random people to feel your biceps and abs, before lifting up your shirt. Liberal use of the word "Musculus"

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.