Public Chat Off.

Gurshnak

Why do people, wherever they are, always accuse people who dont talk of botting?! You know maybe I DONT want to talk to the populace of Runescape, and would rather retreat to the comfort of my Clan Chat. Its really getting on my nerves when I turn my public chat back on, just to see like 3-4 people going:

"Bot"

"Bot much?"'

"Botter!!"

"Reported"

"reported teh bot lol"

I mean...whats the point!? Jagex is not going to swoop down on a phoenix with a bag of 100m and a silver crown for you. Theres always the distinct possibility that someone might not want to talk to all the little 11 year olds who play now. No I would not bloody well like to explain how FOG works, no I didnt hear your request on what my "________" level is after you spam me 100 requests. NO I do not want to buy your junk. I dont want to converse with you, thats why I have a CC...

Bleh.

Gurshnak.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

totally agree

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

I just troll people and tell them to leave as soon as I enter my spot because I'm a elitist [bleep], so that never happens to me. But even if it does and jagex falsely thinks I'm botting, 14 days ban isn't that bad.

I also play with public set to either friends or off. Since for some reason, I don't care about the levels of random strangers. Nor do I care about (general you) your homework/schoolwork woes. Nor do I want to deal with people's bad spelling. (Here's a little hint, it's 'what', not 'wat'.)

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Lol...I'd leave public chat on, then right after they reported me, I'd ask them the weirdest questions. They'd then see my silver crown, run off. Funniest was when I was wcing in varrock...guy called me a bot for an hour, then said he reported me. I then said “hehe...petrified wood”. Guy gave me 5k gp and a maple log before running away.

div>

Yea i get this lots, its worse when you look at the screen, say you were doing something like browsing the forums, and then they continue to accuse you of botting.

That being said, if someone doesnt talk and is doing other suspicous things, i am going to assume hes a botter, and i am going to report him.

Why? Because i dont like botters.

O.O

Happens every day for me because I'm quiet when I train. If you think I'm a botter because I won't/don't want to talk, go ahead and report me. Since Jagex claims their bot spotting system is so good, they can tell if I am or not.

That being said, if someone doesnt talk and is doing other suspicous things, i am going to assume hes a botter, and i am going to report him.

Why? Because i dont like botters.

The difference between you and people who report me because I don't talk is you look for other details that would support the idea of someone botting.

imevil.jpg

I keep my public on, mainly cuz I'm a chatty guy. :)

That being said, if someone DOES accuse me of botting, I just say "no u".

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

If you're accused of botting, simply say something; quickest way of shutting the person up. Right now I'm at the fishing guild and I find it hard to believe that all of the 30+ silent players have all turned their public chat off; especially as they are all moving in a unified "train" to follow the same fishing spot even when there are closer spots nearby.

It accounts for some of the quiet players, but for me to accept that the bot problem is non-existent due to people with chat turned off is ludicrous.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

@ above, you'd be surprised how many people don't talk in-game when they do certain activities, especially those that are AFK-able. Granted, I'm sure some are bots, but don't take not talking as a way to tell if someone is a bot or not. I went from 92-99 WC at ivy with only talking to maybe 2 or 3 people. Usually I'm on messenger, so I don't need to talk in-game.

I've heard and actually seen for myself that some bots can even TALK! I saw one bot while I was cutting ivy that had a random phrase that was said anytime someone said the word "bot". It wasn't very obvious at first, but after being there many hours WC'ing with it, I noticed it to be a script.

So point being, don't let "not talking" be your only judge on who and who isn't bot.

More OT, I have this problem alot while crafting in Edge. I usually get people asking me random questions, I am a slower typer so I can't answer them that quickly and they usually type "bot?" or "138's are too good to talk to anyone" before I can even type a reply. That really annoys me that people demand an answer to their question without even waiting more than 10 seconds. And if you don't respond in 10-20 seconds you must be a bot or stuck-up.

*sigh*

Usually I just reply with some sarcastic phrase towards myself. If you already make fun of yourself, what can they really make fun of? :P

I agree and also I find that by turning off my public chat it speeds up my computer. The amount of times people have thought I was a bot for having my clan chat off is just amazing. Sometimes people don't wont to see you spamming about random stuff.

kWMd.gifI0SK.gifSC6s.gifYI0G.gif

If you click on them they hatch or grow up faster and look awesomer!!!

87.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot. If you're one of the 42% of statistics that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig. In addition, 126.324% of the previous statement does not make sense.

I turned my chat on today for all of 5 seconds. There was about 5 guys at bloodvelds talking about how they named their bunyips "bunghole" or "Mr.bunghole" or "your bun is from bungholia"

Really?...................*facepalm* I can understand 2 friends that are 10 talking about it.....but 5 people!? and they all between lvl 101 - 129.

Gurshnak.png

Accusing people of botting is a very serious thing. But then again, that's because botting/botters are a such a huge problem. I rarely put my public chat off because I don't want to be called a botter. (As soon as one person yells 'Bot!@!" or 'Frede173 is a botter!' you have all the WBMs/pures/skillers in the area around you)

Some times I really do wish I could have my own private world with nobody else except me (Maybe my friends if I could invite them :P).

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

If you're accused of botting, simply say something; quickest way of shutting the person up.

Oh how i wish that worked...

6fcj7t.png

i feel violated, and it wasn't even me. =\

ITT: Op botted 90 Fishing

i kid i kid.

I mean I hate talking to people, but I am pretty sure I've been reported at least twice for botting for having pub off, so now I turn it on. I don't want a glitch in the report system to get me banned, I'd rather appease them and say something.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

This is why I wish there were 'experience' worlds. Make a world for people who have an acc 3+ years old....that'll bring the peace.

I don't think so. :(

This is why I wish there were 'experience' worlds. Make a world for people who have an acc 3+ years old....that'll bring the peace.

That is one of the best ideas I have ever heard....

How so? There are plenty of botters that have played for 3+ years. Also, what if someone who had played RS since [iDK] gave their account to a friend who botted on it?

That is one of the best ideas I have ever heard....

How so? There are plenty of botters that have played for 3+ years. Also, what if someone who had played RS since [iDK] gave their account to a friend who botted on it?

Well, take for example the skill worlds right now. Everyone who plays on them think they are the best thing in the world with skills over 1500. A lot of pigheadeness and disrespect go on in those worlds.

Now, if there were worlds with a year requirement, many veterans of runescape could play together without bots. I do think that 3 years isnt enough, maybe 4-5 years since sign up date, since bots werent really around in 04-05.

Hell make the year anything, Im a RSC veteran and I would love to have a world dedicated to long-term players.

Gurshnak.png