Public Chat Off.

Gurshnak

This is why I wish there were 'experience' worlds. Make a world for people who have an acc 3+ years old....that'll bring the peace.

That is one of the best ideas I have ever heard....

How so? There are plenty of botters that have played for 3+ years. Also, what if someone who had played RS since [iDK] gave their account to a friend who botted on it?

Well, take for example the skill worlds right now. Everyone who plays on them think they are the best thing in the world with skills over 1500. A lot of pigheadeness and disrespect go on in those worlds.

Now, if there were worlds with a year requirement, many veterans of runescape could play together without bots. I do think that 3 years isnt enough, maybe 4-5 years since sign up date, since bots werent really around in 04-05.

Hell make the year anything, Im a RSC veteran and I would love to have a world dedicated to long-term players.

4-5 years sound a lot better, but I'd prefer 5-6 years as a minimum. Btw, botters have been around since RSC, just not in so huge quantities as today or back in late 2007.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I wish there were 'experience' worlds. Make a world for people who have an acc 3+ years old....that'll bring the peace.

How so? There are plenty of botters that have played for 3+ years. Also, what if someone who had played RS since [iDK] gave their account to a friend who botted on it?

Well, take for example the skill worlds right now. Everyone who plays on them think they are the best thing in the world with skills over 1500. A lot of pigheadeness and disrespect go on in those worlds.

Now, if there were worlds with a year requirement, many veterans of runescape could play together without bots. I do think that 3 years isnt enough, maybe 4-5 years since sign up date, since bots werent really around in 04-05.

Hell make the year anything, Im a RSC veteran and I would love to have a world dedicated to long-term players.

4-5 years sound a lot better, but I'd prefer 5-6 years as a minimum. Btw, botters have been around since RSC, just not in so huge quantities as today or back in late 2007.

I guess its harder to notice bots when your a kid XD

Gurshnak.png

1) Don't use the term veteran when referring to a game.

2) years mean nothing, literally nothing.

3) I've played since 01, but started this account in july 07. I don't think 4+ years is a wise choice.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

If you keep your public chat off you would not hear any of this. Also, if you are not botting, nothing to worry about! problem solved.

Also, I'm a veteran RuneScaper!

Support, although I tend to keep chat on hide, it's annoying to be called a bot.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

To your comment on 1500+ worlds, I strongly disagree. My homeworld is 114 and it seems like the people there just want to get away from the noobs asking for "phr33 st00f pl0x". The people are very friendly and helpful and I have never noticed any pigheadedness

snipers_end.png

I agree.

I'm a regular bot hunter, and I enjoy trapping, killing, ridiculing and humiliating bots. And while doing this I need to make sure they're not a player. And whether they have public on or not is not one of these things.

That's ridiculous. You have NO proof of them being a botter. None. All these "intelligent tricks" are nothing but idiotic ways to put your mind at ease that the person you know nothing about has done such an egregious thing you must ban them from the game. Sw0rd, back in the day you wouldn't even be legally old enough to play this game. I don't think you should think yourself up such a position as a "bot hunter." And now, I'd like for you to explain how you kill, trap, ridicule, and humiliate them. I want each method, or I don't want to see you posting on this again, since you would have just lied, and we don't need more liars on this forum.

off topic: How do you ridicule/humiliate a machine...

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

I agree.

I'm a regular bot hunter, and I enjoy trapping, killing, ridiculing and humiliating bots. And while doing this I need to make sure they're not a player. And whether they have public on or not is not one of these things.

That's ridiculous. You have NO proof of them being a botter. None. All these "intelligent tricks" are nothing but idiotic ways to put your mind at ease that the person you know nothing about has done such an egregious thing you must ban them from the game. Sw0rd, back in the day you wouldn't even be legally old enough to play this game. I don't think you should think yourself up such a position as a "bot hunter." And now, I'd like for you to explain how you kill, trap, ridicule, and humiliate them. I want each method, or I don't want to see you posting on this again, since you would have just lied, and we don't need more liars on this forum.

you humiliate a computer program the same way you hurt a rock's feelings! duh......................... :P

pere_grin.png

If you keep your public chat off you would not hear any of this. Also, if you are not botting, nothing to worry about! problem solved.

If you don't bot, you don't get banned.

...That's the way it should be. Unfortunately, we all know how good Jagex's ban/appeal system is. ;(

If you don't bot, you don't get banned.

...That's the way it should be. Unfortunately, we all know how good Jagex's ban/appeal system is. ;(

Lol What ban/appeal system? Wait...your telling me Jagex actually has a system? And it's not just them taking stabs in the dark? Do they read the appeals or the cases? :o :o

/Sarcsam

Gurshnak.png

I agree.

Lol, you're so pathetic, wanabe mod. "Hur dur dur im a REGULAR BOT HUNTER I'm so cool, like OH-EMM-GEE it's not as if that player would want to ignore me because I'm a total jackass !"

NormaIize.png

I agree.

Pwnt

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Essence bots: Open the door north of aubury, and close aubury's door, people that are botters run into the room north and one would close the door behind them. If they were somehow a player, they would open the door. That would be fairly humiliating for a person who bots to come back and find their bot running around in circles in a room, surrounded by other players saying lolololzzzzz loooollll now i will get modness :D w000t i haz going to get being moderator coz i reported. That's what lots of people are like.

This works for a minority of bots. I did this just the other day with a friend, and we only got about 3-4 out of at least 20 bots into the room. The rest just ran around the outside of the rune shop clicking on Aubury, and some actually opened the door. However, we knew they were bots as they ran around the room and some couldn't open the door, and no one told us to stop closing the door. A level 120 with an HP cape was botting, so levels mean nothing.

Green dragon bots: I haven't got much of a method to do this but, if a rev shows up, I try to lure it onto that player suspected of botting then I run for it to clan wars or tele out if in lower wildy.

Chinchompa bots: Put fires where they lay their traps or put my own one there. It will at least delay them. It used to be possible to lure them to ogres, but it's not now I don't think.

Teleothering them works much better, and bots are now starting to script in people putting down fires.

Yew bots: They sometimes randomly run northwest in huge groups then come back. I just report them if they do because it's enough to get them banned.

Flax bots: Get a clockwork cat and have it on top of some flax, when they come to pick the flax they click on the cat, they either then get a random, or log out. With older bots it was possible to lure them to bats.

This requires immense amounts of time, though it works.

There are runecrafting bots, ore mining bots, snape grass bots, fishing bots, agility bots, spinning bots, firemaking bots, cooking bots. Though bot hunting produces much lulz, it does not produce much results.

(Yes, I'm aware of the grammar)

PM me for fitocracy invite

I agree.

saru....

keep doing what you do, some of your replys are so hilarious

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

Essence bots: Open the door north of aubury, and close aubury's door, people that are botters run into the room north and one would close the door behind them. If they were somehow a player, they would open the door. That would be fairly humiliating for a person who bots to come back and find their bot running around in circles in a room, surrounded by other players saying lolololzzzzz loooollll now i will get modness :D w000t i haz going to get being moderator coz i reported. That's what lots of people are like.

This works for a minority of bots. I did this just the other day with a friend, and we only got about 3-4 out of at least 20 bots into the room. The rest just ran around the outside of the rune shop clicking on Aubury, and some actually opened the door. However, we knew they were bots as they ran around the room and some couldn't open the door, and no one told us to stop closing the door. A level 120 with an HP cape was botting, so levels mean nothing.

Green dragon bots: I haven't got much of a method to do this but, if a rev shows up, I try to lure it onto that player suspected of botting then I run for it to clan wars or tele out if in lower wildy.

Chinchompa bots: Put fires where they lay their traps or put my own one there. It will at least delay them. It used to be possible to lure them to ogres, but it's not now I don't think.

Teleothering them works much better, and bots are now starting to script in people putting down fires.

Yew bots: They sometimes randomly run northwest in huge groups then come back. I just report them if they do because it's enough to get them banned.

Flax bots: Get a clockwork cat and have it on top of some flax, when they come to pick the flax they click on the cat, they either then get a random, or log out. With older bots it was possible to lure them to bats.

This requires immense amounts of time, though it works.

There are runecrafting bots, ore mining bots, snape grass bots, fishing bots, agility bots, spinning bots, firemaking bots, cooking bots. Though bot hunting produces much lulz, it does not produce much results.

(Yes, I'm aware of the grammar)

Rag, I'll be honest, at first when you came and joined, I wasn't a big fan of you. But know, you starting to become pretty cool

OT: Teleothering? What do you mean by that? Only way I can think of that is if you're in a PvP world

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Rag, I'll be honest, at first when you came and joined, I wasn't a big fan of you. But know, you starting to become pretty cool

OT: Teleothering? What do you mean by that? Only way I can think of that is if you're in a PvP world

Awwwww, I'm flattered :^_^: (seriously)

When you teleother someone, their chat box goes to the "You have been teleothered. Would you like to accept?" type interface. This messes with the bot programming somehow, and they stop whatever they're doing (most effective at chin bots). This means that if they've set down a trap for example, if it falls over, they will be incapable of picking it up for a little bit until the interface closes. Then you swoop in and take it, repeating this multiple times until they are out of traps. It's quite lulzy, and I get a fair amount of praise from actual hunters. And yes, I DO make sure that the person is a bot first. Here's a video of it -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31AQcXa-AE

PM me for fitocracy invite

Why do people, wherever they are, always accuse people who dont talk of botting?! You know maybe I DONT want to talk to the populace of Runescape, and would rather retreat to the comfort of my Clan Chat. Its really getting on my nerves when I turn my public chat back on, just to see like 3-4 people going:

"Bot"

"Bot much?"'

"Botter!!"

"Reported"

"reported teh bot lol"

I mean...whats the point!? Jagex is not going to swoop down on a phoenix with a bag of 100m and a silver crown for you. Theres always the distinct possibility that someone might not want to talk to all the little 11 year olds who play now. No I would not bloody well like to explain how FOG works, no I didnt hear your request on what my "________" level is after you spam me 100 requests. NO I do not want to buy your junk. I dont want to converse with you, thats why I have a CC...

Bleh.

I hate wannabe mods. I wish I could report them for bug abuse when annoying me like a [bleep] jackass because they're bugging me out. I hate it when they're like "OMG FOLLOW TEH RS RULEZZ PLEASE". I just want to make them lose all their items.

NormaIize.png

I agree.

Okay, I'll say the methods of getting rid of bots:

(After each method I report them as well)

If there are any other types of bot, I'll work out some method for them.

Now do you believe me?

I believe that you made that post, I believe that your name is Sw0rd95, and I also believe in life after love.

However, I do not believe that any of those methods PROVE someone is a botter. While I will concede to the fact that the majority are, you really shouldn't do stuff like that. For example, sometimes I simply afk at chins, infact, once I was there just standing and looked backto my screen to see someone was tele othering me. So I was like w"wtf" and that was that. But what if someone afks at the aubury rune shop, and you just happen to close the door, you spend all that time reporting people. And some may not even be guilty. And why is it your job to do so? Oh... it's not. =\ I'm not trying to be harsh, but I really cannot stand people coming up to me saying "hi" "hey Saru _inc, you there?" Not for the purpose of starting a conversation, but for the purpose of raising their psuedo electronic ivory pedestal a few notches nightly. Sometimes I will simply say "f off rtard" and ignore them. I'll keep on playing, and ik now I won't get banned, because I'm not botting. However, it's so annoying to be hunting chins and all the sudden a "tele other" screen pops up. GET OFF MY SCREEN YOU OVERZEALOUS MIDGETIZED DIGITIZED LITTLE LIFE ZIT. Gah! (note, I'm not calling you that... only if you were to ever do that to me :P ) But the few times I do mine ess for strange rocks, I don't want people shutting doors on me, or when I'm collecting herbs, or w/c to spam trade requests at me. Because apparently if I say hi I could still be a bot. And I know the personality type of the wanna be mod, and they are wanna be mods for a reason, because they are not mature enough, nor tactful enough to be complete mods. So they try to fill the shoes not tailored for them, and complain when all their huffing and puffing trying to move the shoes go to no avail. Because they are not your shoes to move.

*note* again, I'm responding to Sw0rd's post, but really I'm talking about all WBMS. You can love the game, and want to keep the rules aligned with the planets, but you don't have to be a douche. If someone cusses, or says "yh i live at 3245 rtard lane in north Dakota" don't report them. Don't warn them. Don't even talk to them. Move along, the message was not meant for you, so it's rude to intercept it and perceive your own quasi delusions of grandeur that you're single handedly stopping a ring of pedobear smugglers in north Dakota. No actually, you're affecting the dangerously unbalanced and perilous circle of life. Which will go on and on whether you do anything about it, so theres no use to reporting him. He'll be muted. So? Now he'll just hate you provided he knows who did it. Anyways. yh.

Why do people, wherever they are, always accuse people who dont talk of botting?! You know maybe I DONT want to talk to the populace of Runescape, and would rather retreat to the comfort of my Clan Chat. Its really getting on my nerves when I turn my public chat back on, just to see like 3-4 people going:

"Bot"

"Bot much?"'

"Botter!!"

"Reported"

"reported teh bot lol"

I mean...whats the point!? Jagex is not going to swoop down on a phoenix with a bag of 100m and a silver crown for you. Theres always the distinct possibility that someone might not want to talk to all the little 11 year olds who play now. No I would not bloody well like to explain how FOG works, no I didnt hear your request on what my "________" level is after you spam me 100 requests. NO I do not want to buy your junk. I dont want to converse with you, thats why I have a CC...

Bleh.

I hate wannabe mods. I wish I could report them for bug abuse when annoying me like a [bleep] jackass because they're bugging me out. I hate it when they're like "OMG FOLLOW TEH RS RULEZZ PLEASE". I just want to make them lose all their items.

I hope they lose all their vital organs. But first the trachea, then the corrorated artery(spelling?), then the medulla oblongata. Then they're dead. However, they will be alive the whole time as I dig the parts out with an irl macro I designed that also cusses, asks people what their favorite irl color is, usues a cheat to gain access to a private rs server to sell their soon to be vacant vital organs, and swiftly tells them that they are jagex. The end result, are the WBMs face the void of death with the realization that they are defeated by everything they stood up against.

I agree.

Okay, I'll say the methods of getting rid of bots:

(After each method I report them as well)

If there are any other types of bot, I'll work out some method for them.

Now do you believe me?

I believe that you made that post, I believe that your name is Sw0rd95, and I also believe in life after love.

However, I do not believe that any of those methods PROVE someone is a botter. While I will concede to the fact that the majority are, you really shouldn't do stuff like that. For example, sometimes I simply afk at chins, infact, once I was there just standing and looked backto my screen to see someone was tele othering me. So I was like w"wtf" and that was that. But what if someone afks at the aubury rune shop, and you just happen to close the door, you spend all that time reporting people. And some may not even be guilty. And why is it your job to do so? Oh... it's not. =\ I'm not trying to be harsh, but I really cannot stand people coming up to me saying "hi" "hey Saru _inc, you there?" Not for the purpose of starting a conversation, but for the purpose of raising their psuedo electronic ivory pedestal a few notches nightly. Sometimes I will simply say "f off rtard" and ignore them. I'll keep on playing, and ik now I won't get banned, because I'm not botting. However, it's so annoying to be hunting chins and all the sudden a "tele other" screen pops up. GET OFF MY SCREEN YOU OVERZEALOUS MIDGETIZED DIGITIZED LITTLE LIFE ZIT. Gah! (note, I'm not calling you that... only if you were to ever do that to me :P ) But the few times I do mine ess for strange rocks, I don't want people shutting doors on me, or when I'm collecting herbs, or w/c to spam trade requests at me. Because apparently if I say hi I could still be a bot. And I know the personality type of the wanna be mod, and they are wanna be mods for a reason, because they are not mature enough, nor tactful enough to be complete mods. So they try to fill the shoes not tailored for them, and complain when all their huffing and puffing trying to move the shoes go to no avail. Because they are not your shoes to move.

*note* again, I'm responding to Sw0rd's post, but really I'm talking about all WBMS. You can love the game, and want to keep the rules aligned with the planets, but you don't have to be a douche. If someone cusses, or says "yh i live at 3245 rtard lane in north Dakota" don't report them. Don't warn them. Don't even talk to them. Move along, the message was not meant for you, so it's rude to intercept it and perceive your own quasi delusions of grandeur that you're single handedly stopping a ring of pedobear smugglers in north Dakota. No actually, you're affecting the dangerously unbalanced and perilous circle of life. Which will go on and on whether you do anything about it, so theres no use to reporting him. He'll be muted. So? Now he'll just hate you provided he knows who did it. Anyways. yh.

"Bot"

"Bot much?"'

"Botter!!"

"Reported"

"reported teh bot lol"

Bleh.

I hope they lose all their vital organs. But first the trachea, then the corrorated artery(spelling?), then the medulla oblongata. Then they're dead. However, they will be alive the whole time as I dig the parts out with an irl macro I designed that also cusses, asks people what their favorite irl color is, usues a cheat to gain access to a private rs server to sell their soon to be vacant vital organs, and swiftly tells them that they are jagex. The end result, are the WBMs face the void of death with the realization that they are defeated by everything they stood up against.

WIN. Is it ok that I love you? <3

Gurshnak.png

Essence bots: Open the door north of aubury, and close aubury's door, people that are botters run into the room north and one would close the door behind them. If they were somehow a player, they would open the door. That would be fairly humiliating for a person who bots to come back and find their bot running around in circles in a room, surrounded by other players saying lolololzzzzz loooollll now i will get modness w000t i haz going to get being moderator coz i reported. That's what lots of people are like.

Essence bots: That moderator comment really killed me. That too should be banable/muteable IMO. Also, how the hell can a completely anonymous player get humiliated by people saying random s**t over a game? It's just to log out, hop world and then they can continue.

Green dragons: Blue dragons are better anyway. :shades: You can't really 'lure' a revenant to attack another player anyway.

Chinchompa bots: I've never been hunting chinchompas before, so I can't say much about that. But it sounds pretty stupid to me. Might be someone who just went browsing a forum or something.

Yew bots: That is effing not enough to get them banned.

Flax bots: Do people still do this? :blink: I don't think I've ever been near the flax field. >_>

"Now, do you believe me?": I believe you're another of those goddamn wannabe mods.

I gotta say though, Jagex and its macro detection system royally sucks. And why did they change it to just a two week ban? That only teachs botters that they can bot as much as they want, and when they get that 2 week ban then they better start playing legitly. But what if that two week ban is to late? And they have already multiple 99's??

Gurshnak.png

I gotta say though, Jagex and its macro detection system royally sucks. And why did they change it to just a two week ban? That only teachs botters that they can bot as much as they want, and when they get that 2 week ban then they better start playing legitly. But what if that two week ban is to late? And they have already multiple 99's??

A friend of mine (He was on the front page in Crafting) got inaccurately banned for botting because he had powercutted gems with his public chat set to friends. (I know because I was standing next to him the entire day. >_>)

I'm glad he didn't get a permanent ban, but a ban lasting 2 weeks and an instantly rejected appeal is too much. Since then he's quit RS and dropped back to page 2. :(