To Stay, or Not To Stay

Pinkbullet3

Say you're in the mood for some mining. Upon reaching your intended mining destination, you notice someone else already there.

Do you attempt to mine in hopes of forcing him to leave?

Or do you switch worlds?

If you switch worlds and you find someone else at that spot, do you switch worlds again?

If so, how many times (assuming there's a person at each new world you switch to) will you switch before you give up?

I hear this happens to members and their dragon training areas. :s

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

If I'm skilling or doing something that I don't really need to do, I'll hop until I find an empty world. If someone attempts to crash me, I will fight for my spot.

If I'm slaying, I will crash anyone who isn't using a spot as effectively as I would, which is most people.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I switch most of the time and if I can't find an empty world then I intrude.

I almost feel bad when I set up a cannon under the lighthouse in a busy world. Almost. Those little [bleep]es make the task even faster.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Here's a trick I've found.

How I'm always on lunars. This is because I can boost to spellbook swap and being an avid farmer, the spellbook is far more useful than modern. There's a handy little spell there called Stat Spy, which lets you see your opponents current stats and their base stats. This allows you to deduce a number of things. You can tell if you they using extremes or not, or simply use super pots, if it is a combat area. You can tell what method they are using based on their stats, and finally you can tell whether or not you have a chance at winning if you compete.

In fact, when you stat spy someone, the other player gets a "Zaapdos is spying on you" or something like that. Many times, when someone sees that you are stat spying, they switch by themselves, knowing that you will have the advantage if you two compete, since you know more info about them than they can find about you.

VERY useful little spell there.

Well first off I only experience this while slaying or MHing. And my decision depends.

Slayer: If it's a task that's usually uncrowded (abyssal demons), I'll hop since I KNOW there are open worlds.

GWD: I will not hop at solo Bandos or Arma if they are considerably weaker, since there are not open worlds.

TDS: I will hop, there are open worlds, and if I were to piss off the current occupant they can mess up lures which makes us both suffer.

For DKS: 3 hops, then I crash.

For bandos solo, until I can find an easy (80%+) of kills world.

Zaps, its called the high score. If they have x pots, they'll be using them

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I'll always hop, however if someone crashes me I'll not budge unless they just take over my spot then it's kind of redundant to fight a losing battle. How many times I'll hop depends on my mood, I'll generally hop quite a few times because once I've got what I want to do in my mind, I want to do it. However, sometimes I do just think 'what's the point?' and give up.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

For DKS: 3 hops, then I crash.

For bandos solo, until I can find an easy (80%+) of kills world.

Zaps, its called the high score. If they have x pots, they'll be using them

Highscores don't reveal all stats, plus you can't tell the method they are using.

For example, if they have 45/95 prayer, chances are they are turming. If they have something like 75/75 prayer, obvious they are not praying and probably means they aren't slaying very efficiently.

In addition, highscores can't "intimidate" the other player by letting them know you are spying on them. Plus you'll always have to deal with Joe29483924893 or LllILl or 00o0oooo000oo

If I'm doing something where I know there's an empty world, I'll always hop. How many times depends on my mood, but I would rather give up looking and go and do something else if I can't find a world after a while. However, if someone tries to take mine, I'll probably fight for it.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]