Napoleonic Hegemony

Nero

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the plan was to name them infrastructure, raw materials, agriculture, investment and high stakes....But I thought people will do what they normally do and demand that their investments into infrastructure have some sort of secondary effect.

Also, that budget mechanic will screw the game over, since countries can only stay the same or get poorer....

What we could do is just make it so that you can gamble once a day, instead of set resets.

If you don't gamble then nothing bad happens.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Yet another reason I like the chips system...it prevents people from modernising their country into the space age.

Modernization isn't quite the same as you envisaged it. Russia was behind the trends during the Napoleanic era, so they began transforming the country to catch up to the Western Europeans. Its concepts of individual liberty were extremely distorted, and its government was an autocracy.

And I don't like the chips system. That's what trade (in all senses of the word. Includes investing in merchantile companies and stuff) is for.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Chips seems a lot better than giving everyone a tonne of money every time they pass go...

Course, that is another option. Each day Dusty rolls a die for us and advances us round a board, when we pass go we collect our reset....

But that seems a tad too complicated.

Personally, it would be a lot easier to say 'I need a cannon....I put 50,000 on Red, what happens?' than going 'Well, when I next get my 100,000 I am gonna buy a cannon.'

Of course it's better to give everyone a tonne of money everytime they pass go.

Except that we have to make troops cost per deployment, rather than for purchase. That was a big flaw, which is fixed by deployment. So, there is no issue to that. Chips just make it more complicated, because no leader in their right mind would bet tax money on gambling with such large amounts.

Somewhat arbitrary (budget numbers) is better than completely arbitrary (chips).

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Hmmm, Rocco's system seems better if we are gonna have resets every 5/10 days or so.

My system seems better if we are gonna gamble.

And Retech's system seems better if we want our budgets to stay the same, with landgrabbing as the only real way to make money because infrastructure takes ages and trade routes don't really work.

Maybe we can merge the three systems....IEG can be increased through 'investing' in the five chips, rather than conquering or trading...and every so often there is a reset to give us actual money.

Landgrabbing is fun. :thumbup:

The only reasons trade routes didn't work were:

1. I was lazy. I didn't update them at all basically

2. Trade routes increased economy, not budget directly. Instead make it increase economy (or something cumalative which affects the budget every year), and give you a lump sum of money. It would be like chips, except that instead of making it a game mechanic, have it as something that actually does something (like you can steal trade routes, or intercept them, etc). If you wanted to conquer, you couldn't risk the money in trade and had to go for it immediately, but if you were at peace and had some money to spare, you could make a trade route. It could potentailly give a big return, and trading over time would give you a cumalative boost to your budget.

Of course, Dusty has to decide a system that's convienient for him in the end, since he might find that like me, he doesn't want to deal with everyone's budget every time.

Landgrabbing is almost always blamed as a terrible thing....Especially when by landgrabbing, then a 5 year reset, your economy is much larger and you can land grab even more, until all the land has been grabbed and there is a final showdown and the game ends 1 month in.

Trade routes and Infrastructure were both incredibly silly systems if land grabbing is included, they generated virtually no money, and land grabbing generates a tonne of money.

Trade routes also look confusing and all the stuff that you 'could' do with, never happens because people deploy their navy or army, a war occurs and both sides destroy each other....

i already got poland, sere.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

then take it. im sure that hasnt been claimed.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Start date will be 1776, just at the start of the American Revolution. You can pick any country you want, not just the major powers.

hPHkt.png

(Some tiny changes may be done for balancing such as giving Saxony to Prussia or whatever, but that's basically it)

[and I'll write out a list of whose vassal is who, like wallachia and ragusa are ottoman vassals, and hannover is in a personal union ruled by the king of Greatbritain]

I'll be back later, gonna go have a few beers

The flag of Austro-Hungary has been changed in honour of the hard workers and soldiers who are the backbone of the country and economy.

The sword represents the military force of Austro-Hungary while the Sickle represents the hard workers.

The two-headed eagle represents tradition in our country.

The colours show that our country can be calm and placid but also hot and fiery.

The star represents our ambitions.

[hide]austrohungarianflag.png[/hide]

[Falador tavern]

Kinda thinking about being the Americans.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Hmmmm...I don't like America's chances of independance a second time around...especially in Hegemony.

It will definately be a proving ground for Dusty's moderating skills in any case...since GB could launch a massive attack on the USA and destroy it before it has got anywhere at all....

GB didn't really care for USA, I thought they were giving them too many problems.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

The American Revolutionary War (17751783) or American War of Independence began as a war between the Kingdom of Great Britain and thirteen former British colonies in North America, and concluded in a global war between several European great powers.

Britian wanted the colonies back... Just like Retech wanted the Licht Colonies back, even though they had revolted....

Hmmmm...I don't like America's chances of independance a second time around...especially in Hegemony.

It will definately be a proving ground for Dusty's moderating skills in any case...since GB could launch a massive attack on the USA and destroy it before it has got anywhere at all....

Depends if the USA is a player character or not. As an NPC its chances are very dubious.

I think we should write a short alternative history for the sake of the game. I don't think rewriting a lot of things and creating new cultures and races would be worth it but if we simply wrap up any problems.

In my opinion America, China, Russia and other super powers should be inhabited only by tribes of enemys that don't attack but only defend what is rightfully theirs.

We could say this.

When Christopher Columbus was on the route to discover America for Europe a maelstrom took him off course breaking his boat and killing him, Americans caught sight of the ships and guessed they were invaders so they now have a huge military.

[Falador tavern]

I disagree.

I think that those areas only become a major issue if we are allowing landgrabbing....If we are using a system that doesn't balloon when you conquer someone then it should be fine because there is no incentive to conquer vast swathes of rebel generating territory.

GB didn't really care for USA, I thought they were giving them too many problems.

Then why do you think the British Empire invaded the former colonies twice?

Also, the American colonies were a major asset for the British Empire.

Spare thy musket, Spoileth thy Child.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I disagree.

I think that those areas only become a major issue if we are allowing landgrabbing....If we are using a system that doesn't balloon when you conquer someone then it should be fine because there is no incentive to conquer vast swathes of rebel generating territory.

I will proxy NPC countries occasionally to try and maintain a sort of balance of power. So if somebody starts zerging and conquering NPCs, then I'll have some country lead a defensive alliance so the next time they try and grab some easy land they find themselves at war with some coalition of NPC countries.

How closely will we follow things to history? For example, what if a country was having trouble with racial revolts? Could we take what we know from history such as a mistake our country made and then correct it?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.