Napoleonic Hegemony

Nero

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should I color in the map with my overseas territories? (Dusty can edit/tell me I'm an idiot if I am wrong). I'm mainly forced to do this because I cannot find one god dam cohesive map as of yet (So I go through piecemeal through wikipedia)

EDIT: Here is a decent map for what was around at the time (it's not perfect for a couple of reasons [chief being that the thirteen colonies are part of the british empire according to the map [so as usual to confirm go to wikipedia])

[hide]

colonial_dominion_1700_1763.jpg

[/hide]

LNYvk.png

Should I color in the map with my overseas territories? (Dusty can edit/tell me I'm an idiot if I am wrong). I'm mainly forced to do this because I cannot find one god dam cohesive map as of yet (So I go through piecemeal through wikipedia)

I think it would be better if Dusty did it.

Dusty already provided a map.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

hPHkt.png

(Only thing I changed from its historically accuracy is uniting Italy into a single state)

--

And Dungeonal, we'll figure something out

Hey everyone, I just watched this movie on Youtube. It was made during the times of Nazi Germany, but it's still a classic, rivaling the Wizard of Oz. I suggest anyone who has time to watch it.

[hide]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnP3mEEQ6z8&feature=PlayList&p=9413E24C334E5A72&playnext=1&index=13

[/hide]

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

It looks pretty cool but I can't watch it at the moment (just look at the time!).

Dusty, I think countrys should have a disadvantage as well as an advantage.

[Falador tavern]

It looks pretty cool but I can't watch it at the moment (just look at the time!).

Dusty, I think countrys should have a disadvantage as well as an advantage.

I was thinking that people always end up making enough disadvantages themselves (like Burgundy in YOH spending the first 40 years building a citadel and thus finding itself stuck with its initial budget with nowhere to expand anymore).

--

Oh, and I've almost got all my work done so we should be able to start in a couple days. Gotta figure out a concrete system for the economics though.

Well that citadel was pretty tough to bust. When closed, no spies could get in. Basically impossible to poison the water. Somewhat self-sustaining. Dwarf fortress styled super traps.

DAS for the win!

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Another cool film that people should watch if interested in the Napoleanic era (or just parts of the film) is called "Kolberg". It was produced in the time of Nazi Germany and had the advantage of drawing upon German army reserves. Infact, over twenty thousand German soldiers were used in the film. The only problem is that during the mass infantry charges, far fewer people die than you expect, probaly because people didn't want to be the person who died.

Well yes (As the slightly lighter shade of blue is the thirteen colonies which France did not control) I could be wrong though. You may want to use wikipedia on this (or google it).

LNYvk.png

Who's the slightly grayish blue in west Africa

Sokoto or Mali, some west african tribal nation.

Well yes (As the slightly lighter shade of blue is the thirteen colonies which France did not control) I could be wrong though. You may want to use wikipedia on this (or google it).

Err...Africa not America, Grim.

Have you figured out an economic system? :thumbup:

Ross, don't you think it would be fun to make a fortress called Moatburdened?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Have you figured out an economic system? :thumbup:

Kind of. I was figuring that every province you have overseas gives a 2% bonus to your tariff income, as with any province that can be land linked to your capital gets a 2% bonus to your production income.

So, if you have a base starting treasury of 10m ducats, 50 provinces on land and 25 overseas, you'd get 10m base + 10m production + 5m tariffs for a grand total of 25m per reset. Might add another +% for technology progress.

A single infantry of the line costs you 1,000 ducats though so I may need to adjust the base.

Oh, and going out and conquering everything might seem like a good idea to raise your budget, but then you get nationalist rebels, independence movements, patriot mobs, and all sorts of nasty random events.

Could you make a color key, atleast for important nations that are player controlled?

Like this:

colorkey.png

I will when I do the map.

Ross, don't you think it would be fun to make a fortress called Moatburdened?

He was referring to this: http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Boatmurdered/intro.html

Could I be hot pink please!

Doom, you get my PM?

Hot pink Austria-Hungary...alright...

Could I be hot pink please!

Doom, you get my PM?

Hot pink Austria-Hungary...alright...

It was a mans colour in those days.

[Falador tavern]

I'll take bright red, like the Soviet flag. :thumbup:

I know, but bright red gives significance to me. The Lichtens had that color in the first Hegemony. :D