Napoleonic Hegemony

Nero

Err, Dusty? Maybe because guns of the time had crap range and accuracy. A good crossbowmen would easily beat a medium-skill gunman.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there's a reason why guns were preferred over crossbows, right?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Well it looks small enough. How valuable is it? :S

If it is valuable, then I demand that I own the Crimea, because of its historical value!

It's just a region that Russia has always had a loooooong history of fighting for and over.

Err, Dusty? Maybe because guns of the time had crap range and accuracy. A good crossbowmen would easily beat a medium-skill gunman.

Look, if you want to use a piece of technology that's been out of date for nearly a millenium you can. I can tell you right away though that muskets are definitely better than crossbows. But true, a good crossbowmen could beat a medium skilled (ie conscript soldier) musketman. Problem is, in the time it would take you to train a single good crossbowmen, you could trade an entire battalion of musketmen. So yea, go ahead and pit a crossbowmen against a battalion of line infantry.

Then I shall fight for it with the fervor of a person who just realized that all the conflicts between Russia and the Ottoman Empire have been over that piece of land.

Workers of the world, unite!

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Correct, pretty much any untrained soldier will lose to a trained one when they have comparable weaponry. But the beauty in the musket is its sheer weight and terror, and the fact that it's so easy to train them with. That and the fact that you can stick a sword on the end of it.

Like I said, you can use crossbowmen if you like. But they'll lose nearly every engagement against a sizeable enemy force.

I ask again, are we starting post American revolution or pre?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I ask again, are we starting post American revolution or pre?

During. I guess. Or atleast a lot of people in America will be pushing for revolution, especially if it's an NPC.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Well since I'm Portuguese do I get dragoons and organ guns?

You can use whichever ones you want to start with, provided they've already been invented.

------

Oh, and thinking instead of Base, Tech, and Tariffs we have Base, Production, Tariffs. This way countries like say, Russia, would get next to no Tariff income, but have mega production income (since it'll be based on how many provinces you have that can be land-linked to your capital).

Then I shall fight for it with the fervor of a person who just realized that all the conflicts between Russia and the Ottoman Empire have been over that piece of land.

Workers of the world, unite!

In an ironic turn of events, the Sultan expresses his disinterest in the Crimea.

The Ottoman Empire would like to settle old differences and work together with Russia.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Yippee to both things above. :thumbup:

Want to conquer Asia together?

I'm sure Dusty will probably make your people still hate eachother :P.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

All hail the Tsaress Catherine the Great, enlightened ruler and mother to her people!

[hide]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdieIgs62eo

[/hide]

The Ottomans here.

Already taken by Sre

Country list:

Arch - Prussia

Icu - Great Britain

Rocco - Portugal

Ross - Sweden

Edelweiss - Austria-Hungary

Paul - Italy

Earth - Poland

Retech - Russia

Grim - Netherlands

Sere - Ottomans

Dungeonal - USA

Doom - France

Trol - Spain

----

And here's the map we'll be using:

LddXc.gif

So, tariffs would be based on the % of your provinces that are overseas (base x %), and production based on how many provinces you have that can be land linked to your capital (gotta figure out an easy way of doing this that allows more than 100%).

Considering the USA will be on Holiday until at least August the 4th, if the game starts before then, we put all our money in a safe so if a reset occurs before the USA returns to operations then I will still have that money..

kl

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Considering the USA will be on Holiday until at least August the 4th, if the game starts before then, we put all our money in a safe so if a reset occurs before the USA returns to operations then I will still have that money..

kl

Well, when the game starts you're in the war of independence. Lol

Any possibility you could color that map in? :P

Do the various countries keep their overseas territories (Because if this game starts in 1776 I still have control over Ceylon among other things)?

LNYvk.png