Update deadlines

mister_moocky

Patience is a virtue.

Jagex has clearly stated there was some incompatibility problems with this week's update on RSOF, you're still ranting about how Jagex can't meet deadlines?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Well they did take two and a half years to develop dungeoneering. They continually stalled the release date for a year and promised a great, new, inventive skill like nothing we'd ever seen before. Then I think they gave up and released a mini-game in it's place.

This new dungeoneering is a minigame thing is turning into the old Wilderness arguement. I guess it probably won't die out for a year or so...

OT: I support, they already delayed last week's update (which turned out crappy imo), now they make us wait another week :rolleyes:

It'd be good if the update wasn't something significant, but elite TT sounds fun! Also at the beginning of this month, I was really looking forward after reading the BTS, and I can say it hasn't lived up to expectations.

Staurolite.png

Clue scroll updates and new, working graphics; or clue scroll updates and new graphics chock full of game-breaking bugs.

I dunno, difficult decision. I'd rather know it's coming out and be disappointed when it doesn't come out on time than not know at all.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You can't wait a week?

anyways a wise man said

Clue scroll updates and new, working graphics; or clue scroll updates and new graphics chalk full of game-breaking bugs.

I dunno, difficult decision. I'd rather know it's coming out and be disappointed when it doesn't come out on time than not know at all.

Clue scroll updates and new, working graphics; or clue scroll updates and new graphics chalk full of game-breaking bugs.

True. I was under the impression that it's "chock" full, though. Anyone confirm?

PM me for fitocracy invite

True. I was under the impression that it's "chock" full, though. Anyone confirm?

You're right, my mistake.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I heard that there was rioting over the delay of this update... It makes me sick. Seriously. I wish everyone would grow up and find something else to do for ONE WEEK. It won't kill you. Yeah the treasure trail update sounds absolutely great, but is it really that big of a deal that it's not out RIGHT NOW?? Ugh. I hate impatience.

I like reading BTS every month. I don't care if they're late on the update. I want it to work when I go to use it. Not just sit there looking pretty while we can't use it cause it's glitched.

Know what's even more sad? If this update did come out when planned, and all the game graphics glitched or whatever the problem would have been, there would have been rants and riots that Jagex doesn't know what they're doing, and maybe they should have TESTED it before releasing it, and that people would GLADLY wait as long as it worked. But no. You people are never happy. Grow up.

EDIT: This isn't necessarily directed at the OP. This is my personal rant at all the "rioters" and people who complain all the time. The OP has a good point about reintroducing the BTS.

Blakdragon39.png

It makes me wonder what the "rioters" do when their favorite TV shows go on hiatus for the summer - or as the new trend is going, go on mid-season hiatus.

Seriously, if you're that desperate for new entertainment, pick up a book. If that's too "lo-tech" for you, then download an e-book. All the fun and escapism of RS, with 100% less grinding!

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

This new dungeoneering is a minigame thing is turning into the old Wilderness arguement. I guess it probably won't die out for a year or so...

No it is pretty much a minigame, if it werent for the resource dungeons.

Before the update, rewards from the trader are THE only rewards from the skill. Spending XP lamps on dungeoneering is pretty much useless, period, because you didnt get tokens for XP, and tokens are almost the only thing worth bothering about because the XP simply doesnt matter.

O.O

When they release something on time with bugs everyone rants and raves asking "why didn't they take more time to fix it before releasing it" but when they delay the release to fix bugs it's "why can't they just release it even with bugs!"