Murder she wrote

jasignhagj

This game is a take on the party game, Mafioso. For those who have never played, there is a group of 10 - 15 people. Of those people, 3-4 are Mafiosos, 1-2 are doctors, one is a detective, and one is the mayor. There is also the host, (me) who narrates the story The rest of the players are civilians. The game is played in days, with each day consisting of a night turn and a day turn. During the night, the Mafiosos decide on someone to murder. The doctors then get to pick a person to protect, and the detective picks someone who they want to know the identity of. During the Day turn, we first find out who was murdered during the night (except on the first turn). Players then vote on who they want to kick out of the town, with the objective of getting rid of the Mafiosos.

The twist is that no one knows who is who, with the exception of the Mafiosos knowing each other. Even the doctors and detective are not known for certain by the other players, so Mafiosos often pretend to be them, convincing citizens to vote each other off.

The other twist is the Mayor role. No one starts as a Mayor, they are elected onto the role by everyone during the first turn. The mayor gets to break ties during the vote to kick out. If a mafioso gets into the mayor's position, it can become increasingly hard to get rid of them.

/walloftext

All you do to vote is write at the bottom of your post the person's name you are voting for in Orange

Simplified, here is how the game plays out

[hide]Day 1, daytime -

Mayor elected

Day 1, night

Mafiosos decide who to kill

Doctor(s) decide who to save

Detective investigates someone

Day 2, daytime

First victim revealed (unless doctor saves them)

Debate and vote to kick out of town

etc... [/hide]

The game ends when either all citizens are dead, or all Mafiosos are dead. One turn = one day, so one game day = two IRL days.

Nighttime activity takes place by the special players PMing me, while the daytime plays out on the thread.

Any interest? It'll be fun, but we need atleast 10 players.

[hide= Player List]

Trol - Host

archimage

earthsage

rsautohater

Dungeonal

Rocco

Doom

Pieis

RPG

Mather

Retech[/hide]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill give it a go..

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

During the day they post on the thread, trying to convince others to vote off the person they want gone. The night turn could get boring for those without a special role, but this is meant to be a game that only takes 20 minutes a day to play; of course you can spend more time if you want.

A day turn might go like this

P1 - I am the detective, and I found out p2 is a Mafioso. Vote him off

P2 - P1 is lying, I am the doctor.

P3 - P5 is being suspicious, we should vote for her

etc...

All you do to vote is write at the bottom of your post the person's name you are voting for in Orange (#FF8C00) . If someone changes your mind, just post again; ill use your latest vote when I Talley everything up at the end of the day. Don't run for mayor If you aren't very active, as ill need to pm you to decide if there is a tie.

Volunteer here! I'll try my best to keep up with it

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'll play. :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Hi all. Sorry to dissapoint you all, but I'm going to have to postpone this game until the 27th. My relatives are visiting this week, and I'm going to Minneapolis right after, so I just won't have time. But if everyone is still interested, I'll definatly restart it when I'm back.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so this panned out pretty well, now didn't it?

rsauto best be sending out those messages soon

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn