Forum Updated

Quite nice, the small text is a bit annoying tho.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, nice to actually be able to open hide tags on my iPhone now.

Though a bit annoyed that the mobile skin won't let me zoom in. Have to look at pics as little thumbnails now...

Also I'd like ro be able to see page numbers and the full forum path. And also I'd like to actually see subforums from the index again.

Liking it muchly, but "View My Content" has developed an epic time delay. Threads I posted in last night (so like 10+ hours ago) are only now appearing in the listing. Threads already in there are bumping themselves up fine, its jsut new threads.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Edit: Laikrob, invasion supports Admins being able to change users name. Personally I feel that Invasion is awful and that we should PHBB which supports more things and is more customisable and reliable

Uh, it's not more reliable at all. Invision is much more customisable with the new hooks system etc.. Unless of course you have some evidence for your claims?

I suppose it probably isn't more customisable its about the same but it is certaintly more reliable, PHBB doesn't rely on Javascript and doesn't have searching problems.

Its also a lot simpler to use.

Thankyou Racheya!

Also, there is a quote limit that needs changing.

[Falador tavern]

Edit: Laikrob, invasion supports Admins being able to change users name. Personally I feel that Invasion is awful and that we should PHBB which supports more things and is more customisable and reliable

Uh, it's not more reliable at all. Invision is much more customisable with the new hooks system etc.. Unless of course you have some evidence for your claims?

I suppose it probably isn't more customisable its about the same but it is certaintly more reliable, PHBB doesn't rely on Javascript and doesn't have searching problems.

Thankyou Racheya!

There were A LOT of searching problems with phpBB. In my experience, there were even more with phpBB than we have with IPB (at least in the searching that I've done).

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Thankyou Racheya!

There were A LOT of searching problems with phpBB. In my experience, there were even more with phpBB than we have with IPB (at least in the searching that I've done).

It can be configured to work though like IPB, that is not to do with forum software.

[Falador tavern]

Thankyou Racheya!

It can be configured to work though like IPB, that is not to do with forum software.

PhpBB did have search problems, like tripsis said far more than IPB. Yes, there are minor changes you can make, but nothing that made the phpBB search superior to IPB's.

I will admit I find the overuse of ajax in IPB to be annoying, but to say it's reliant is a bit of a stretch. There are ways to avoid using it, it's just the default.

In fact, from what I've heard, phpBB4 will use ajax at least as much as IPB does currently.

I still don't see what's more "reliable" about phpBB.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Also speaking from a moderator and administrator's point of view, IPB is much easier to use, more efficient and has many more convenient features. There are ups and downs to both IPB and phpBB but we switched from phpBB to IPB for a reason ;)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Also speaking from a moderator and administrator's point of view, IPB is much easier to use, more efficient and has many more convenient features. There are ups and downs to both IPB and phpBB but we switched from phpBB to IPB for a reason ;)

I think that's more of an objective opinion, I never found IPB easier to use in any way, but obviously I don't need to do much with it :P

polvCwJ.gif

I think that's more of an objective opinion, I never found IPB easier to use in any way, but obviously I don't need to do much with it :P

Well as an example, forum permissions in phpBB are a NIGHTMARE. I mean once you get used to it they're easy enough to do, but compared to IPB they're a royal pain. In general IPB's ACP is much more efficient and user friendly.

Posted Image

Well as an example, forum permissions in phpBB are a NIGHTMARE. I mean once you get used to it they're easy enough to do, but compared to IPB they're a royal pain. In general IPB's ACP is much more efficient and user friendly.

I won't claim to have intricate knowledge of the IPB ACP (I played around with it on a test forum for around 15 minutes) but it struck me as being oversimplified, and that actually getting to specifics was often not as straightforward or easy as PHPBB had been.

I think this can be paralleled in the "irc vs. skype" debate - a lot of its about personal preference. I'm not meaning to say IPB's bad software, I just preferred phpBB. Not like you'll change back anyway....so I don't know why I'm still posting :P

polvCwJ.gif