What age did you stop believing in santa?

TheRealist

We (our family) never celebrated christmas with Santa here in Holland. But we always did Sinterklaas (Saint Nicholas), and I stopped believing in that around the age of 6.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We (our family) never celebrated christmas with Santa here in Holland. But we always did Sinterklaas (Saint Nicholas), and I stopped believing in that around the age of 6.

I believe Santa Claus is derived from 'Sinterklaas'. Part of an American trend to do things that weren't British. (Take that, Father Christmas! Heh, I guess it was all reconciled in "Santa Claus: The Movie," it being a Brit flick)

You know, I can't remember what age it was. I always had a sneaking suspicion when I caught stuff in the stockings too early... but still wanted to believe. Of course, the secret was out when my maternal grandmother decided to tell me and the oldest of my three younger sisters. Eventually, I started taking on the role of Santa at times for my other younger sisters, and naturally, I do it for my daughter now. I don't think my wife and I elaborate to her (she's only 3) what Santa is supposed to be... I think right now the extent of it is the stockings... all presents are from us.

Same for me, i've never believed in santa claus, because our presents always laid under the tree before december the 25th.

signature4s.jpg

You're missing out, Santa's amazing...

-Mitch-

New sig to come!

Santa's not real? NEws to my ears :cry: .

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

somwhere around 9. Then immediately after I asked about the tooth fairy and easter bunny.

"is the easter bunny real?"

"no"

"how about the tooth fairy?"

"nope"

Jesus?"

"yep."

:lol:

rssig1.jpg

To stand in the valley of death is one thing, to not have been able to stop the chaos is another.

Think i stoped around like 8 or 9, but the funny thing was in about grd 4 or 5 i started to bleive for just oen christmas. This was cause i saw something on descover about santa, and thought it was about him being real and that. But infact it was about how it would be impossible for him to exist, lol. :lol:

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Ok. That's really getting old now.

What can you say... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :P

Has it already been said? I didn't feel the need to read everyone's replies considering this was a personal opinion type of topic.

Get the sand out of your butt :roll: .

P.S. - You do realize kid's do come to Tip.it. Congradulations, you just crushed them :wink: .

P.P.S. - Protein Shakes?

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

Has it already been said? I didn't feel the need to read everyone's replies considering this was a personal opinion type of topic.

P.S. - You do realize kid's do come to Tip.it. Congradulations, you just crushed them :wink: .

P.P.S. - Protein Shakes?

Read before you post then. :roll:

I never really belived in Santa. But when I was around 7, "Santa" spelled my name wrong on one of my presents, so I told my dad. He said in a surprised way, "Wait, thats not how you spell your name?" That got me really sad :cry:

That's kinda funny ... in a sad way.

Never believed in Santa, in my Orthadox religion santa isn't that big of a deal anyway, but still. My mom used to try to convince me about santa but it never worked. We were kinda poor at first, so maybe we didn't even have christmas when we were poor i don't know.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

P.P.S. - Protein Shakes?

you mean p.s means protein shake? *takes up a pen ad writes "post scriptum in zibl's face*

i never believed in santa since he never gave what i wanted....

ashmsig1uq.png

overseerlp5.png

R.I.P. Shiva and Steve

I havent stopped beliveing yet,because i havent seen any signs of him..but i did see my dad talking to a guy by the chrismas tree..also,if you dont have a fire place,and just a heater,what if santa went down that?do they have to hire thousands more of santas every year?im gonna try to find out this chrismas..cuz im going to my cousins and they have only 1 guest room wich i never get,so i have to sleep in the living room, and il be awake all night...

I havent stopped beliveing yet,because i havent seen any signs of him..but i did see my dad talking to a guy by the chrismas tree..also,if you dont have a fire place,and just a heater,what if santa went down that?do they have to hire thousands more of santas every year?im gonna try to find out this chrismas..cuz im going to my cousins and they have only 1 guest room wich i never get,so i have to sleep in the living room, and il be awake all night...

How old are you...

I think I was around 10..

I went shopping with my parents, and they bought something for my sister. On christmas day it said it was from santa...

But before then I used to try to stay up all night waiting, but after it got to midnight I had fallen asleep..

hofclan11zd.gif

100+ Combat :: 100+ Members :: 107 Combat Average

-{Click sig to join Heroes of the Future}-