Noobs wear the funniest things!

Riptide Mage

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably one of my biggest nuisances are people who manage to wear Bandos + DFS on every slayer task and then say they don't have enough money to turmoil/piety the task >_>

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Anyone in bandos and a glory.

Yeah, completely not money related. :roll:

Fury + V skirt is cheaper and has better stats than glory bandos. It's more so that the people are stupid about how they spend their money, not that they are poor.

I wouldn't consider someone wearing full rune and a glory a "noob wearing the funniest thing", but I will call out that guy using BCP tassets and Bandos boots.

I see a lot of people ranging with D boots. I won't call them out for it, but that's just silly.

unless they are also meeleing at the same time (such as in pking)

most commenly used item sets are useful somewhere, I think the spirit of this thread and a way in which it cannot be locked is we go and find everyone wearing a defence amulet and full addy while maging, not to laugh at someone for using a torso over bandos platebody.

This^^^

The guy in my first picture's gear wasn't really that bad on its own, but when combined with his several high level money making skills (hunter, slayer, runecrafting, fishing) and the fact that he was getting 800k worth of bones every trip should have allowed him to be wearing much much better gear, leads to a very strange situation....

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Anyone who thinks dragon armor is nice

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Probably one of my biggest nuisances are people who manage to wear Bandos + DFS on every slayer task and then say they don't have enough money to turmoil/piety the task >_>

You buy bandos and a dfs once. Gotta have prayer level (costs money..usually. although just once) Then prayer potions...

35b9enp.jpg

You buy bandos and a dfs once. Gotta have prayer level (costs money..usually. although just once) Then prayer potions...

Wearing DFS while meleeing on any task that is not called skeletal wyvern or scabarite automatically qualifies you as a "noob who wears the funniest things".

I would agree, but like others have said it's not really who has money, it's how they spend it. From an efficiency stand point, using turmoil/piety has a greater effect on the speed of slayer than Bandos/DFS. I understand that some players find it fun to slay in such gear but.. it just has to be pointed out that they're being inefficient. You're pretty much free to slay in whatever you want, but you're not making as much use out of your money as you can (which for me is what I enjoy :razz:)

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I find people who use Armadyl at Waterfiends or TDS "funny"...

Bigger magic defence doesn't cover for the attack bonus losses.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

[hide]

thenoob.png

And he told me

thenoobsaidthis.png

At Brimhaven metal drags. He was lvl 115, I am 129. I was using z spear, super antifires, and extremes. He said this after standing in one spot for like 6 mins and coming back to find me killing a dragon he was moderately close to.

Wrong thread, you're looking for the "noobs say the funniest things!" thread.

[/hide]

*Points to helmet and whip* The quote was my proof. I think I might have already put it in the "say" thread.

pere_grin.png

This seems like a very vain money-biased thread.

Interesting. :thumbup:

How the hell so? You can be poor and still have decent gear. (Eg not fally shield 3 but defender)

Someone's inferiority complex is coming out it seems.

Anyone in bandos and a glory.

Yeah, completely not money related. :roll:

Ye because they should be using fury and prossy.

And if you use DFS on any task except dragons you either choose to be inefficient (Which is fine, its your choice, just don't say its better) Or you are an IDIOT. (If you do claim its better)

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

ROFL @ the guy who isnt using better potions (considering frost are quite friendly) and using a tortoise??? ROFL

OMG he is picking up green charms too haha.

Less than 10k cannonballs?? I this meant to be picknick trip lol.

sharks??? and why so many??? OMG. Im dying from laughter. This guy must be uber poor and cant afford better inventory setup ROFL.

-

Pro thread. More pictures of bad inventory setup pl0z.

But seriously.. Just the same as I am sure you love your inventory setup. Im sure he likes his gear setup.

Though im sure people find it funny for some reason.

This sadly does seem to be turning into an efficiency based thread. Anyway, my story (sorry no picture):

Ran past a guy in lord Iowerth's camp safespotting and ranging elves (the level 108 ones) nothing wrong with that, except he as wearing full rune to do it in. I stopped and explained briefly that he'd be better taking his armour off is he didn't have any range gear. Come back from my clue ~5 minutes later and there he is, still ranging in full rune from a safespot.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

"I don't see anything wrong with mystic and a SoL at Strykewyrms, for example. Dragonhide and a SoL maybe....

Badmaging.png

I assume you're talking about my picture.

It's not the Sol or the Mystic (why the hell would I bash a SOL?), it's the helm and boots.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

stupid thread do not want

You don't *have* to post.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

inefficency month in kurdal's dungeon. I think I deleted all my pictures D:

oh, I found some:

100703201540.png

100701160334.png

note the helm on the right.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Wearing DFS while meleeing on any task that is not called skeletal wyvern or scabarite automatically qualifies you as a "noob who wears the funniest things".

Why?

And I agree with whoever said this is a lot of personal preference...

35b9enp.jpg

Why?

Because a rune defender is better and is easy to get and costs nothing.

Why?

Preference...I like having more defense.

35b9enp.jpg

Why?

Preference...I like having more defense.

That's fine, but in terms of efficiency I imagine a rune defender would be better.

I find people who use Armadyl at Waterfiends or TDS "funny"...

Bigger magic defence doesn't cover for the attack bonus losses.

lol

Except some people prefer a more afk-able training style (arma gets hit less), and they're willing to lose a little bit of killing efficiency for it

Also arma looks better

The problem I have w this thread is that none of the pictures are noobs, its just slayers w good but not the best gear... Not really noobs, maybe theyre just too lazy/don't have the time to get the absolute best

+ Gear choices are generally pretty subjective & depend on what you value (fast kills / afkability / APM)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top