Reminder: Signature/Avatar Hosting - Malware Warnings

We've recently seen an increase in reports of people visiting our forums and getting malware warnings from browsers like Firefox and Google Chrome. These warnings are caused by signatures and images hosted externally on sites which these browsers consider potentially harmful. First of all, we'd like to stress that visiting a page containing images hosted on these sites does not put you at any extra risk.

If you get such a warning, please use the report function so that we can remove the signature or avatar in question. Please note that this will not count as an official warning. We simply remove these signatures and avatars because of the inconvenience they cause to users.

While we have no official rule about what sites can and can't be used to host your images, we strongly suggest using a dedicated image hosting site such as Imageshack or Photobucket. By using sites like these, you can prevent your signature and avatar from triggering malware warnings like the ones we have been getting.

Thanks!

Tip.It Staff

PS:

Or you can upload them here too! http://forum.tip.it/gallery/

:)

Edited by n_odie
Editted In PS: Section

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

I probably should make a photobucket account then. Though I dont think tinypic has ever caused any problems.

Imageshack is loads better for quick uploads. I just save every picture I upload into a folder on my desktop for quick access. Then I categorize the folders, for even easier access should I need to upload again.

I probably should make a photobucket account then. Though I dont think tinypic has ever caused any problems.

Imageshack is loads better for quick uploads. I just save every picture I upload into a folder on my desktop for quick access. Then I categorize the folders, for even easier access should I need to upload again.

Hmm, I stopped using Image shack because it uploaded so slow. I'll test and see if its still as slow as before.

If it is, I'm moving over to photo bucket. :P

Hmm, I stopped using Image shack because it uploaded so slow. I'll test and see if its still as slow as before.

If it is, I'm moving over to photo bucket. :P

It really shouldn't be, it doesn't seem slow at all for me. Images uploaded within 5 seconds.

Ahhh thats why, I always got one of those and was kinda weirded out.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

What about people with a Dynamic Sig or Avvy?

Generally sites that host dynamic signatures are usually fairly reliable. Of course you can always use Tip.it's Dynamic Signatures if your looking for a Runescape stat sig.

n_odie, thanks for the heads-up... I'll watch out for a suspicious mail in my inbox, just in case I got one. :shades:

@Goon: Nice vid... LOL :lol:

~D. V. "Thanks 4 Info." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)