Duke Nukem Forever Coming 2011

Verminox

The ESRB Ratings report is one of the best selling points of the game. You would think they had been paid to make the game sound as bad-a as possible:

Rating: Mature

Content descriptors: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs and Alcohol

Rating summary: This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of Duke Nukem, an action hero who must save Earth from invading aliens. Players use pistols, rail guns, shotguns, explosives, and Duke's bare hands to attack and kill the alien enemies. The majority of gameplay involves destroying these enemies in frenetic gun and laser battles in order to move on to the next section. Aliens are often decapitated or dismembered when hit, sending large splashes of blood across the ground, surrounding walls, and players' screen. Some sequences depict more 'over-the-top' instances of violence: aliens getting stabbed in the head or impaled; a human soldier bursting into bloody gibs after being tossed through propeller blades. In one sequence, players have the ability to shoot human characters that are trapped in pod-like alien webbing; bodies explode into pieces upon impact. During the course of the game, players enter a strip-club level and view several topless dancers and receive lap dances. A couple of missions within this level require players to recover sex toys and pictures of topless women. A few sequences strongly imply sexual acts: two women appear to perform fellatio on the central character (e.g., raising their heads from his lap)—though there is no actual depiction of the sex act; Duke moans and leans up against the wall of a bathroom stall (furnished with a hole)—it is implied that a sex act (not depicted) occurs. The game also contains several sexual references and innuendo in the dialogue (e.g., 'I have hungry—you have big egg ro' for me, Duke,' 'If you supply the dancing, I'll supply the pole,' and 'I'll need something naughty to play with.'). Duke's comments range from jokes about colon cleansing to several one-liners about sex and female body parts. Bathroom humor includes the ability to urinate in toilets or urinals and/or pick up feces from toilets and throw it against walls. Players can use both steroid pills and beer as power-ups; when beer is consumed, the screen temporarily blurs. The words '[bleep],' '[cabbage],' '[rooster],' and 'a*shole' appear in dialogue and on-screen text.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ESRB Ratings report is one of the best selling points of the game. You would think they had been paid to make the game sound as bad-a as possible:

Rating: Mature

Content descriptors: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs and Alcohol

Rating summary: This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of Duke Nukem, an action hero who must save Earth from invading aliens. Players use pistols, rail guns, shotguns, explosives, and Duke's bare hands to attack and kill the alien enemies. The majority of gameplay involves destroying these enemies in frenetic gun and laser battles in order to move on to the next section. Aliens are often decapitated or dismembered when hit, sending large splashes of blood across the ground, surrounding walls, and players' screen. Some sequences depict more 'over-the-top' instances of violence: aliens getting stabbed in the head or impaled; a human soldier bursting into bloody gibs after being tossed through propeller blades. In one sequence, players have the ability to shoot human characters that are trapped in pod-like alien webbing; bodies explode into pieces upon impact. During the course of the game, players enter a strip-club level and view several topless dancers and receive lap dances. A couple of missions within this level require players to recover sex toys and pictures of topless women. A few sequences strongly imply sexual acts: two women appear to perform fellatio on the central character (e.g., raising their heads from his lap)though there is no actual depiction of the sex act; Duke moans and leans up against the wall of a bathroom stall (furnished with a hole)it is implied that a sex act (not depicted) occurs. The game also contains several sexual references and innuendo in the dialogue (e.g., 'I have hungryyou have big egg ro' for me, Duke,' 'If you supply the dancing, I'll supply the pole,' and 'I'll need something naughty to play with.'). Duke's comments range from jokes about colon cleansing to several one-liners about sex and female body parts. Bathroom humor includes the ability to urinate in toilets or urinals and/or pick up feces from toilets and throw it against walls. Players can use both steroid pills and beer as power-ups; when beer is consumed, the screen temporarily blurs. The words '[bleep],' '[cabbage],' '[rooster],' and 'a*shole' appear in dialogue and on-screen text.

I remember reading a Christian Gamer Review of one of the Duke Nukem games a good few years ago, funny as hell. Sadly the site is no longer online, or its changed its domain name and I cant find it.

newsigb.png

99 Attack - Done

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/21/duke-nukem-forever-multiplayer-replaces-flag-with-capturable-slappable-women/

Duke Nukem Forevers Capture the Babe CTF variant requires you to abduct a woman to score. The mode is revealed in the latest issue of Official Xbox Magazine US where they explain that Gearbox will give the option to give her a slap if she freaks out as you drag her across the map.

WTF? Read on for the details and to hear Gearboxs CEOs attitude towards Dukes controversy-bating elements.

Speaking to the magazine' date=' Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford said: Our goal isnt to shock people, but I think theres some stuff thats a bit uncomfortable. I mean, the aliens plan is to capture our women and impregnate them to breed an alien army, so you can imagine some horrible [cabbage'] happens.

OXM reports that Capture the Babe is Pretty much what youd expect to see from a CFT-style mode, with one small touch: the Babe will sometimes freak out while youre carrying her (somewhat understandable wed say) at which point you have to hit a button to gently give her a reassuring slap.

According to Randy, Gearbox are intending to Get right up to that edge and then relax enough so people dont reject it.

Slapping women in order to score? Looks like they've got their fanbase down to a tee.

2v8sgvs.png

Is PCGamer the right wing conservative of the gaming magazines or something? Some of the comments were the sort of thing I'd expect from narrow minded, information less tabloid newspapers.

Finally something Duke is doing is making some controversy, took a while. It doesn't bother me one bit.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Personally i'm waiting for Call of Duty to steal it and wait for all the 6 year olds to shout "SLAP 'EM ON DER ASS NOOB OR WE LOST FLAG LOL"

2v8sgvs.png

I wouldn't be surprised if Gearbox did it on purpose for a joke, originally knowing it wouldn't be out until June. You can't do anything but laugh.

zqXeV.jpg

The feces one is too good. Wonder if those comments are in-game or specially made for the trailer.

zqXeV.jpg

• 2 months later...

It's a game from 14 years ago with today's graphics.

The reviews hate it because it doesn't bring anything new. Which is stupid, because that wasn't the point. However, I don't like the fact that you have a two weapon inventory system. That doesn't flow right with me.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

More like 6 year old graphics. I've only played the demo, but I didn't like it at all. It as a linear, scripted, awful-looking boring shooter with bullet-sponge enemies. Maybe "I don't get it", but I just didn't enjoy playing it. The jokes just don't make up for the horrible gameplay.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

I totally agree. The USP of it is non-existent, its' appeal is only to people who want Duke Nukem nostalgia, which, I guess it does deliver, but not to the extent that justifies even renting this game. The 'jokes' get stale quickly and for each 20 seconds of gameplay you get, have a 30 second loading screen. (On 360, at least)

15 years in the making, 15 minutes of actual fun. Go download Doom for a quarter of the price of XBLA.

I tried the demo, and it's terrible.

It doesn't even feel like Duke. Does Duke cower in a corner and wait till his health restores? I don't think so.

The jokes are also pretty stale and the game got boring five minutes in. There's little enemy variety, the guns aren't very fun, and the levels are too linear.

Go buy Duke 3D from GOG, that's a much better game.