Duke Nukem Forever Coming 2011

Verminox

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People still care about Duke Nukem?

Like they care about Laura Croft, which is to say not much. His time has passed, some would say, but I think he'll find a nice niche in the people nurtured by the sexist, uncouth, despicable environment that the internet has become.

Needless to say, I'm excited for the game, if only for the lulz.

hzvjpwS.gif

idk what you guys are talking about but anyone who has played the original duke nukem 3D knows how epic duke is. i'm beyond excited for this game

The original Duke Nukem 3D wasn't even that good, the only thing he had over other FPS' was the humour surrounding it.

Saying that i expect not much from this, but it's good to see it released, if only to be mocked for eternity.

Updated with some info.

I agree with other people, the game won't be good enough to justify a 14 year development time. But at the end of the day it will more entertaining then another generic war/space FPS with a faceless soldier.

k9999-crazyarm.gif

Updated with some info.

I agree with other people, the game won't be good enough to justify a 14 year development time. But at the end of the day it will more entertaining then another generic war/space FPS with a faceless soldier.

Surely they weren't developing it for fourteen years nonstop. More than likely once they scrapped the project for the PS1 it was entirely redone once they got the 'go' to release it on the 360/PC/PS3.

hzvjpwS.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

New trailer and release date are out!

It’s official. The game everyone’s been writing off as vaporware has a release date. Publisher 2K Games and developer Gearbox Software have announced that Duke Nukem Forever will launch on May 3, 2011 for the PC, Xbox 360, and PS3.

“When I said goodbye to 3D Realms and the original Duke Nukem 3D team in 1997 and soon after founded Gearbox Software, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that a day like this would come,” said Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software. “Today, I am proud, humbled and even astounded to announce that the day is coming at last for all gamers to be a part of video game history: Duke Nukem Forever will launch worldwide this May!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96PdhHZC7j8

Not sure yet if I can embed it due to swearing, but it looks very good (coupled with a great song)

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

New trailer and release date are out!

Its official. The game everyones been writing off as vaporware has a release date. Publisher 2K Games and developer Gearbox Software have announced that Duke Nukem Forever will launch on May 3, 2011 for the PC, Xbox 360, and PS3.

When I said goodbye to 3D Realms and the original Duke Nukem 3D team in 1997 and soon after founded Gearbox Software, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that a day like this would come, said Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software. Today, I am proud, humbled and even astounded to announce that the day is coming at last for all gamers to be a part of video game history: Duke Nukem Forever will launch worldwide this May!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96PdhHZC7j8

Not sure yet if I can embed it due to swearing, but it looks very good (coupled with a great song)

I've embedded videos with swearing before. I think you'd be fine just putting it in hide tags with a warning.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I have to agree with one of the comments on that video. "Hell, I'd still hit it." best line ever :thumbsup:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

• 1 month later...
+) In 'Capture the Babe' when you grab the other teams babe sometimes she'll start to freak out as you take her back to your base, so you have to give her a gentle smack to quiet her down

I [bleep]ing love this is a selling point of the game.