16-Sep-2010 - Undercroft - Free iPhone Game

Krampell

It's always a pleasure to be able to announce something new and exciting for our community, and there isn't much that can top the arrival of a new game...except of course when that game is entirely free!

We are really excited to be able to launch Undercroft, our latest title for iPhone and iPod touch. Undercroft is a classic RPG adventure game that, as players of RuneScape, we believe you will also enjoy. In Undercroft you'll control a party of heroes that you can select and deploy in whatever strategy you choose, using a turn-based combat system to defeat your enemies.

A remarkable 20 hours of gameplay has been packed into Undercroft, encompassing an intricate plot spanning dozens of quests, plus plenty of side quests for those of you who enjoy exploration and experience gathering. There's a wide variety of environments, more than 750 items to find and 60 enemy types!

For more information and a full game guide, visit our new Undercroft website at www.undercroft.com.

Download Undercroft free from the Apple App Store.

Enjoy!

Mod Mac

Undercroft Team

If anyone is interested.

I called it ^_^

http://forum.tip.it/topic/235327-post-and-discuss-all-jagex-twitter-updates-here/page__view__findpost__p__4501224

Why only iPhone though? From what i'm aware of the game it was available on a few other mobile devices before being snapped up by Jagex

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'm downloading it right now and if I have the chance, I might play it a bit later today to see what I think. Was this developed by Jagex or just published by them?

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Jagex bought the tech so now its being developed AND published by Jagex.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Will get it tomorrow! Anything distracting for bus/train rides back and forth to work = :thumbsup:

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

It's... horrible in my opinion. Quite hard to understand graphic system, for example, whenever you turn around and, for instance, if there was a barrel in front of you and you turned around, it'd turn with you...

It's got an okay Combat/Inventory/Story though.

Also, like Nautica said, it's completely shameless advertising, look:

[hide=When starting game]photo2.png[/hide]

[hide=Main Menu]photo.png[/hide]

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

It's... horrible in my opinion. Quite hard to understand graphic system, for example, whenever you turn around and, for instance, if there was a barrel in front of you and you turned around, it'd turn with you...

Okay, I've got to admit, that looks pretty shameless.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Okay, I've got to admit, that looks pretty shameless.

s-clicknclack.jpg

"This part of the show is brought to you by the shameless commerce department here at cartalk Jagex"

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I have to say that the game is great. Once you get the movement down it is very quick. And if you get stuck there is a walkthrough on the official website.

The shameless advertising makes me lol and also the fact the the official website is down due to bandwidth exceeding makes me lol too.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

You guys think money doesn't control big gaming company's? People getting marketing degree's specialize in getting your money so guess what, they release free stuff like this with advertising to bring in more income. I see nothing wrong with it considering it's a free game and you aren't forced to download it.

Low_C.png

That gave me a lawl. Anyway is it me or have i been seeing Jagex ads on other sites aswell, either jagex wants more members or they are desperate for more money. Anyway from most of the posts i won't bother downloading this game i guess.

I spy someone not old enough to remember the old first person RPG system.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Looks interesting. Now everyone's iPhone battery can last for even less time and be used for anything except phoning people. Huzzah!

If you have an iPhone4 you can't use it to call people anyway :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

either jagex wants more members or they are desperate for more money.

I don't get why advertising makes someone desperate for money.

This.

The way people are posting on this forum anyone would think that advertising was some great crime against humanity. So what if Jagex advertise Runescape on a dam iPhone app. This may come as a massive shock to some people, but a business (excluding non-profit organisations, obviously) is supposed to make money. Here comes the big shocker...Jagex is a business! *GASP*. :rolleyes:

Sylpheed.png

Lol I downloaded it on my iPhone and tried it out.... It was pretty horrible. Not my style of game.

Too much shameless advertising for Runescape also... but what is to be expected with Jagex

Am quite enjoying it. I've cleared the opening area and am onto the 2nd section.

Apparently this game used to be an app that you paid £4.99 for. Jagex bought it from the original makers and released it for free with ads.

So yes I guess the ads are expected from Jagex, because they're not completely insane.

What sort of company would spend a whole load of money on something and then not try to recoup there investment in any way?

Am quite enjoying it. I've cleared the opening area and am onto the 2nd section.

Apparently this game used to be an app that you paid £4.99 for. Jagex bought it from the original makers and released it for free with ads.

So yes I guess the ads are expected from Jagex, because they're not completely insane.

What sort of company would spend a whole load of money on something and then not try to recoup there investment in any way?

Since Jagex now owns the IP, it's believed that they have plans to create a sequel/expansion that will cost a couple dollars. I would pay for it, this game kicks ass.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png