New TETAU Times and Recruitment Drive

tipiteventteambanner1uw.jpg

New TETAU Times and Recruitment Drive

Hear ye, hear ye! The Tip.it Events Team has an announcement to make!

Following feedback from Event Goers and Jagex themselves we have decided to change the current times of AU Events to make them more convenient and accessible for AU Event Goers. We appreciate these times aren't ideal for everyone but hopefully this will attract more people from that area of the world to our events! The new times which will come into effect on October 1st are as follows:

Australia and Pacific Times

9:00pm NSW, VIC, TAS, ACT

8:00pm QLD

8:30pm SA

7:30pm NT

6:00pm WA

11:00pm NZ

6:00pm Singapore

Other Time Zones:

UK (GMT): 10:00am

Western Europe (CET): 11:00am

California (PST): 2:00am

Colorado (MST): 3:00am

Texas (CST): 4:00am

New York (EST): 5:00am

Now with the announcement of new times comes the need for new TETAU Members so we are delighted to announce that we will be holding a Recruitment Drive for TETAU! We are looking for some creative, fun loving folks to help us out with event planning and hosting. If you recognize yourself in that description, perhaps you've got what it takes to join the team! This is a unique chance for you to join our ranks, and help bring the fun to the rest of Tip.it. Can you handle the fun?

Have you ever gone to a TETAU or TET event, and had a good time? Have you ever enjoyed the company of a bunch of your fellow tifers while hunting the KBD, or killing General Graardor? Such times are fun, are they not? Hanging out with friends is always fun, but events are a serious matter. Though they seem easy enough to make, that's not always the case. Planning events takes a lot of effort, and while the team enjoys it, we could always use some help. That's where you folks come in! Are you interested? Then I urge you to read on!

Working as a part of TET is a pretty fun and enjoyable experience, however there is work involved too! To find out just what is expect of you check the job description in the Community Spotlight or the TET public guide. We expect you to:

•  
    - work with team mates to create new events

- be able to construct a story, and put your ideas into words

- be adaptive, and ready to face any situation during events

- be willing to give a couple of hours of your time every week to help out with work

- have a team spirit

If you're still interested in joining, then we're interested in what you have to say! These are the requirements to join the team:

•  
    - you must have a Tip.it forum account, preferably one that's been registered for a while

- you have to be a fairly active Runescape player

- you have to fill out the application form and submit an event in it

- you must be able to access either Skype and/or IRC

- you must remain an active member of the team after being accepted

- you must be able to attend/host events at the above times

We would also like to suggest that people who are thinking about applying or have applied should use our IRC channel (#tetpub - for information on how to join, check out section E in the TET Public Guide) or our Clan Chat (TET Chat) so you can get to know TET Members and your fellow applicants as well as have a place you can go if you have any questions!

So, how exactly do you apply? Well, it's simple really. You have to fill out the following application form and PM it to Staff_applications with the subject "TETAU Application:<username here>". Please take your time when filling out the form. We will be basing our decision almost entirely on the application that you fill out, so make sure you do it correctly. All applications will be reviewed with the same standard, no matter when they are sent in, so there's no need to rush. Correct grammar and spelling also help. Try to make a very detailed event. If you need an example, check out old TET events in the TET forum. The better and more detailed the event, the better the chance we'll notice your creativity and choose you.

Runescape Name:

Tip.It Forum Name:

Link to your Tip.it forum account:

P2P/F2P:

Runescape Experience:

How many hours a week do you play Runescape:

Time Zone:

Age Group: (For statistical purposes)

13-15 16-18 19-25 25+

What operating system are you running? (include version)

Do you have an up-to-date firewall? If so, what kind?

Do you have an up-to-date anti-virus program? If so, what kind?

Do you make regular spyware scans? If so, what kind and is it updated?

Is your computer a personal computer or shared?

Event Experience: (Events attended, Tipiters Events hosted/created, any ideas posted in the Event Idea thread.)

What I can bring to TETAU: (Your attributes, why you believe you would be an asset to the TET Team)

A little about myself: (A basic description of yourself)

An event idea: (Create an event idea. The more original and well planned the better. Formatting, content and layout in the TET style is encouraged)

[b]Runescape Name:[/b]

[b]Tip.It Forum Name:[/b]

[b]Link to your Tip.it forum account:[/b]

[b]P2P/F2P: [/b]

[b]Runescape Experience: [/b]

[b]How many hours a week do you play Runescape:[/b] 

[b]Location: [/b]

[b]Time Zone: [/b]

[b]Age Group:[/b] (For statistical purposes)

13-15 16-18 19-25 25+ 

[b]What operating system are you running? (include version)[/b]

[b]Do you have an up-to-date firewall? If so, what kind?[/b]

[b]Do you have an up-to-date anti-virus program? If so, what kind?[/b]

[b]Do you make regular spyware scans? If so, what kind and is it updated?[/b]

[b]Is your computer a personal computer or shared?[/b]

[b][u]Event Experience:[/u][/b] (Events attended, Tipiters Events hosted/created, any ideas posted in the Event Idea thread.)

[b][u]What I can bring to TETAU:[/u][/b] (Your attributes, why you believe you would be an asset to the TET Team)

[b][u]A little about myself:[/u][/b] (A basic description of yourself)

[b][u]An event idea:[/u][/b] (Create an event idea. The more original and well planned the better.  Formatting, content and layout in the TET style is encouraged)

That's it! We will be receiving applications for the next two or three weeks, depending on the number of applications. You will be warned ahead of time. We don't have a set number of members we'll accept, so we'll try to accept the best applications. Good luck, and give it your best!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

11am events sounds a lot better then the previous 6am or whatever they were at. I tend to stay up late though, so wouldn't be awake at 11 even. :P

Best of luck to those that apply though. |^_^|

*EPIC thumbdown*. Events starting at 1am previously was already late, but i managed to attend a few and have some fun, even though I ended up being really tired at 2-4am. I knew, from some TET member(s) which I won't name, that TET/TetAu was planning to change the TETau times. I had my hopes up. Now 5am is far worse than 1am. Seriously dissapointed and sad :cry: . No TETau events anymore :( :(.

Bah, I've had a long discussion with Omni, I hope he'll bring my rent to the TET team and give them my arguments, resume what i've said. If not well dont consider other's opinions and keep doing what you like to do. ( :thumbdown: )

Heh <.<

(sorry if this post hurt anyone, im just mad and i've expressed my feelings.) icon7.gif

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

Huh, it looks like the times are back to normal. I kinda enjoyed TETAU events in the afternoon for me. It allowed me to finish my day's work, then allowed me to have some fun with TETAU. But, hopefully I can adapt back to these times :thumbup:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Huh, it looks like the times are back to normal. I kinda enjoyed TETAU events in the afternoon for me. It allowed me to finish my day's work, then allowed me to have some fun with TETAU. But, hopefully I can adapt back to these times :thumbup:

Normal? These are 12 hours after then they were before the current times.

Normal? These are 12 hours after then they were before the current times.

Oh woops. Just looked at the times again :wall: Its not in the morning or afternoon for me then. Its in the evening...

One word: AWESOME. But it could also mean I might have to sleep early if I have service at my temple the next morning :|

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

I wish I could say that I'm happy about the new times but my sentiments are pretty much the same as Gradeskip's. I highly doubt I'll be staying up till 2AM to go to the events which may last 1-2 hours. (Also correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that when different times were tested, didn't these times received a very low turnout?) That being said I hope the times are more convenient for Australians, as that is what these events should be targeted for. However I do feel that Europe is getting the best times for both of the TET events now.

Anyways best of luck with the new times and good luck to all the new TETAU applicants! :thumbup:

I wish I could say that I'm happy about the new times but my sentiments are pretty much the same as Gradeskip's. I highly doubt I'll be staying up till 2AM to go to the events which may last 1-2 hours. (Also correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that when different times were tested, didn't these times received a very low turnout?) That being said I hope the times are more convenient for Australians, as that is what these events should be targeted for. However I do feel that Europe is getting the best times for both of the TET events now.

Anyways best of luck with the new times and good luck to all the new TETAU applicants! :thumbup:

Your right in saying these times recieved the lower turn outs, but we didn't have really the best test group :P Seeing as 90% of the event goers at that time were not infact Australian or from this time zone :P

We're hoping this will open up for more australians, even if at first australians don't come, we will keep fighting :)

What do you mean by "Runescape experience" exactly? :mellow:

Basically you need to know your way around the game and not be a level 3 that started playing 20 minutes ago :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

What do you mean by "Runescape experience" exactly? :mellow:

Basically you need to know your way around the game and not be a level 3 that started playing 20 minutes ago :P

ohh okay, well im quite experienced then :P

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

The new upcoming times:

West Coast: 2am

Eastern: 5am

Europe: 10-12 am

Australia: 5-7pm

Europeans and Australians can attend.

How about you move it 2-3 hours later?

Make it

West Coast: 4-5am. They cant attend anyway.

Eastern: 7-8am. I'll (and many more aswell) gladly wake up at 7 to go >:]

Europe: 12-15pm. Eat lunch a lil early - Some people such as Den who wouldnt wake up at 10 can now make the events =D.

Australians: 7-9pm. It wont be during dinnertime anymore.

I hope Omni had brought this to TET already, just felt like posting here.

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

I'm not sure where you got your times from, but your suggested times put the events at the earliest of 11pm for most of the Australian timezones and 1am for people in New Zealand :P The times won't be changing again as Aussies and the like have said these are the most convenient times for them.

You can still attend TET events though. :)

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Good luck to those who apply :thumbup:

tumblr_l2v3sxu5Qp1qzh5gno1_500.jpg

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome