Discontinued Items.

Undo

When did I say I wanted a party hat?

^

I might stop now. Really.

I said "if".

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The solution to party hats is so simple it hurts, How bout Jagex just Re releases party hats every year for Christmas, and leaves them trad-able, thats probably the easiest, the prices would drop to almost nothing within a day of the initial release...

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

The solution to party hats is so simple it hurts, How bout Jagex just Re releases party hats every year for Christmas, and leaves them trad-able, thats probably the easiest, the prices would drop to almost nothing within a day of the initial release...

That would only make nerds across the globe rage and rant in Falador.

Way to make every Partyhat owner a nerd! Bravo!

That's quite offensive, imo.

Doing that wouldn't fix the problem it would cause new problems to arise. For example if Jagex, just removed Wildy and didn't give us PvP or FoG or BH or Clan Wars... it wouldn't be such a smart idea by Jagex.

Take a toy from a baby and it will cry so you better give it back or give it a different toy. Sorry to the people that lost Wildy, that's the best metafor I can come up with atm.

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody has really discussed why Jagex keeps putting off doing something about the Discontinued Items market.

The cons are far worse than any pros to be found.

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

Nobody has really discussed why Jagex keeps putting off doing something about the Discontinued Items market.

The cons are far worse than any pros to be found.

Such as?

Hell, even people RWT trading rares doesn't negatively harm jagex, since most sellers won't accept Credit card purchases.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Doing that wouldn't fix the problem it would cause new problems to arise. For example if Jagex, just removed Wildy and didn't give us PvP or FoG or BH or Clan Wars... it wouldn't be such a smart idea by Jagex.

Take a toy from a baby and it will cry so you better give it back or give it a different toy. Sorry to the people that lost Wildy, that's the best metafor I can come up with atm.

If you're willing to rage and rant over something so trivial, then yeah you pretty much are a nerd.

287b5w.jpg

If you're willing to rage and rant over something so trivial, then yeah you pretty much are a nerd.

Lets see. Right now, I would need at least 150 hours just to make the CASH for the GE price of a party hat, if I didn't sell bank or count current cash pile. I'd need at least double that to get the items to trade up for a purple. Then I'd need to trade for the phat. So lets see, 300+ hours.

Maybe we could just give everyone maxed combat and skills! People who trained hard would just whine, but its so trival who cares, they are pretty much just nerds.

Pick the Target, Freeze It, Personalize It and Polarize It. You pick rich "nerds", make it personal (again nerds), and then make it appear that owning a party hat makes you a nerd, even if protesting against losing all that work makes perfect sense.

And the wildy actually could have been fixed far better. There are at least 5 different, better ways to fix it then the way Jagex did it.

But ignore me. I'm just a nerd.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Lets see. Right now, I would need at least 150 hours just to make the CASH for the GE price of a party hat, if I didn't sell bank or count current cash pile. I'd need at least double that to get the items to trade up for a purple. Then I'd need to trade for the phat. So lets see, 300+ hours.

Maybe we could just give everyone maxed combat and skills! People who trained hard would just whine, but its so trival who cares, they are pretty much just nerds.

Pick the Target, Freeze It, Personalize It and Polarize It. You pick rich "nerds", make it personal (again nerds), and then make it appear that owning a party hat makes you a nerd, even if protesting against losing all that work makes perfect sense.

And the wildy actually could have been fixed far better. There are at least 5 different, better ways to fix it then the way Jagex did it.

But ignore me. I'm just a nerd.

Whatever nerd

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Jagex can't let them update more frequently because they only get sold maybe once every 4 or 5 days. I was able to upgrade my phat low-half set to a high-half set by trading rising items and tokens (like the old mintcakes) up to rares like eggs and then exchanging for phats. Tricky, but it works.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

Jagex can't let them update more frequently because they only get sold maybe once every 4 or 5 days. I was able to upgrade my phat low-half set to a high-half set by trading rising items and tokens (like the old mintcakes) up to rares like eggs and then exchanging for phats. Tricky, but it works.

They can't currently, which is why the GE is so royally [bleep]ed up.

Stonewall337.png

Instead of complaining about how the GE is broken, how about proposing a solution that might actually work? If the GE updated according to Supply and Demand, acting swiftly on it, the GE might actually function 'properly'.

I know what you're all thinking, it'll make Price Manipulation so much easier. This isn't all true. What most people don't understand is how a manipulation clan actually works. It relies on confidence of the item to actually rise, and not crash instantly on the buyers of the item. Even if manipulation is a problem, prices will return to what they should be very quickly, thanks to the price mechanism/Invisible Hand.

This idea isn't 100% perfect, which is why I still need to change it. Feel free to disprove/correct me.

Instead of complaining about how the GE is broken, how about proposing a solution that might actually work? If the GE updated according to Supply and Demand, acting swiftly on it, the GE might actually function 'properly'.

I know what you're all thinking, it'll make Price Manipulation so much easier. This isn't all true. What most people don't understand is how a manipulation clan actually works. It relies on confidence of the item to actually rise, and not crash instantly on the buyers of the item. Even if manipulation is a problem, prices will return to what they should be very quickly, thanks to the price mechanism/Invisible Hand.

This idea isn't 100% perfect, which is why I still need to change it. Feel free to disprove/correct me.

No i dont think a single person on this forum would disagree with what you just said

Tastes like a hint of sarcasm. I'll wait for a response to that. Interesting to hear other people's views.

No i dont think a single person on this forum would disagree with what you just said

Tastes like a hint of sarcasm. I'll wait for a response to that. Interesting to hear other people's views.

Lol, just realized. OP actually proposed the same 'solution', except only for Partyhats. One of the rare threads where I actually agreed with someone I tend to disagree with.

I think it's stupid how an item MUST be traded through the Ge for it drop/rise.

The christmas cracker hasn't changed in price in months...and it should be going up...bust since no one has actually sold it for max...it doesn't.....it's so stupid.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I think it's stupid how an item MUST be traded through the Ge for it drop/rise.

The christmas cracker hasn't changed in price in months...and it should be going up...bust since no one has actually sold it for max...it doesn't.....it's so stupid.

That's the whole point of my previous post. If the GE updated more (for a particular item) due to excessive demand and low supply, then it would be more frequently traded, hence not stuck in the loop that we're in right now.

Make ge update every half hour.

1 month merches will now take less than a day, hardly enough time to buy enough of the material to profit a lot considering ge limits.

End of flipping.

Good idea?

ge can update without the item being traded

partyhats sometimes do this; half wines do it, as can pumpkins (don't happen as much anymore) and disks (same with pumpkins).

Then why don't they? Is there any good reason why it takes half a year+ for certain items to update?

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

1 month merches will now take less than a day, hardly enough time to buy enough of the material to profit a lot considering ge limits.

End of flipping.

Good idea?

No, means my crashing junk crashes faster

GTFO :(

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

End of flipping.

Good idea?

No, means my crashing junk crashes faster

GTFO :(

No, it means it gets to the floor faster, then starts raising again sooner.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

i think it may just be that jagex has a "force update" mechanism for discontinued items, perhaps based on existing offers.

my suspicion is that crackers actually have few offers sitting in them (being that they are what 800m?). wines and edibles on the other hand, being much cheaper, are more affordable to leave an offer in and therefore force update more often.

i don't think this "force update" mechanism applies to spirit shields. the reason i think they take forever to update is that the game only counts completed shields traded and not coinshared sigils. if 100 sigils have been coinshared, probably only a couple shields have sold.

*just* speculation of course