Could they have picked a worse world for Dung??

Butt_Snakes

Seriously, it seizes up and lags every few seconds. I'm not the only one I know, since in any party I get into everyone usually stops for a second and says, "Lagg." Does it not lag for ANYONE?! Trying to Dungeoneer on W77 is a no go, as nobody does it on that world (and if they do, they're really high level).

Butt_Snakes.png

From the time I reach 99 Defense and HP to the end of August I'm going to try and get a bunch of 99s.

any world with 2k players in it has this issue

so, regardless of which world they picked, it would have this problem because jagex's servers are not able to handle this much data.

It was happening at 2 in the morning with around 1.2k players on the world. :/

Butt_Snakes.png

From the time I reach 99 Defense and HP to the end of August I'm going to try and get a bunch of 99s.

It has nothing to due to the world itself, but with the amount of players, along with the sizable amount of medium/large floors created simultaniously. The could have chosen world 69 for god's sake, and the lag would still be the same.

Yeah, super huge amounts of instanced content. So not like falador where everyone walks around in the same area, but more like everyone having their own individual falador. multiply this by however many teams you have dungeoneering at the same time, and you could be doubling the world size in floor space if you count all the dungeons.

pere_grin.png

The true culprits are the people who flocked to 117 in the early week of the skill because the higher levels (in Dannni's cc) congregated there. W117 grew to a dungeoneering world, Jagex didn't choose it, and the only reason people are there is because a couple of high level friends used to use it.

2496 Completionist

Thank goodness you aren't f2p when w1 was the unofficial dungeoneering world...

Boy, was that the lag fest. Not only do you got so many people dungeoneering, you got Lumby chatters and GE spammers too. And the Fist of Guthix crowds.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Actually 117 lags a little less now than it used too, and i m happy that i have a ping of 24 there.

I may be wrong but would it not lag less if they closed all but Daemonheim in Dung Worlds ?

24 ping? damn lucky you, my ping is 139... :angry:

Staurolite.png

They should've made 116 or 118 Dungeoneering-themed too. That way, it would level out some of the mass hoards of people looking to enter a dungeon and then leave 15 minutes in because someone rage-quit.

So glad I got 85 and quit Dungeoneering. I don't think I'll ever deal with that again unless they make a chaotic that is really worth having other than my Rapier. :shades:

They should've made 116 or 118 Dungeoneering-themed too. That way, it would level out some of the mass hoards of people looking to enter a dungeon and then leave 15 minutes in because someone rage-quit.

So glad I got 85 and quit Dungeoneering. I don't think I'll ever deal with that again unless they make a chaotic that is really worth having other than my Rapier. :shades:

But then with multiple worlds, you would have less chance of finding someone with the same floor as you. That means, you might level out some of the people that are actually decent at dunge.

Like someone said, they should make the dungeoneering worlds Daemonheim-only to reduce some lag.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Actually 117 lags a little less now than it used too, and i m happy that i have a ping of 24 there.

I may be wrong but would it not lag less if they closed all but Daemonheim in Dung Worlds ?

24 ping? damn lucky you, my ping is 139... :angry:

24 ping? Wth? I get 83 on the lowest ping world if i'm lucky....

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

I believe it depends on how many other people are dungeoneering, and how many "dungeons" are loaded. The more there are, the longer it takes to load rooms. So naturally, if a world is the "official dungeoneering world" it's going to lag a lot while actually dungeoneering.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

While it's true that a large part of the lag can be attributed to the simple fact that so many people are Dungeoneering in that world, it doesn't change the fact that it's a crappy, Swedish server (no offense to the Swedes).

But again as mentioned above, it can't be helped. Jagex didn't choose the world, just like they didn't designate w1 or w2 for trade worlds.