Baldur's Gate 2

Nero

Sessions are no longer running

[hide]Info about sessions:

The weekly BG2 session takes place every Friday starting at 4 PM EST.

Currently there have been four people that are playing (myself, a_bert, ross_the_knight, and rpg_gamer1).

*****How to set up your game for multiplayer:

-Install BG2: Shadows of Amn

-Install BG2: Throne of Bhaal

-Patch BG2: SoA/ToB w/ patch 26498 - http://www.bioware.com/games/throne_bhaal/support/patches/

-Forward your ports so that you can connect - http://www.wikihow.com/Play-Baldur%27s-Gate-2-Multiplayer-over-the-Internet

-Set it to run in windowed mode (under the configure tab when you click to run the exe)

We're also running mumble in the background for talking and what-have-you:

mumble =

port = 9862

pw = ub

------------------

Old OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB7T6Kd9cYg&feature=related

Right, I stumbled across the above main theme to the Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal expansion and was remembering playing it a few years ago, and recalled that it has a multiplayer feature. I'm still unsure how exactly the multiplayer works and am currently downloading BG2 again, so I'll check that when it's done, but I'd just like to get an idea of who would be up for a multiplayer game of Baldur's Gate 2?

So! Fill out the poll above please :)

Also if you do want to play, post what class you'd like to play as. These are the classes for reference:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/classes.php (Right hand side of the page)

I'll be playing as a Kensai-Thief dual class (aka Warrior) or a Paladin (warrior, again), and every party pretty much needs 2 warriors, 1 cleric, 1 mage, and somebody with thief skills (so fighter/thief dual class, or bard or something. Pure thief classes generally suck). But I'm sure we can sort everything out.[/hide]

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of game is it though? Do you run around and fire spells and attacks with a recharge time, or is it turn-based?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

What kind of game is it though? Do you run around and fire spells and attacks with a recharge time, or is it turn-based?

BioWare/Black Isle RPG based on D&D 3rd Edition(?) rules. Basically the kind of game that's sitting pretty at a score of 95/100 on metacritic and is probably the best RPG ever made. Srsly where have you been?

I've never played it, although the only things I have ever heard said about it are praise, and I really should get around to it.

Is the multiplayer all PvP, or is it co-op type thingy? I'm fine with either, but I like co-op a little better.

2Xeo5.png

*sigh*

Okay, where can I BUY this? I like morality. And Bioware.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Gots a mike, but i have no friggen way to buy it.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Dude, i usually play games like this. Life has jsut been saying no social life to me, and sometimes i get bored as [bleep]. But i took a look, and this seems to interest me more than usual.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Well, am i truley that bad? If so, then i won't try it.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Earth this is pretty much like ross's D&d in that you really have to show up when it's on. I could in theory do a barbarian or some sort of caster (How powerful are clerics in game [is there metamagic?])

LNYvk.png

Well then thats going to limit how much i can play.. Guess i won't then. Sorry.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I'll probaly be the mage (probaly a sorcerer), since it seems to be the class that just hides behind the meleers and fires. (Since I can't use a mike)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

... Bah, i'm undecided. Do you guys want me to play, or no?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Skald is pretty lackluster tbh.

Earth, you've already said that the requirement of you actually having to show up to play would limit your ability to play, so I'd say that personally I wouldn't want you to be taking the position of somebody who would actually show up.

If it's a weekend thing then i can usually play. Any other time and there goes the flipping universe.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]