DevBlog - The Big Homepage Update

Sylpheed

The website design looks good. The character on it don't. I hate those 3. They are what i call "asholes". I rather see artwork of quest npcs than crap as holes who will give your avatar lectures about how your in experienced when your levels in all skills are above 85+.

Or example:

Maxed player doing quest...

Character A,B or C from Website artwork will then say "Your to in-experienced! Here is a real sword/crafting" crap. I hope that when these three a holes are put in the game, that we will have a option to say no to their help. (The mage, ranger and warrior)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mage looks like a 'I win, you don't, follow me character'.

The Knight looks like a stereotypical stupid knight who's just trying to be a good guy.

The Ranger looks badass, though.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

the first one is amazing, but my favorite would probably be the one after that. (not the second picture)

It was a black background with a bunch of rectangles for links.

E:

love2j.png

taken from the RS2 factsheet.

Dates suggest I was around for that, but I'm not sure if I'm forcing my memories of it.

I remember that site layout. :P

In all honesty, it was great and all but I would prefer the new one to the old ones. They look too dated imo.

Also, I wish they would add characters that ARE in the game. Add a quest with the 'legends' or whatever they call those signature heroes. You see them everywhere before starting the game, when you log in you will probably expect them to be somewhere if your a new player.

Wow I very vaguely remember the first one and I remember the second two quite well... Feels like so long ago!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

It looks pretty genaric. But at least the tool bar wont be at the very top of the screen anymore. That just annoyed me.

I remember all those old web pages. probably my favorite was the 2nd page. The one that trey posted. That took like 4 clicks or something to get from the home page to the game if i recall correctly. (play now -> detail select -> members/free -> world select [world 20 ftw!] -> game). That was the layout that spanned my formative days of rs. /nostalgia

I wish they would actually put those characters in the game.

pere_grin.png

like stringcheze said. Bring back the skeleton and warrior.

They could totally redraw them and add that touch of nostalgia that people would love. I can only speak for myself, but I think seeing those two again would make me smile or feel good when I log in.

It's just a homepage though and I don't expect jagex to change their plans after they've made them.

4e0Vn.png

the first one is amazing, but my favorite would probably be the one after that. (not the second picture)

It was a black background with a bunch of rectangles for links.

E:

love2j.png

taken from the RS2 factsheet.

Hey, I remember that layout. I'm pretty sure that was the one they used when I joined. Going through about 5 pages to actually get to the game each time was a pain though, I'm glad the 'Play Game' button nowadays does exactly what it says on the tin.

*represses nostalgic sigh*

*nosebleed*

~ W ~

sigzi.png

The only reason I go to the official site is for weekly penguin locations.

As long as this site doesn't get in the way of me doing that, I have no problem with it. But I can't say it will compel me to spend more time on the site.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours