DevBlog - The Big Homepage Update

Sylpheed

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want them to stop calling it a "Free MMORPG" because it isn't, and it gives it the cheesy free-game reputation.

80%ish of players are f2p? Makes it more sensible to say that its f2p.... Also- its nice to get new players every now and again :D

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Looks like the new official jagex web page design just hit runescape. Oh and saying Mod Morley keeps on making me think of Bob Marley.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Oh great, another website update.

I've been playing since 2001 and have been through many website updates. Every single one (excluding non aesthetic stuff like adding forums and the GE database) has annoyed me and made me miss the old one. They just seem to have a knack for making it more cluttered and gimmicky every damn time.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I've been playing since 2001 and have been through many website updates. Every single one (excluding non aesthetic stuff like adding forums and the GE database) has annoyed me and made me miss the old one. They just seem to have a knack for making it more cluttered and gimmicky every damn time.

Umm, the old websites looked really, really bad. Time to look at some screenshots without your nostalgia-tinted glasses.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Not needed. I don't see why jagex keeps making the homepage more generic looking. It doesn't look bad, just lacks the RS touch.

I also think its funny that they kept the lady as the focus. The website features cover most of her body, but not her breasts. Probably a smart move on Jagex's part.

kids luv boobies

4e0Vn.png

Umm, the old websites looked really, really bad. Time to look at some screenshots without your nostalgia-tinted glasses.

Why you hatin' on nostalgia? It's awesome.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I dunno, nostalgia's just not what it used to be these days.

Because i've been playing since '03 yet I can realize when something is [cabbage]. The old websites were plain ugly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Not needed. I don't see why jagex keeps making the homepage more generic looking. It doesn't look bad, just lacks the RS touch.

I also think its funny that they kept the lady as the focus. The website features cover most of her body, but not her breasts. Probably a smart move on Jagex's part.

kids luv boobies

Well, at least they didn't make an amazonian woman with watermelons.... too many females from video games are quite obviously designed by someone who hasn't been near a female in years, outside relatives >.>

I dunno, nostalgia's just not what it used to be these days.

Ahahahahahaha!

Overall, I'm pretty neutral towards the update. I care more about the game then the website - so they'd have to go pretty far outta their way to make a website I didn't like. Frankly, unless someone provides screenshots of the old website designs, I won't even remember what they look like :x

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

the first one is amazing, but my favorite would probably be the one after that. (not the second picture)

It was a black background with a bunch of rectangles for links.

E:

love2j.png

taken from the RS2 factsheet.

4e0Vn.png

It's an improvement from "Dungeons of Daemonheim" though. About damn time they got rid of their implied "expansion pack".

Still, never really did like those scrollers. They switch all the time, and makes it too... gimmicky. It's not like people will bother with those though (they just skip to the game).

Aside from that, it's not half bad, except it looks a little too generic, like all those horrible China-esque RPG websites, in an attempt to draw more players, they make the site look high tech and crap.

So in short: It's overdone, but tolerable.

(I always did love the 3rd picture, that was when I started playing, around late 2005. It was simple, just the way I liked it)

the first one is amazing, but my favorite would probably be the one after that. (not the second picture)

It was a black background with a bunch of rectangles for links.

E:

love2j.png

taken from the RS2 factsheet.

Dates suggest I was around for that, but I'm not sure if I'm forcing my memories of it.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod