• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 99 mage alching hoods

funi

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Don't worry too much about it. Almost all people get their hood at different times.

It sounds like we're talking about puberty :ugeek:

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

They need to make shadow silk hood drops far more common. Make night spiders appear on EVERY floor theme, and have them appear in a dungeon floor at least once.

Again as I said, it's not an issue of drops, it's an issue of the monsters being too rare. That's why so many people lack the hood.

no no no.

Why?

Geez dumb idea. Maybe dragon claws should be more common, or full promethium from every forgotten warrior. Or 5000 bloody salves from every monster. Why don't we just give everyone 99 DG!!!

Deal with it. Your luck sucks, so does mine. Just suck it up and continue. Life isn't far, so don't ask me to pass the donuts.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

no no no.

Why?

Geez dumb idea. Maybe dragon claws should be more common, or full promethium from every forgotten warrior. Or 5000 bloody salves from every monster. Why don't we just give everyone 99 DG!!!

Deal with it. Your luck sucks, so does mine. Just suck it up and continue. Life isn't far, so don't ask me to pass the donuts.

Did you just read my first line and disregard the rest of my post? <_< I admit, my wording was bad.

Let me reinstate this: keep the drop rate of all slayer items the same, but make the slayer monsters themselves more common.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

That would still increase the rate of items coming into the game.

There is nothing wrong with the hood drop rate at the moment anyways, it's supposed to be a hard to obtain item.

That would increase it yes, but people would still have dry streaks with dg slayer monsters anyway. It's better than not even having a go at one.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

There is nothing wrong with the hood drop rate at the moment anyways, it's supposed to be a hard to obtain item.

There's a difference between a hard to obtain item, and a very useful item that the only way of acquiring it is based purely upon luck which has no easier to get alternative. (Example, you want to bind a primal body, you need the right boss and luck to get one as a drop, but hey, you can get a prom body till then. Nothing like that with the hood, not that I could imagine an easier to get, worse alternative that is still useful.)

Also, can we throw surgeboxes in this topic? I have a hood but I really want a box now >.<

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Surgeboxes? I see at least one of those per large dungeon, especially on occults. I got mine while soloing from a level 114 mage. I think the 90s can drop them too. I think the droprate of surgebox is about the same as the hood, except forgotten mages are really common while spiders you're lucky to see even 1 in a large dungeon.

I got my hood 2 days ago during a large dungeon. Was the only hoodless on the team but they didn't complain - actually in w148 there's almost always at least one team member that is hoodless. It dosen't slow you down that much really - only when you have to clear lever or mime room for the hoodless when it would otherwise be hood safe. And levers you can just rush anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I totally agree with your rant, happened to me too. It seems that you are more likely to get one if you aren't trying to get one! :(

I must say, this is true. I'm 132 combat, 67 dung atm, and I killed my second spider and got one. I really didn't want the hood, seeing as how I was happy with what I had. But I was soloing, and came upon this hood, used it for a bit, decided I didn't want it, and kept what I had. People spend hours trying to get one, and I got one with my second kill. I fell bad for those who didn't get one. :x

vNewDisease.png vNewDisease.png

~I am a true Hero.~

There's a difference between a hard to obtain item, and a very useful item that the only way of acquiring it is based purely upon luck which has no easier to get alternative. (Example, you want to bind a primal body, you need the right boss and luck to get one as a drop, but hey, you can get a prom body till then. Nothing like that with the hood, not that I could imagine an easier to get, worse alternative that is still useful.)

Also, can we throw surgeboxes in this topic? I have a hood but I really want a box now >.<

That's the whole point of a Shadow Silk hood, effect-wise it has no alternatives as it has terrible stats (having other items that had the same effect would devalue the hiood's usefulness). As a result, people resort to alternatives which have much better stats, but lack its unique effect (for example, a prom plate).

10xy5fk.png

• 2 weeks later...

Keep trying. :thumbup:

Its one thing to post a rant, its another to have random stars in place of curse words and make little to no sense. Also I have a shadow silk hood and I'm lvl 70 dungeon. Normally I'd say keep at it, dung with friends, do medium or large c6 floors and eventually you'll see one, but since the original post was so poorly made I'm gonna say this. My shadow silk hood is cooler than yours and you'll never get one.

Excuse me? Who are you to judge how my rant should be build up? Go [bleep] yourself.

101109205238.png

Thanks though :)

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Guest Melvinkooi

Hoods are rare for me also, i hunted a few days, no hood. So i go to a 5:5 team and a team mate found a night-spider, the spider drops the hood and i got the drop.

I got it on lvl 82.

hm...I was dunging with team, after a 5:5 large all of them left, I didn't realize and opened 1st door, weut shadow spider :ohnoes: , killed it :thumbsup: weut shadow hood.. lol

Gl, you'll get one eventaully

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

hm...I was dunging with team, after a 5:5 large all of them left, I didn't realize and opened 1st door, weut shadow spider :ohnoes: , killed it :thumbsup: weut shadow hood.. lol

Gl, you'll get one eventaully

He already has it :wall:

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

hey mate havent talked to u in a while on runescape, hope everythings alright with u n ur wife

gl getting hood mate i understand ur rant even though it didnt take me long!!

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8