Shadow Silk Hood

gremmy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a RARE drop, I've gained over 15M Dungeoneering XP and seen 14 Edimmu without one dropping a Blood necklace, and yet I'm not posting a topic about it.

Did you see what the forum is called? C'mon.. Tif gotta be more intelligent then that. Anyway, why would you want a blood necklace, it sucks, and has no correlation with what else was spoken about.

The point isn't whether Blood necklaces suck or not, the point is drops from Slayer monsters in Daemonheim are SUPPOSED to be rare. It's like complaining about not getting a whip when killing abyssal demons, they're called rare drops for a reason.

10xy5fk.png

The point isn't whether Blood necklaces suck or not, the point is drops from Slayer monsters in Daemonheim are SUPPOSED to be rare. It's like complaining about not getting a whip when killing abyssal demons, they're called rare drops for a reason.

I think it's more of an issue of slayer monsters being TOO rare (although night spiders are more common).

I can understand the drops being rare, but not the monsters themselves.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

No, imo, it makes perfect sense to. If you have a team of hooded players, you won't need to clear many rooms. For example, if an altar room has no mages/non-humanoids, you don't have to touch that room. Whereas if there was even a single non-hooded player, the team would probably end up clearing the room. Same goes for many puzzle rooms. It quicker and easier if the team only has to kill a spider or giant than clear the room.

While it may be frustrating, it's a perfectly fair and rational decision to me. While I wouldn't kick someone from my team, you'd bet I'd take the hooded player over the nonhooded one. It just makes life so much easier.

Clearing altars is unnecessary now with the quick recharge update.

Of course I would take a hooded player over a nonhooded, I wasn't arguing that. But if I'm teaming with strangers and one of them ends up not having a hood, I'm not going to leave or kick as long as he is a decent player.

Personally, though, I'd still rather clean up a room that's frequently visited.

My point was, though, that there's some logical basis for doing so.

Zaaps has a good point though. When there are rooms filled with high leveled skeletons, humaniods, etc, it can be very annoying to have to take the time to kill them because someone without a hood gets piled by them.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I'm personally hunting for my own hood right now, and having little to no luck even being able to spawn a spider. The idiotic way people act in 117 has turned me off of teaming until I can actually make it into a good group on a separate server. I might just have horrid luck but the teams I get normally give me lower xp/hr rates than soloing medium dungeons... Anyway given how rare the spiders can be, and how rare a drop the hood is from one of these spiders, if I were teaming, I would gladly take somebody that knew what they were doing over somebody else just because they had a hood. It's an awesome piece of equipment, but having it (or not) still doesn't make somebody good (or bad) at the skill, it just means they had better (or worse) luck when training it.

Bartuccio3.png

I've seen a few hoods. Got one myself, and gave the next few to people on my team. If you are running into people with sub 80 dungeon who say they have alched 17 hoods, they are lying. You dungeoning with people that low DG level probably means world 117, and you may as well go just grab random people from the RSOF to dg with you, as far as maturity goes.

Don't worry too much about it. Almost all people get their hood at different times.

pere_grin.png

It's a RARE drop, I've gained over 15M Dungeoneering XP and seen 14 Edimmu without one dropping a Blood necklace, and yet I'm not posting a topic about it.

Did you see what the forum is called? C'mon.. Tif gotta be more intelligent then that. Anyway, why would you want a blood necklace, it sucks, and has no correlation with what else was spoken about.

A number of differences.

1. Abby whip is not an essential in order to efficiently do an activity, there are a variety of alternatives or you could just range/mage.

2. Abby whip is tradable, so if your luck sucks, you can always buy the whip off someone, you can't really "buy" a shadow silk hood.

O.O

• 2 weeks later...

A number of differences.

1. Abby whip is not an essential in order to efficiently do an activity, there are a variety of alternatives or you could just range/mage.

2. Abby whip is tradable, so if your luck sucks, you can always buy the whip off someone, you can't really "buy" a shadow silk hood.

A hood isn't essential to dungeoneer efficiently in any way that an abyssal whip wasn't (pre-chaotic & godwars) essential to train Attack or Defence efficiently.

10xy5fk.png

Its one thing to post a rant, its another to have random stars in place of curse words and make little to no sense. Also I have a shadow silk hood and I'm lvl 70 dungeon. Normally I'd say keep at it, dung with friends, do medium or large c6 floors and eventually you'll see one, but since the original post was so poorly made I'm gonna say this. My shadow silk hood is cooler than yours and you'll never get one.

A hood isn't essential to dungeoneer efficiently in any way that an abyssal whip wasn't (pre-chaotic & godwars) essential to train Attack or Defence efficiently.

"2. Abby whip is tradable, so if your luck sucks, you can always buy the whip off someone, you can't really "buy" a shadow silk hood."

Also d'scim is an alternative, as is defensively chinning defence. Its not a great alternative either way. But you can get relatively close to max XP rates.

Theres no real alternative to shadow silk hood though.

O.O

They need to make shadow silk hood drops far more common. Make night spiders appear on EVERY floor theme, and have them appear in a dungeon floor at least once.

Again as I said, it's not an issue of drops, it's an issue of the monsters being too rare. That's why so many people lack the hood.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Its one thing to post a rant, its another to have random stars in place of curse words and make little to no sense. Also I have a shadow silk hood and I'm lvl 70 dungeon. Normally I'd say keep at it, dung with friends, do medium or large c6 floors and eventually you'll see one, but since the original post was so poorly made I'm gonna say this. My shadow silk hood is cooler than yours and you'll never get one.

Excuse me? Who are you to judge how my rant should be build up? Go [bleep] yourself.

101109205238.png

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Its one thing to post a rant, its another to have random stars in place of curse words and make little to no sense.

Verb

* to rant (third-person singular simple present rants, present participle ranting, simple past and past participle ranted)

1. To speak or shout at length in an uncontrollable anger.

Looks like a damn good rant to me.

I went to w117, did a 5:5 on a floor I'd already done (F30) with a group of strangers. We came across a night spider, I killed it, took the hood and got out the dung before they took another hour to unlock ten doors.

Yeah, I used them. But I've got a SSH for keeps. :shades:

Recently got a hood from a first nigh spider ever.

Didn't bind it.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Didn't bind it.

Bad troll m8, I got a hood now.

L2read lmfao

Didn't bind it.

Bad troll m8, I got a hood now.

L2read lmfao

I be not trolling thou.

59869964.jpg

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

#1: You're stupid for not binding it.

#2: You have no idea what a troll is, do you? Stop making a fool of yourself.

#1: You're stupid for not binding it.

#2: You have no idea what a troll is, do you? Stop making a fool of yourself.

1: Yes, I am stupid for not being as efficient as you can. Also, I don't play on teams, but with friends who don't have a hood. How typical behavior...

2: Even if I did troll, that was unintended.

nimetnbb.jpg

I have seen 4 hoods in all 12 dungeons I have gone through. Sucks to be you

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.