DERP HERP Y U CUT WILLOW *or any log thats not ivy* WHEN UR 99 HERPPP

FirenLazah

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same reason you are.

Incorrect -- I don't get mad when strangers talk down to me, unlike OP.

Would you like to provide some evidence that he gets mad when a stranger tries to belittle him? I don't foresee anything short of an artificially inflated deduction pointing out the correlation that capital letters implies frustration, which could be on par with some deductions that could be done on your behavior. Like persistently asking why he felt the need to make the rant, after already receiving several different answers. The conflict of interest is apparent: You get personally offended anytime someone mentions non-efficiency. After a couple of hours of browsing Rants and General, it's common knowledge to know that nobody seems to care as much as you do.

Before you waste your time browsing, I actually have contrary evidence to your claim:

its not about me caring if a stranger makes fun of me, its just that they cant see beyond 99, and realize multitudes of people train past 99.

I also had the feeling that you would bring up some sort of oddity like that to evade my point. Let's say for argument's sake, we are merely talking about "caring" as opposed to "being mad". After all, this was your original point in the thread. So, why do you care so much that the OP wants to point out irrational behavior? I mean, you don't seem to care when you do it.

Evidence that OP is mad:

1290399928532.jpg

Pretty irrefutable.

Don't care that OP isn't efficient. Just wondering why strangers can make him mad. Haven't received an answer yet. question: are you op and can you answer my question (that being the one where I ask why op is mad)?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Just wondering why strangers can make him mad. Haven't received an answer yet.

Incorrect.

its not about me caring if a stranger makes fun of me, its just that they cant see beyond 99, and realize multitudes of people train past 99.

The act of being bothered when someone trains past 99 is what bothers him. Which is equivalent to how the act of being bothered/frustrated at what strangers say bothers you. You both care about something trivial, as evidenced in this thread.

Plus my point did not solely revolve around who is more upset or bothered or mad. It was rhetoric getting at the fact that we're all inevitably going to express our annoyances on the forums, so constantly questioning why someone cares is not only asking for too much, but completely one-sided, lacking in perspective, and just all around a fruitless inefficient road to go down. Makes for great trolling grounds though.

Just wondering why strangers can make him mad.

When strangers are being douchebags its not hard to see how you can be mad, even if you don't personally know them.

(I may be one of these douchebags but thats irrelevant here)

I disagree. For example, I'm a 137 with near-maxed gear, and people flame me after every single game of FoG that I play. They call me a loser and no-lifer for using a steel titan, they call me a turmoil prod for using turm/soul split, they call me a rich RWT for using decent gear, etc. I beat top FOGers all the time and I always take my chat off private after games so I can see what they say in the lobby. It's extremely amusing. I once beat a well-known Tip.iter who actually sent me a PM on the forums to flame me, lol.

I would argue that I endure far more flaming and harassment than the OP, and it never seems to bother me. I have my public chat on friends quite often (I use w99 so I see my friends a lot and would rather just see what they're saying). If someone was flaming me and following me around so much that it became annoying, I would simply put my public chat on friends again (I would do this far before it got annoying, though). Problem solved. I just don't get how someone can become so angry over strangers harassing them when the solution is so simple. The OP either secretly ENJOYS the harassment or is just trying to vie for attention on these forums. Either way he's being stupid.

dgs5.jpg

Again, posting on a forum to get attention to the issue?

whodafunkit

The problem is that it's not an issue. It would be an issue if he were unable to turn his chat off, but only because spam is annoying, not because they're saying mean things.

dgs5.jpg

whodafunkit

The problem is that it's not an issue. It would be an issue if he were unable to turn his chat off, but only because spam is annoying, not because they're saying mean things.

Does it not seem ironic that whilst you're saying that, you could just as easily be ignoring this thread and moving on to the next one? No one's making you post on this thread; if you don't see an issue, just ignore it.

I suppose his turning of public chat to 'Friends' in RuneScape could be your adding him to your ignore list on TIF.

Just an idea.

whodafunkit

Does it not seem ironic that whilst you're saying that, you could just as easily be ignoring this thread and moving on to the next one? No one's making you post on this thread; if you don't see an issue, just ignore it.

I suppose his turning of public chat to 'Friends' in RuneScape could be your adding him to your ignore list on TIF.

Just an idea.

It's not ironic in the slightest. It would be hypocritical if I were to make a thread expressing my anger towards people who talk down to me in-game or on the forums, but I haven't, and I won't, so one can infer that I'm not actually angry or upset (unlike OP). Oh, and I enjoy arguing, so this is entertaining to me.

I don't get why people are trying to turn this around on me as if I'm the one complaining about people belittling me in an online game. I just want to know why OP is so mad, that's all. I find it very curious that people other than OP are responding to me as if they can answer my question. PROTIP: Only OP knows why he won't do the logical thing and shut off his public chat. If you are not OP, you cannot answer my question.

dgs5.jpg

It's not ironic in the slightest. It would be hypocritical if I were to make a thread expressing my anger towards people who talk down to me in-game or on the forums, but I haven't, and I won't, so one can infer that I'm not actually angry or upset (unlike OP).

Well... you clearly are upset by the presence of this thread, or you wouldn't be posting on here calling him, quote, 'stupid' (unless you're just trying to be an ass on purpose, but I'll assume good faith).

The irony lies in the fact you're telling him to ignore whatever's upsetting him, whilst not doing the same yourself.

I don't get why people are trying to turn this around on me

Oh, but... we thought you liked arguing? And we seem to disagree so... that's unfortunate, I guess.

as if I'm the one complaining about people belittling me in an online game. I just want to know why OP is so mad, that's all. I find it very curious that people other than OP are responding to me as if they can answer my question. PROTIP: Only OP knows why he won't do the logical thing and shut off his public chat. If you are not OP, you cannot answer my question.

It's just common sense really. Wanting to do it your way, then having a stranger take time out of their busy schedule to tell you you're being stupid. Yeah, I reckon most people would get just little bit irked by that.

Tell you what, go up to your teacher or boss tomorrow and tell him/her they're not doin it rite. See what happens. Better still, go into a bar on a Saturday night and tell the biggest bloke there that the cheap perfume they're wearing doesn't smell too great. See what happens.

Do you see where I'm going here?

Once again, I enjoy arguing, so the presence of this thread provides entertainment for me. Considering that your entire argument with me is predicated on the notion that I'm somehow upset, I guess I just destroyed your argument. That was easy.

And, once again, are you OP?

dgs5.jpg

Have you never heard of empathy? I don't have to be the OP to understand where his frustration is coming from. And by the feedback so far on this thread, I clearly don't have some superhuman capacity for empathy, because a lot of others have demonstrated it.

I gave you a direct point, and you just deflected it back to the OP. That's not really arguing, in fact it's the opposite. "Are you the OP?" isn't a counterpoint, sorry.

So really, can you just give a straight answer: Why don't you simply ignore this thread if you feel it to be so meaningless? Why do you have to impose yourself on an issue that you feel has no merit?

Have you never heard of empathy? I don't have to be the OP to understand where his frustration is coming from. And by the feedback so far on this thread, I clearly don't have some superhuman capacity for empathy, because a lot of others have demonstrated it.

I gave you a direct point, and you just deflected it back to the OP. That's not really arguing, in fact it's the opposite. "Are you the OP?" isn't a counterpoint, sorry.

So really, can you just give a straight answer: Why don't you simply ignore this thread if you feel it to be so meaningless? Why do you have to impose yourself on an issue that you feel has no merit?

Once again, I enjoy arguing, so I'm posting in this thread because it brings me entertainment. I'm going to keep asking if you're OP until you tell me, because if you're not OP, you can't answer my question, thus I have no reason to argue with you.

Why is OP unable to turn his public chat off?

dgs5.jpg

:thumbup:

Once again, I enjoy arguing, so I'm posting in this thread because it brings me entertainment. I'm going to keep asking if you're OP until you tell me, because if you're not OP, you can't answer my question, thus I have no reason to argue with you.

:thumbup:

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Just wondering why strangers can make him mad. Haven't received an answer yet.

Incorrect.

The act of being bothered when someone trains past 99 is what bothers him. Which is equivalent to how the act of being bothered/frustrated at what strangers say bothers you. You both care about something trivial, as evidenced in this thread.

Plus my point did not solely revolve around who is more upset or bothered or mad. It was rhetoric getting at the fact that we're all inevitably going to express our annoyances on the forums, so constantly questioning why someone cares is not only asking for too much, but completely one-sided, lacking in perspective, and just all around a fruitless inefficient road to go down. Makes for great trolling grounds though.

Its not about training past 99 as much as training on willows. How are willows anymore fun then Ivy? does the shape of the tree and the color of the logs determine which tree is more fun to you, naturally if I was near the willow trees for whatever reason and I saw someone with a wc cape there I would ask them why they are cutting willows. If they say for xp then they should go to ivy or teaks, if they say for fun I would ask them how willows are more fun then another tree.

There is really no point in cutting willows unless you have a low lvl friend you are cutting with (however OP made no mention of this so this is not the case). Its a bit like burning Oak logs because its more fun then yew logs, naturally people would find that person to be a moron

When willows were the fastest Xp, I would cut maples at Seers because I liked the area better, I could take breaks and pick some flax, the bank was pretty crowded for when I wanted to trade, I didn't have to be as active, etc. Of course my main goal was to get 99 Woodcutting, but it wasn't the only thing I had on my mind. I just didn't like cutting at willows as much. There are numerous reasons why someone would choose to do something in an open-ended Role Playing Game such as Runescape, and implying that there is only one universal way something should be done is, ironically, a very idiotic thing to do.

It boils down to one person telling the other that their concept of having a better time playing the game is skewed and not very productive, while simultaneously spending their precious time arguing this extremely important issue.

He is perfectly able to turn his public chat off.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Ok Obt, you are clearly more secure than OP, happy now? The OP totally lives in his mom's basement and is fat and has no life and gets offended anytime a person on the internet questions him. You, on the other hand, is a bright young fellow with a bright future, and is out to enjoy life in its fullest, you don't care about others. Are you happy now?

Staurolite.png

Ok Obt, you are clearly more secure than OP, happy now? The OP totally lives in his mom's basement and is fat and has no life and gets offended anytime a person on the internet questions him. You, on the other hand, is a bright young fellow with a bright future, and is out to enjoy life in its fullest, you don't care about others. Are you happy now?

hesmadbro

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

hesmadbro

so mad

dgs5.jpg

Just wondering why strangers can make him mad.

When strangers are being douchebags its not hard to see how you can be mad, even if you don't personally know them.

(I may be one of these douchebags but thats irrelevant here)

I disagree. For example, I'm a 137 with near-maxed gear, and people flame me after every single game of FoG that I play. They call me a loser and no-lifer for using a steel titan, they call me a turmoil prod for using turm/soul split, they call me a rich RWT for using decent gear, etc. I beat top FOGers all the time and I always take my chat off private after games so I can see what they say in the lobby.

I never said you were mad, just that there is a reason to be mad.

If i run around calling every black person i see a... Well you get the idea, they obviously have a reason to be mad. I don't know them, they don't know me, and quite frankly we will probably never meet each other again outside that chance insulting confrontation. But they have every reason to be mad and i wouldn't fault them for it.

O.O