DERP HERP Y U CUT WILLOW *or any log thats not ivy* WHEN UR 99 HERPPP

FirenLazah

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course he wanted a response, as did you by formulating an argument and presenting it to the board.

I agree 100%. So what's the problem, then?

We're going through a recurring continuum of proclaimed triviality which was initiated with "What an unnecessary thing to ask a Woodcutter!" followed by "What an unnecessary rant!" followed by "What an unnecessary post!" followed by "What an unnecessary post!"--->

This is perpetuated by the following factors:

1. We like to argue.

2. It serves to keep the Rants alive and kicking, which is a plus. This place can be pretty fun (dramatic) when it isn't stagnating and rotting.

3. MOAR post count.

He is not unable to, but apparently he does not want to. Just like you don't want to stop arguing and posting here. I guess the answer would be the quest for fun.

Also, ignore list is a weak argument. This rant is about the mindset that people have against using low Xp rate methods for the sake of goals and achievements. As he said himself, he is not bothered by their asking as much as he is the mindset they have in the first place. Using the ignore list does nothing about the fact that they uphold that particular belief - which is what he takes issue with. Also not to mention, he would not be having fun adding name after name to his ignore list, when nobody should even care so much. It also gives him incentive to rant, which is a good way to get the arguments rolling, and we know how fun that is.

He is not unable to, but apparently he does not want to.

Then his rant is unwarranted. That's like cutting your own hand off and complaining about it as if you didn't do it to yourself. He's either stupid or a masochist. I'm putting my money on the latter.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

He really should just learn to whip his hair back and forth.

Also this rant has appeared a million times, I'm curious as to the upstart popularity of this thread itself.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Then his rant is unwarranted. That's like cutting your own hand off and complaining about it as if you didn't do it to yourself. He's either stupid or a masochist. I'm putting my money on the latter.

You missed the other part of his post

Here you go.

Also, ignore list is a weak argument. This rant is about the mindset that people have against using low Xp rate methods for the sake of goals and achievements. As he said himself, he is not bothered by their asking as much as he is the mindset they have in the first place. Using the ignore list does nothing about the fact that they uphold that particular belief - which is what he takes issue with. Also not to mention, he would not be having fun adding name after name to his ignore list, when nobody should even care so much. It also gives him incentive to rant, which is a good way to get the arguments rolling, and we know how fun that is.

Don't forget to read everything, it looks bad if you don't

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

That was a bad example. It's more like someone doing something irritating, and you complaining about it as opposed to disregarding it (MOAR irony!).

Also, it is kind of impossible to "ignore" it entirely unless you turn public chat off, which is a trade-off I'm sure OP didn't want to make. So I guess you could also say that he's ranting about how it shouldn't even have to come to using ignore or private chat. It's about as warranted as almost every other rant/complaint/criticism on Rants.

Ranting about the opinions of strangers is even more [developmentally delayed]ed than ranting about said strangers expressing their opinions. Hold on, let me go make a thread about how skillers are big meanies because they prefer to skill. EVERYONE SUPPORT MY THREAD OKAY AND NO ONE BE MEAN THANKS. :)))))

EDIT: @Crusty - Wrong. My example is perfect. He purposefully puts himself in a position to be made fun of, then complains about being made fun of. Same thing. He's an idiot either way.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Ranting about the opinions of strangers is even more [developmentally delayed]ed than ranting about said strangers expressing their opinions. Hold on, let me go make a thread about how skillers are big meanies because they prefer to skill. EVERYONE SUPPORT MY THREAD OKAY AND NO ONE BE MEAN THANKS. :)))))

Strawman!

Also, thank you for helping me achieve a post count of 7400. WOOT!

EDIT: The first sentence is just your opinion. I mean, at least they aren't the ones being ironic.

EDIT: @Crusty - Wrong. My example is perfect. He purposefully puts himself in a position to be made fun of, then complains about being made fun of. Same thing. He's an idiot either way.

So he directly and intentionally asks to be ridiculed for having an uncommon goal, which is analogous to directly and intentionally cutting your own hand off?

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not. Are you sure you know what the definition of 'irony' is?

Examples of irony: When someone who is pro-life murders an abortion doctor. When someone who plays Runescape tells another person how to best use their time. When someone who says that trivial matters should just be ignored and not cared about is complaining about trivial matters instead of ignoring it and not caring about it.

The underlines show what their position is. The italics show the twist behind them doing something inconsistent with their position.

That's not irony, just examples of irony. Obtaurian also described an ironic situation.

I figured three good examples would paint the picture that I do have a clear understanding of what an ironic situation is. In fact, I would say that consistently using a word correctly in a couple of sentences is a better implication that the person has a good understanding of the word than if they were to just recite the dictionary definition verbatim.

But anyway, the OP still won't tell anyone why he can't find the option to turn public chat off, or why he doesn't know how to use the ignore list.

RS is a MMORPG after all right? There are plenty of relaxing conversations going around when you're woodcutting, so if you turn off public chat, you might miss it. Sure, you can use the ignore list, but then others who aren't ignored still ask that same question.

The problem from which this rant stems is why people have to ask such questions and why they can't just accept that he's cutting willows. All of you are perfect examples of his rant, constantly going "but I don't understand why he cuts willows instead of ivy, they are the same thing!". If this problem didn't exist, he'd never have to use his ignore list at all, y'know what I mean? The problem isn't that he's too stupid to use an ignore list, the problem is that others must judge that he is cutting willows and not ivy.

Staurolite.png

why must we fight over everything :| people just french kiss and make up pls

Btw I'm on Obtaurian's side. Sorry Spongebob :| no can do.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

why must we fight over everything :| people just french kiss and make up pls

Btw I'm on Obtaurian's side. Sorry Spongebob :| no can do.

*kisses Obtaurian*

Hey... That.... that was actually... pretty good... :oops:

*moves in closer to bonkers*

NAW, MAYBE IN YOUR DREAMS! :notalk:

EDIT: [cabbage], I didn't know this would be the first post on a page. Yikes.

Ummm maybe not in my dreams. I am not interested in gaining sexual experiences with a poorly shaven porous semi sentient being. Who MAY OR MAY NOT BE MY BROTHER.

This has west virginia written all over it.

To be on topic:

So why doesn't op just cut ivy?

because op finds staring at different colors of poorly made pixelated trees for 10,000 piles of pixelated logs each more fun the staring at a poorly made pixel wall with green lines for half the time.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

because op finds staring at different colors of poorly made pixelated trees for 10,000 piles of pixelated logs each more fun the staring at a poorly made pixel wall with green lines for half the time.

He wouldn't be at Ivy for "half the time" because he isn't doing it for the xp.

I also don't see what's wrong with him liking that either. I enjoy killing poorly animated and designed monsters for hours in hopes of an equally poorly designed drop so I can later sell it for unimportant poorly designed piles of gold coins

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I was LOLing throughout the duration of the reading of this thread. Noobs r ausom. :thumbup:

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Go train fishing its the same thing

lol this.

But no seriously why did you make a rant about strangers making fun of you? I really don't get it. That's like getting offended when a comedian makes a racist joke about your race, only much more [developmentally delayed]ed.

Because op and others who so it forget that tip.it doesn't have +rep

HOHOHOHOHOHO HERPPPDERPP LOloloLOolOOl

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Amazed this thread is still around...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.