DERP HERP Y U CUT WILLOW *or any log thats not ivy* WHEN UR 99 HERPPP

FirenLazah

Just wondering why strangers can make him mad.

When strangers are being douchebags its not hard to see how you can be mad, even if you don't personally know them.

(I may be one of these douchebags but thats irrelevant here)

I disagree. For example, I'm a 137 with near-maxed gear, and people flame me after every single game of FoG that I play. They call me a loser and no-lifer for using a steel titan, they call me a turmoil prod for using turm/soul split, they call me a rich RWT for using decent gear, etc. I beat top FOGers all the time and I always take my chat off private after games so I can see what they say in the lobby.

I never said you were mad, just that there is a reason to be mad.

If i run around calling every black person i see a... Well you get the idea, they obviously have a reason to be mad. I don't know them, they don't know me, and quite frankly we will probably never meet each other again outside that chance insulting confrontation. But they have every reason to be mad and i wouldn't fault them for it.

Difference is that we're talking about Runescape. In Runescape you have the option of shutting your chat off, putting people on your ignore list, or laughing at the fact that they're trying to insult you over a computer. All of these things are effective deterrents to online bullying.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright lets see, maples were more fun then willows because you were close to flax, close to a bank where you could trade, and werent as active.

Oh protip: willows are right next to maples there so environment is a void argument there, and the stuff you did while not cutting shouldnt matter as its a teleport away.

There weren't enough willows to go around at that area. You also completely threw out the fact that maples are less of a commitment than willows - you don't have to bank as often. Also, maybe I don't want to search my bank and waste tele runes every time I want to get a quick run of flax? But of course you lack perceptive and are adamant on believing there is only one universal way to play the game which is to prioritize revolving every single activity solely around Xp rates, so I guess none of these concepts exist to you.

What I am trying to say is there isnt anything different between the trees besides how profitable they are, how fast you get inventories, and xp per hour. With any of these arguments I see no reason why willows are ever better then Ivy

No, you are just ignoring the differences and the incentives one would choose to cut a particular tree. As stated before, there are numerous reasons somebody would choose to do something in an open-ended world such as Runescape that may not be apparent to some random stranger's eye. Some people gain Slayer levels at 3 Combat because it provides a funner challenge, even though it's completely inefficient. Some people have goals like getting 99 Fishing off shrimp or something silly, because it's simply a goal they want to have under their belt, even though they could have gotten it twenty times faster. It is becoming a much more common occurrence to see a Runescaper strive for a unique type of goal that you don't hear of much, because simple ones like 99 Woodcutting are already too prevalent. That is why it is ridiculous to regularly make the assumption that people do things on here for absolutely no reason whatsoever and are partaking in objectively inferior methods.

Unless OP has a undying love of Draynor Village I see no reason to cut there and complain about people asking why he is doing so, cutting willows when your a member and have 99 woodcutting warrents asking "what are you doing," if the answer ISNT "lol idk im bored and cutting for lulz" and they actually are cutting willows for a larger goal (like 20mil exp or 200mil ;)) they are a fool imo and should turn their chat off.

You are free to have the opinion that he's a fool. However, I have the personal opinion that if you care that much about what some random player on Runescape is doing that much, you are an idiot as well. You're already on thin ice by wasting your time logging into such a non-fun game like Runescape when you could spend it having a lot more fun on other things, and when you spend that time trying to correct random strangers' "mistakes" - which are usually not mistakes at all and merely subjective preference as to how they want to spend their own time, well then... hehe, funny. Runescapers arguing about how people should spend their time. What a mind[bleep].

Let's even say for argument's sake, someone did want to cut a certain tree purely because the color was more appealing to their eyes. Conversely, you could ignore it and not waste your precious time arguing about such a menial subject, as it would save you more time to debate more worthy points or training your own skills yourself. After all, they are just a fool who cannot be reasoned with, so why bother?

Just as much as someone saying I want to get 20mil firemaking xp (given that they have infinite money in this example) using oaks instead of magics, because oaks are more fun

I don't really see how anything could be more "fun" about it, unless they count gaining Xp at a slower but less expensive rate as a funner activity. Some Runescapers enjoy extra challenges, so it is possible.

---------

Can you answer the question I posed to you, though? Are you OP?

I'm not. How about you? Your defense is that you enjoy arguing, therefore you are free to care all you want about this trivial issue. And since anyone who is not OP is not allowed to speak on his behalf, you make the convenient assumption that OP does not enjoy ranting and venting. It is ironic because you are not OP either.

And why do you care what they think about training passed 99? Why does it bother you so much that you felt the need to make a thread in Rants about it?

Why does it bother you so much that you felt the need to respond to it? Oh because you like arguing, and it is a given that OP clearly does not like ranting. It makes perfect sense now. ;)

My problem is his ranting about talking to strangers when he doesn't have to.

You don't have to have a problem with it. You could just not care. Or you could be an ironic comedian - the choice is yours.

In Runescape you have the option of shutting your chat off, putting people on your ignore list.

Yea, and in real life you have the option of walking away. Doesn't make it any more or less insulting.

or laughing at the fact that they're trying to insult you over a computer.

Or laughing at the fact they are trying to insult you with words.

Really, no different.

O.O

In Runescape you have the option of shutting your chat off, putting people on your ignore list.

Yea, and in real life you have the option of walking away. Doesn't make it any more or less insulting.

Really, no different.

Sorry, but the only response I can come up with is Lol. I'm sorry you have such a hard time on the internet. I really am. Good luck with that.

dgs5.jpg

Really, no different.

Sorry, but the only response I can come up with is Lol. I'm sorry you have such a hard time on the internet. I really am. Good luck with that.

Implying that you have such a hard time in real life?

I'm still amazed how much you guys are able to extract from this seemingly shallow topic.

Funnily enough, these make for the best threads in the Rants Forum.

Really, no different.

Implying that you have such a hard time in real life?

Not sure how you inferred that, but okay. :)

dgs5.jpg

That's not true at all. In 7th and 8th grade, I was like 4' 11'' and weighed maybe 80 pounds. My voice was higher than I bet Lindsey Lohan is right now. I was bullied a crapton by pretty much everyone. Then I grew like 14 inches in a couple years, but still. It hurts IRL =( especially when it's people you know and used to be friends with :(

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

That's not true at all. In 7th and 8th grade, I was like 4' 11'' and weighed maybe 80 pounds. My voice was higher than I bet Lindsey Lohan is right now. I was bullied a crapton by pretty much everyone. Then I grew like 14 inches in a couple years, but still. It hurts IRL =( especially when it's people you know and used to be friends with :(

His point was that walking away doesn't really negate an insult any more than putting someone on your ignore list does.

Not sure how you inferred that, but okay. :)

Because you think it is reasonable to be bothered by insults in real life, but not on the internet.

I'm astounded at your lack of comprehension, i'll dumb it down just for you.

You can be insulted on the internet, you can be insulted in real life. Thats about as simple as i can put it. :)

O.O

I'm astounded at your lack of comprehension, i'll dumb it down just for you.

You can be insulted on the internet, you can be insulted in real life. Thats about as simple as i can put it. :)

Cool. Thanks for the clarification. Now I'll break it down further -- the internet is a bad place and little kids should not be using the internet if they haven't grown out of their diapers yet and can't handle mean people. There's a huge difference between insulting someone on the internet and insulting someone in the real world. The fact that you don't get that is extraordinarily humorous to me. You really shouldn't be using a computer.

dgs5.jpg

Let me get this straight. Online, the person getting offended is to blame. Offline, the person doing the offending is to blame. Why is that? Maliciousness can still exist throughout other mediums, such as the internet. What is your take on insults over the phone? Over mail? Morse code?

When it was pointed out to you that there is really no difference between an insult online or an insult offline, you respond with, "Well, I'm sorry you have such a hard time on the internet." So again, why is it reasonable to get upset about insults in real life, but not online? Because it is so much harder to handle in real life?

online, the person attempting to do the offending is to blame for the action.

online, the person who allows his emotions to be manipulated by refusing to use the filters available is to blame for being offended.

here are just a few of the filters he could use

public chat off

ignore list

hopping worlds

logging off runescape

disconnecting the internet

if you allow yourself to be emotionally hurt by strangers on the internet, you should do yourself a favor and just log off.

Let me get this straight. Online, the person getting offended is to blame. Offline, the person doing the offending is to blame.

Exactly. You catch on quick.

You see, on the internet, you're anonymous. Anonymity allows people to do things and say things that they wouldn't normally do or say. I can say whatever I want to you knowing that you cannot do anything to retaliate other than insult me. In the real world, the same does not apply. You cannot walk up to a big black guy and call him a you-know-what because there will almost certainly be extreme repercussions, and no one likes repercussions.

Thusly, you're far more likely to encounter malicious behavior over the internet. Luckily for us, however, the internet also allows us to more easily shrug off malicious characters via nifty tools like ignore lists. The same does not apply to the real world.

In conclusion, man up.

dgs5.jpg

I agree that you shouldn't personally be as bothered over internet insults, but I don't see how it is any more justifiable for the perpetrator to insult someone online than in person. Anonymity is a weak justification for acting like a [bleep]. Your reputation might not be on the line, but that's what your conscience is for. I think it's alright to be a [bleep], but I would say it's pretty pathetic (and deceitful, cowardly, etc.) to act like a badass on the internet but be a nice guy in real life. Also, you are disabling your opponent from kicking your ass, which is dishonorable.

I agree that you shouldn't personally be as bothered over internet insults, but I don't see how it is any more justifiable for the perpetrator to insult someone online than in person. Anonymity is a weak justification for acting like a [bleep]. Your reputation might not be on the line, but that's what your conscience is for. I think it's alright to be a [bleep], but I would say it's pretty pathetic (and deceitful, cowardly, etc.) to act like a badass on the internet but be a nice guy in real life. Also, you are disabling your opponent from kicking your ass, which is dishonorable.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. That's just how things are, which is why the internet is not for children. It's a lesson that OP needs to learn. That and public chat off.

dgs5.jpg

I don't necessarily disagree with you. That's just how things are, which is why the internet is not for children. It's a lesson that OP needs to learn. That and public chat off.

Mmm, there is such thing as cyber-bullying. Don't be so quick to dismiss internet insults...

But then again, asking why someone is WC'ing willows is hardly an insult and you do still have chat filters >_>

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

There's a huge difference between insulting someone on the internet and insulting someone in the real world. The fact that you don't get that is extraordinarily humorous to me.

Another failure in comprehension.

Of course i know theres a difference between insulting someone on the internet and in the real world, but the fact is, they can both be insulting, and they can both make people "mad".

You really shouldn't be using a computer.

What, because i acknowledge that people can be insulted on the internet?

Your logic (or lackthereof) never ceases to amaze.

O.O

There's a huge difference between insulting someone on the internet and insulting someone in the real world. The fact that you don't get that is extraordinarily humorous to me.

Another failure in comprehension.

Of course i know theres a difference between insulting someone on the internet and in the real world, but the fact is, they can both be insulting, and they can both make people "mad".

You really shouldn't be using a computer.

What, because i acknowledge that people can be insulted on the internet?

Your logic (or lackthereof) never ceases to amaze.

Reread what you just wrote. You insulted me, repeated what I said, asked me a rhetorical question, then insulted me again. Where's the argument? :lol:

dgs5.jpg

Reread what you just wrote.

I have, its still just as stupid despite my rereading.

You insulted me

I won't deny that.

asked me a rhetorical question

Its an honest question, how does acknowledgeing one can be insulted on the internet mean i shouldn't be using a computer.

It has no logical connection. I know it shouldn't suprise me anymore after seeing your posts so many times, but it still does.

Where's the argument?

Oh you really can't take the highground in this situation. Your posts are just as lacking in actual value.

O.O

He thinks using memes will get him more support for his getting butthurt over strangers calling him names.

y soanti gay bro? dont be ashamed

Super seriuosly: I have to agree with Obtrawrian in this debate on our forums. However I'd also like to say that the entire point of this thread amazes me. Like. Like the sun amazes me. THINK ABOUT IT. ITS SELF SUSTAINING ENERGY. Who cares that people get mad that you're wc'ing. Think of ulterior motives, like they are angry you're stealing their trees.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

He thinks using memes will get him more support for his getting butthurt over strangers calling him names.

y soanti gay bro? dont be ashamed

Super seriuosly: I have to agree with Obtrawrian in this debate on our forums. However I'd also like to say that the entire point of this thread amazes me. Like. Like the sun amazes me. THINK ABOUT IT. ITS SELF SUSTAINING ENERGY. Who cares that people get mad that you're wc'ing. Think of ulterior motives, like they are angry you're stealing their trees.

[racist term] stole my tree.

Also, everyone should be required to put no homo after using the word butthurt (no homo).

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png