DERP HERP Y U CUT WILLOW *or any log thats not ivy* WHEN UR 99 HERPPP

FirenLazah

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cutting for 50 billion hours, or however long it takes to get to 200m, will get REALLY boring without people to talk to. Although if you're woodcutting, you should probably be multitasking.

It's called clan chats.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

cutting for 50 billion hours, or however long it takes to get to 200m, will get REALLY boring without people to talk to. Although if you're woodcutting, you should probably be multitasking.

Good job most people on RS don't have anything interesting to tell.

I refuse to believe that you are indeed, ranting about a legit problem because it's not. I think you can certainly put up with 1 incident when you've apparently dealt with this for a full year. Also, the lack of seriousness in the post.

Solution: Get over it. Or put public chat to off and enter a clan chat.

On a forum entitled 'rants'... how bizarre.

Don't you know? The RSOF is for "omg lol RANDDOOOM XD" rants. TIF is for well thought-out rants OR rants in which something EXTREMELY and UNUSUALLY bad happens to the OP. In this case, the OP is ranting about something trivial that makes absolutely no sense. His thread should be locked and he should warned by a mod for the loss of brain cells I've endured by reading it.

And he has yet to reveal why these people (read: random internet strangers) are able to get to him. Is he that insecure?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I personally find cutting willows very boring - especially if I already had 99 wc. I understand your basic point, OP (that people should do what they find enjoyable), I often range slayer tasks, although it's quite a bit slower than meleeing. However, making a big angry rant about people who merely ask why you do something is questionable. I would ask the same thing if I saw you wcing, because many people find wcing very boring when not multitasking/working towards a level goal.

XQs me s1r but du yu kn0 that ivies is fast3r xp?

I am not going to attempt to decipher that post. Please the english language. Or the french languague, I can understand that.

Or latin. Or japanese. Or arabic. A real language.

Obviously, my post was a joke. If you had taken half the time it took you to type your rebuttal to think about my post, you might have gotten it. Anyway, if you're going to insult the way people type, perhaps you should use proper grammar yourself. (Since I'm guessing that English isn't your first language, the least you could do is to eliminate typos from your posts.)

I have taken the liberty of highlighting your most egregious errors in bold font (poor punctuation and capitalization aside) so you can see how much you fail. :thumbsup:

Additionally, consider disusing sentence fragments.

I only have a cook cape, and I got it because I was folding origami ornaments for a christmas tree

I'm sorry. HOW many origami ornaments did you fold? I wasn't under the impression cooking was that fast....

Why do you even care?

Training a skill for the sake of enjoying it?

What kind of crazy [cabbage] is this? :wink:

Cutting willows is enjoyable?

:thumbup:

On-topic: your really gonna hate me for this, but I'm actually wondering why your cutting willows at 99. Lol. I mean, not that I'm saying you shouldn't, but if I was ever at willows and saw someone with 99wc cutting them, I'd ask why they were cutting them. Assuming I wasn't just running past the willows to get anywhere and didn't want to bother stopping to chat.

He's ranting about people like you; maybe you should just accept that different people enjoy doing different things :roll:

Not perfect with the English language, but frankly, I refuse to look at posts like those. Make whatever character judgments you want about me for that, it's the way I am. Thank you for pointing out my typing errors lol. Sometimes what I think and what I type doesn't always match o.O

As for the cooking, it just seems odd to me that it takes the same amount of time to get 99 cooking as it does to fold origami ornaments. Yet the posters...post seems to imply that it does.

Last part: I didn't mean that judgmentally but... what I'm saying is, it's doesn't seem unusual to me to ask why someone with 99 WC would cut willows. Not saying he shouldn't, but if I was ever around someone with 99 WC cutting willows, I might ask out of curiosity.

P.S. My first language IS English. Tell me what that says about my above grammar fails o.O

P.P.S. As for sentence fragments.... this is the internet. Grammar and spelling isn't as important here as it is in English class.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

On a forum entitled 'rants'... how bizarre.

Don't you know? The RSOF is for "omg lol RANDDOOOM XD" rants. TIF is for well thought-out rants OR rants in which something EXTREMELY and UNUSUALLY bad happens to the OP. In this case, the OP is ranting about something trivial that makes absolutely no sense. His thread should be locked and he should warned by a mod for the loss of brain cells I've endured by reading it.

And he has yet to reveal why these people (read: random internet strangers) are able to get to him. Is he that insecure?

He's answered this question about five times. You're no Jeremy Paxman. You can't keep asking the same thing until you get the answer you're looking for. From an objective POV, if it makes no sense to you, but it does to most of the people on this thread, it's probably you to blame, no offence intended.

Believe me, I've seen my fair share of banal codwash in my time on Tip.It, whilst there's many a good thread written on the RSOF from time to time.

This is probably the most interesting rant topic I've seen in awhile.

And why do you care what they think about training passed 99? Why does it bother you so much that you felt the need to make a thread in Rants about it?

U mad bro?

OP is ragin'

No longer about the first rant actually. :rolleyes: Raging about how this was posted in the "rants" forum, and then people like you just feel the need to ask why they are "ranting" about the thing they are mad about in the first place. Did you not see the description of this forum?

"Blow off steam by venting your game frustrations." I did just that. All I wanted to know if other people shared the same experience as me (As stated in many many previous posts)

kazmahalfsize.png

Not perfect with the English language, but frankly, I refuse to look at posts like those. Make whatever character judgments you want about me for that, it's the way I am. Thank you for pointing out my typing errors lol. Sometimes what I think and what I type doesn't always match o.O

Fair enough. But you certainly looked at it long enough to lecture me about the virtues of using coherent language

As for the cooking, it just seems odd to me that it takes the same amount of time to get 99 cooking as it does to fold origami ornaments. Yet the posters...post seems to imply that it does.

It sounded as if you were accusing him of something

Last part: I didn't mean that judgmentally but... what I'm saying is, it's doesn't seem unusual to me to ask why someone with 99 WC would cut willows. Not saying he shouldn't, but if I was ever around someone with 99 WC cutting willows, I might ask out of curiosity.

Well now you know

P.S. My first language IS English. Tell me what that says about my above grammar fails o.O

I wouldn't ordinarily care, but I thought we were criticizing poorly written posts

P.P.S. As for sentence fragments.... this is the internet. Grammar and spelling isn't as important here as it is in English class.

-cough- aren't -cough-

Anyway that is true, but using fragments undermines your point when complaining about using "real languages"

I guess I'm done ranting; I was just confused as to why you didn't just disregard my post and move on to the next one if you "refuse to look at posts like those." I'm going to take a pass on judging your character because it's just the Internet (and the Rants forum, of all places). Here is a happy smiley to lighten the mood: :lol:

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

I've had similar annoyances as well. A person was basically nerd raging on me about my mage xp saying I've wasted all of that time that I could have used on other skills so I simply told him something like "Oh I'm so sorry that I didn't get 99mage just for the cape."

You would think that people would realize that mage is one of my favorite skills seeing as how my username is "Mage Lord". Guess that's to much reasoning to ask for people though. :( I don't train it-but I sure as hell do use it a lot in pvp and I'm near 15m xp now. :)

It's really not a big deal though-if people wants to believe that this is SkillScape or 99CapeScape then let them. I know they're wrong, you know they're wrong, we know they're wrong-let them learn that they're wrong the hard way.

Fair enough. But you certainly looked at it long enough to lecture me about the virtues of using coherent language

It sounded as if you were accusing him of something

Well now you know

I wouldn't ordinarily care, but I thought we were criticizing poorly written posts

-cough- aren't -cough-

Anyway that is true, but using fragments undermines your point when complaining about using "real languages"

I guess I'm done ranting; I was just confused as to why you didn't just disregard my post and move on to the next one if you "refuse to look at posts like those." I'm going to take a pass on judging your character because it's just the Internet (and the Rants forum, of all places). Here is a happy smiley to lighten the mood: :lol:

You guys aren't even on the same topic anymore...(and it seems as if you two are using unnecessarily big words for absolutely no reason at all.)

it still doesn't make any sense to be mad or offended by what strangers on the internet say to you

I disagree, because its an every day thing. (and multiple times a day)

People are constantly insulting, and critiquing what you are doing. After a period of time, it starts to wear on you.

Its kinda like being called fat or ugly everyday at school. You can say that it doesnt mean anything, and that I should just get over it, but it still make me unhappy.

it still doesn't make any sense to be mad or offended by what strangers on the internet say to you

I disagree, because its an every day thing. (and multiple times a day)

People are constantly insulting, and critiquing what you are doing. After a period of time, it starts to wear on you.

Its kinda like being called fat or ugly everyday at school. You can say that it doesnt mean anything, and that I should just get over it, but it still make me unhappy.

you can turn off public chat in runescape; you cannot turn off public chat at school.

Either you want willows or that you just like it the old way. Some people just are insisting that you do it their way -.- (For OP)

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

^ That doesn't make any sense. Runescape in itself is a waste of time, that's why I play it. Folding christmas ornaments isn't really a waste of time, unless you were forced to.

The time wasted was waiting for the inventory to finish. I folded ornaments because i needed something to do while I waited. That was phrased poorly, sorry.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

it seems as if you two are using unnecessarily big words

Life must be very hard on you :)

Way to quote out of context.

**Disclaimer: He also complained that our posts that did not specifically pertain to "DERP HERP Y U CUT WILLOW"

Happy?

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

It just seems very stupid to do willows, seeing there are so many better alternatives.

Yeah, I don't get it either. All logs were made equal, so cutting willows is no different from cutting magics, maples, etc (sans speed). That's my problem with skilling -- the fastest method and the slowest method are usually performed the same way, so why choose the slowest method? It's not going to be fun either way, but at least cutting ivy/teaks or burning magics over maples is much faster. I'd much rather get the skilling out of the way as quickly as possible so I can go back to the actual fun stuff (slayer, MHing, dungeoneering).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

It just seems very stupid to do willows, seeing there are so many better alternatives.

Yeah, I don't get it either. All logs were made equal, so cutting willows is no different from cutting magics, maples, etc (sans speed). That's my problem with skilling -- the fastest method and the slowest method are usually performed the same way, so why choose the slowest method? It's not going to be fun either way, but at least cutting ivy/teaks or burning magics over maples is much faster. I'd much rather get the skilling out of the way as quickly as possible so I can go back to the actual fun stuff (slayer, MHing, dungeoneering).

Why does a better xp/hour rate does make something more fun? I agree with the OP it is more fun to collect 10k of each log then to grind for xp

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!