DERP HERP Y U CUT WILLOW *or any log thats not ivy* WHEN UR 99 HERPPP

FirenLazah

It just seems very stupid to do willows, seeing there are so many better alternatives.

Yeah, I don't get it either. All logs were made equal, so cutting willows is no different from cutting magics, maples, etc (sans speed). That's my problem with skilling -- the fastest method and the slowest method are usually performed the same way, so why choose the slowest method? It's not going to be fun either way, but at least cutting ivy/teaks or burning magics over maples is much faster. I'd much rather get the skilling out of the way as quickly as possible so I can go back to the actual fun stuff (slayer, MHing, dungeoneering).

Why does a better xp/hour rate does make something more fun? I agree with the OP it is more fun to collect 10k of each log then to grind for xp

Cutting 10k magic logs is not more fun than chopping 10k pieces of ivy.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just seems very stupid to do willows, seeing there are so many better alternatives.

Yeah, I don't get it either. All logs were made equal, so cutting willows is no different from cutting magics, maples, etc (sans speed). That's my problem with skilling -- the fastest method and the slowest method are usually performed the same way, so why choose the slowest method? It's not going to be fun either way, but at least cutting ivy/teaks or burning magics over maples is much faster. I'd much rather get the skilling out of the way as quickly as possible so I can go back to the actual fun stuff (slayer, MHing, dungeoneering).

Why does a better xp/hour rate does make something more fun? I agree with the OP it is more fun to collect 10k of each log then to grind for xp

Cutting 10k magic logs is not more fun than chopping 10k pieces of ivy.

"fun" is no fact. It is an opinion. My opinion about ivy's is that they are no fun at all, no matter which level. Because you only get xp and nothing else (except maybe bird nests)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

It doesn't. That's the point. You're doing the same exact thing in either case, but doing what begets more exp/h gets it done faster.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

^ Hey look, let him play how he wants. Stop forcing the "right" way on everyone, regardless of how stupid this whole rant is.

Please quote my post and bold the part where I was somehow able to force him to do something against his will. Good luck.

dgs5.jpg

^ Hey look, let him play how he wants. Stop forcing the "right" way on everyone, regardless of how stupid this whole rant is.

Please quote my post and bold the part where I was somehow able to force him to do something against his will. Good luck.

You continue to ask him why he chops willows, after he's given you an answer, that it's part of his goal. Yet you keep on stating the same thing over and over again, saying chopping any log is the same, so why chop willow, which is implying you don't approve of OP's ways, and you can't understand why he's so "stupid".

You don't have to actually say "I force you to stop chopping willow" to mean that, you're implying the OP is stupid because he doesn't play the same way as you.

Staurolite.png

First of all, the OP is a little crazy in the head if he thinks chopping willows is in any way different than chopping ivy. If he prefers getting stuff, why not chop teaks and bank them? It's more involved, and gives better xp and money.

Secondly, why [bleep]ing rant if you have a goal? It's your goal, go out and get it. No one is stopping you.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

You continue to ask him why he chops willows, after he's given you an answer, that it's part of his goal. Yet you keep on stating the same thing over and over again, saying chopping any log is the same, so why chop willow, which is implying you don't approve of OP's ways, and you can't understand why he's so "stupid".

You don't have to actually say "I force you to stop chopping willow" to mean that, you're implying the OP is stupid because he doesn't play the same way as you.

My problem with OP is that he gets angry when strangers ask him questions. That's unreasonable and childish.

I could care less about what logs he chops. I don't understand it, but I don't care. My problem is his ranting about talking to strangers when he doesn't have to.

dgs5.jpg

First of all, the OP is a little crazy in the head if he thinks chopping willows is in any way different than chopping ivy. If he prefers getting stuff, why not chop teaks and bank them? It's more involved, and gives better xp and money.

Secondly, why [bleep]ing rant if you have a goal? It's your goal, go out and get it. No one is stopping you.

Aren't we all a little crazy in the head? Let him do what he wants, so what if he doesn't chop ivies or teaks eh?

But I'm agreeing with you guys on how this whole rant is kinda pointless.

Staurolite.png

Aren't we all a little crazy in the head? Let him do what he wants, so what if he doesn't chop ivies or teaks eh?

But I'm agreeing with you guys on how this whole rant is kinda pointless.

I guess we are - personally, I have an irrational fear of training combat stats without Slayer. Also, I love AFKing String Jewellry but hate AFKing Fishing or Woodcutting. I guess we all have our own personal preferences.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

"fun" is no fact. It is an opinion. My opinion about ivy's is that they are no fun at all, no matter which level. Because you only get xp and nothing else (except maybe bird nests)

Exactly.

It's pretty basic operant conditioning. Something has to reinforce the behaviour in order for someone to do the same action 10,000 times. Though the pattern of reinforcement does not change, what reinforces the behaviour varies from person to person. By the same logic, two people may enter the same career, let's say nursing. One may become a nurse for the satisfaction of caring for other people, and will go on nursing so long as that satisfaction is there. The other may want money, and will carry on so long as they're being paid. In both cases, the behaviour is being reinforced, but the reinforcing agent is different.

Likewise, people may train at ivies for experience, or other trees for money. It's subjective, and no one can say for fact which is better for every player. What matters is that the person in question has found the right reinforcing agent for them so they won't bored and quit the goal prematurely.

Why are we arguing so much about this?

Exactly. I don't see how using a different, preferred method to meet his goal should deserve so much flame.

Granted, it might not be the best method, but to the hell with what he thinks. Mind your own business, for god damn sake.

As for the OP, ignorance is bliss. These guys are probably just trying to mess around with you anyway.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

people are flaming him because he's irrationally butthurt about strangers ASKING A QUESTION.

And your trolling

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

people are flaming him because he's irrationally butthurt about strangers ASKING A QUESTION.

And your trolling

You're*

OP, I'm much the same as you. I'm currently going for 200m firemaking xp with willows.

It really gets on my nerves when noobs force me against my will to burn magics, even though I don't find them fun at all.

I'm at my wit's end with these idiots.

And your trolling

You're*

OP, I'm much the same as you. I'm currently going for 200m firemaking xp with willows.

It really gets on my nerves when noobs force me against my will to burn magics, even though I don't find them fun at all.

I seriously hope that this is sarcasm.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

And your trolling

You're*

That was kind of a given X]

And your trolling

You're*

That was kind of a given X]

Heh. Juuust had to ask.

Also, getting to 200M firemaking experience is insane in and of itself.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

And your trolling

He's not trolling. He's pointing out that the OP is irrational. No harm no foul.

dgs5.jpg

I'll leave people to their own way, but I'll question really stupid things. This'd be one of those occasions if I came across you.

But if ye'd continue to explain your goal, I'd be fine.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

And why do you care what they think about training passed 99? Why does it bother you so much that you felt the need to make a thread in Rants about it?

U mad bro?

OP is ragin'

And you seem to be quite bothered by it. Tell me, why do you care so much about what some random stranger says? Uh oh, see what I did? Any answer you give can also simultaneously be justification for his complaining. In other words, I have proven that it is within reasonable bounds to "care" and point out the irrational things people say or do - such as expecting every single player to prioritize Xp rates over every other aspect of the game.

As for the forum rule that you should only rant about in-game content and not player behavior - I was never a fan. The rants directed towards other people have always been the most controversial and thought-provoking.

And your trolling

He's not trolling. He's pointing out that the OP is irrational. No harm no foul.

I disagree.... there's a fine line between, say, trolling and just being rude or blunt (i.e. saying what you think without regard for the persons feelings.) However, being blunt doesn't involve personal insults; it just means if someone sucks at something, you tell them "you suck." Not "you suck (insult). I draw the line at the word butthurt.

I'll leave people to their own way, but I'll question really stupid things. This'd be one of those occasions if I came across you.

But if ye'd continue to explain your goal, I'd be fine.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

And why do you care what they think about training passed 99? Why does it bother you so much that you felt the need to make a thread in Rants about it?

U mad bro?

OP is ragin'

And you seem to be quite bothered by it. Tell me, why do you care so much about what some random stranger says? Uh oh, see what I did? Any answer you give can also simultaneously be justification for his complaining. In other words, I have proven that it is within reasonable bounds to "care" and point out the irrational things people say or do - such as expecting every single player to prioritize Xp rates over every other aspect of the game.

As for the forum rule that you should only rant about in-game content and not player behavior - I was never a fan. The rants directed towards other people have always been the most controversial and thought-provoking.

You went through all that just to get this response: Why is OP so mad?

dgs5.jpg