DERP HERP Y U CUT WILLOW *or any log thats not ivy* WHEN UR 99 HERPPP

FirenLazah

To everyone wondering why the hell OP is cutting willows, he said he wants to cut 10k of each log.

Don't ask why he finds this fun. Then again, don't ask why people think any activity in Runescape is fun. If they think it's fun, let them be. No need to jump down their throat.

Fun isn't objective, neither is opinion.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To everyone wondering why the hell OP is cutting willows, he said he wants to cut 10k of each log.

Don't ask why he finds this fun. Then again, don't ask why people think any activity in Runescape is fun. If they think it's fun, let them be. No need to jump down their throat.

Fun isn't objective, neither is opinion.

Exactly, I recently started playing the minigame Conquest and discovered to be the most fun I've had on RS in a long time. Yet I still run into people who take 2 moves in a game then proclaim 'conquest sucks' and just leave.

To someone who plays illogically expect people to say LOLWUT? at you. [/rant]

Is it logic that brought you to play this game in the first place? Did logic persuade you to fork out for that fancy BMW? The decision to buy an expensive house four years ago using a 125% mortgage that you couldn't afford to repay was clearly a logical one.

Logic rarely enters the thought process when deciding what we want to do, thus neither does objectivity. You're far more likely to find irrationality in any decision that concerns what we'd "like" to happen.

If people want to 'play illogically', they're hardly doing anything that's unnatural.

yes, logic factors into all of those things

"i'm feeling bored". logical mind says "go look for games on the internet"

"i like nice sport cars and i've got a few spare dozen thousand USD". logical mind says buy a BMW

"i like a nice house, and have limited knowledge of the market that says that housing prices will continue to rise". logical mind says buy that house (note - you can make logical decisions based on faulty assumptions)

logic rarely does NOT enter the thought process when deciding what to do, unless you are a lobotomized mind[bleep]

"i like nice sport cars and i've got a few spare dozen thousand USD". logical mind says buy a BMW

You contradicted yourself in five words. Nice one. There's no basis for the 'liking sports cars' bit.

It's nice that you think "I like nice sports cars" is a decent argument, but "I like cutting willows" isn't. That bit made me chuckle, actually.

"i like a nice house, and have limited knowledge of the market that says that housing prices will continue to rise". logical mind says buy that house (note - you can make logical decisions based on faulty assumptions)

Can you? Really? Arguments based on flawed information are still wrong, are they not?

logic rarely does NOT enter the thought process when deciding what to do, unless you are a lobotomized mind[bleep]

Do you have to swear or make some vulgar remark in every post you make? It doesn't add anything to the thread.

i never said that there's anything wrong with wanting to chop willow, go reread my posts.

i said there's something wrong with getting emotionally hurt by something someone says on the internet AND NOT USING THE FILTERS AVAILABLE TO YOU

oh, and logical != correct, so yeah you can use logic to come to a false conclusion if the given information is faulty.

i never said that there's anything wrong with wanting to chop willow, go reread my posts.

i said there's something wrong with getting emotionally hurt by something someone says on the internet AND NOT USING THE FILTERS AVAILABLE TO YOU

oh, and logical != correct, so yeah you can use logic to come to a false conclusion if the given information is faulty.

I don't necessarily agree with your examples, but I agree with the bolded statement. Also, just throwing this out here, I think a Vulcan would find it illogical to waste time on a computer game. Or this topic XD

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

For someone to cut willows instead of ivy for long periods of time (such as 10+ hours while working on a goal) is wasting their time. Of course the common arguement back to this is "but what if they enjoyed the willows more?" and its not much different then saying the shape and color of the log (and I guess the value and rate it fills your inventory) determine how much fun it is?

I like to stay on an objective sense, and I agree its much easier to take the live and let live approach however I am curious why OP finds willows to be superior to Ivy. OP knows (or should know) that there is no answer he can say to support cutting willows that people cant say why not cut another tree then, other then his undying love of Drayner village (however that just makes him look like a fool).

Nowhere in the original post is any claim made that willows are superior. It is stated as a preference.

The rant is about the mindless denizens of Runescape who cannot handle anything that doesn't fit what they themselves have deemed as the best way, through statistics or mindlessly quoting someones guide or other personal preference - the mindless, omnipresent kibitzers who populate this game.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

and im saying the stupidity of the preference. The shape of the tree and the color of the logs make ALL the difference dont they? :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

Perhaps they do and perhaps they don't - but it's not relevant to the OP, as he made no such claims in the first place. But by all means, go on indulging yourself.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

For someone to cut willows instead of ivy for long periods of time (such as 10+ hours while working on a goal) is wasting their time. Of course the common arguement back to this is "but what if they enjoyed the willows more?" and its not much different then saying the shape and color of the log (and I guess the value and rate it fills your inventory) determine how much fun it is?

I like to stay on an objective sense, and I agree its much easier to take the live and let live approach however I am curious why OP finds willows to be superior to Ivy. OP knows (or should know) that there is no answer he can say to support cutting willows that people cant say why not cut another tree then, other then his undying love of Drayner village (however that just makes him look like a fool).

Nowhere in the original post is any claim made that willows are superior. It is stated as a preference.

The rant is about the mindless denizens of Runescape who cannot handle anything that doesn't fit what they themselves have deemed as the best way, through statistics or mindlessly quoting someones guide or other personal preference - the mindless, omnipresent kibitzers who populate this game.

and im saying the stupidity of the preference. The shape of the tree and the color of the logs make ALL the difference dont they? :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

Something like training melee with a whip instead of Dharrocks makes sense, as you have a lot more work with the latter even though its more efficient. However a preference on something like woodcutting makes no sense, as there isnt much variety in the skill anyways

He set a goal to cut 10k of each log. That's why he's cutting it. It's his GOAL. You set a goal, then you achieve it.

Staurolite.png

You guys didn't read the thread...at all....

He already has 99 Woodcutting. He enjoys the skill that is Woodcutting...for him now, woodcutting xp really isn't useful, he continues to cut because he likes it.

He likes the skill enough to make himself a goal with it. His goal is to cut 10k of every log.

His goal IS NOT to get fast xp.

His goal IS NOT to get fast money from woodcutting.

He NEVER said that ANY log is superior to Ivy.

He DOES NOT think they Cutting willows, oaks, maple, yews etc. is in any way better then cutting Ivy.

He is doing this purely because he enjoys it.

You CANNOT tell him it isn't fun, because it is COMPLETELY SUBJECTIVE. The simple fact that he likes to do it, proves you wrong.

As much as it pains me to say this....GTFO with efficiency.....

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

You guys didn't read the thread...at all....

He already has 99 Woodcutting. He enjoys the skill that is Woodcutting...for him now, woodcutting xp really isn't useful, he continues to cut because he likes it.

He likes the skill enough to make himself a goal with it. His goal is to cut 10k of every log.

His goal IS NOT to get fast xp.

His goal IS NOT to get fast money from woodcutting.

He NEVER said that ANY log is superior to Ivy.

He DOES NOT think they Cutting willows, oaks, maple, yews etc. is in any way better then cutting Ivy.

He is doing this purely because he enjoys it.

You CANNOT tell him it isn't fun, because it is COMPLETELY SUBJECTIVE. The simple fact that he likes to do it, proves you wrong.

As much as it pains me to say this....GTFO with efficiency.....

While I agree that the thread isn't about that, I also agree with the posters who are genuinely confused by the argument that cutting willows is somehow more fun than cutting any other log. Doesn't make sense.

But anyway, the OP still won't tell anyone why he can't find the option to turn public chat off, or why he doesn't know how to use the ignore list.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I also agree with the posters who are genuinely confused by the argument that cutting willows is somehow more fun than cutting any other log. Doesn't make sense.

It's not that cutting willows is more fun then maples...he made a goal to cut 10k of every log.

Achieving the goal is what makes it fun for him.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

the main issue in this thread is why OP allows himself to be emotionally manipulated by refusing to use the filters available to him.

My main issue in this thread is why people like you allow themselves to be emotionally manipulated by refusing to ignore this thread which is an ability available to them.

And the cycle continues. Uh oh, here it comes... "Butt im not mad brah!"

the main issue in this thread is why OP allows himself to be emotionally manipulated by refusing to use the filters available to him.

My main issue in this thread is why people like you allow themselves to be emotionally manipulated by refusing to ignore this thread which is an ability available to them.

And the cycle continues. Uh oh, here it comes... "Butt im not mad brah!"

Please re-read the original post -- the main issue of this thread has nothing to do with Bladewing. The OP is the one ranting. I'm genuinely confused by your inability to comprehend that.

dgs5.jpg

I said it was my issue. No reading skills ftw indeed.

Might I add, ignore list does not get rid of the fact that people believe there is objectively no good reason one would choose to do something with a lower Xp yield, which is what this rant is about. I wouldn't need to point this out if you could read though.

take your personal vendetta elsewhere, tyvm

Chicken.

This. What does your personal problem with one (or both) of us have to do with the OP?

I'm just making an observation on the double-standards I've seen. Such as "why do you care? just ignore it" when the same thing could be applied conversely. Nothing personal, only logical.

Chicken.

This. What does your personal problem with one (or both) of us have to do with the OP?

I'm just making an observation on the double-standards I've seen. Such as "why do you care? just ignore it" when the same thing could be applied conversely. Nothing personal, only logical.

Why should it be applied? Clearly the OP wanted a reaction/response if he posted a rant. As such, my responses are totally warranted. :) And, for the last time, arguing is fun, so ignoring the OP would mean less fun for me, and I like my fun.

dgs5.jpg

Chicken.

Why should it be applied? Clearly the OP wanted a reaction/response if he posted a rant. As such, my responses are totally warranted. :) And, for the last time, arguing is fun, so ignoring the OP would mean less fun for me, and I like my fun.

Of course he wanted a response, as did you by formulating an argument and presenting it to the board. And I agree that arguing is fun or else I wouldn't be doing it. Ranting can be fun too though.