Dragon long vs. Dragon scimitar

yomom1919

i dont pk members cause it scares me nor can i use d skimmy but if u have good str skimy is the way to go. maybe use d long and skimmy but since skimym is faster it ownz

dude you could have saved yourself the time and just said scimmy ownz long it's that simple :/...but if you wanna go in detail...

1) scimmy is curved and shorter which gives it a better swing and momentum to get it started.

2) the scimmy's curvature enables it to cut through the air like butter. not even butter. like...very soft butter....like butter that's been melted.

3) the overall structure of a d scimmy gives it balance, multi side swing control, a comfy all size grip, and it's a scimmy! What else could make the d scimmy better?!huh?!

Sup noobs.

What else could make the d scimmy better?!huh?!

Free cookie with every purchase?

higher accuracy...

i wanna be able to hit through prayer with it more easily....

either that, or the spec should only absorb 50% of the bar instead of 55%

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Well I haven't done Monkey Madness and don't intend to for a while so I don't use a scimmy ... but I quite like the long. It has a good stab attack, the special is alright and the speed isn't that bad. Perhaps I shall get both; each have their own practical application.

People should really only post if they've actually used both ("I have absolutely no experience with either, but from what I've heard...", ect.). That being said: I have.

I greatly prefer the scimmy. It has almost the same max, superior speed, and (in my opinion anyway) better accuracy.

Longs are lost and forgotten in f2p...and for good reason. If more people would (or could) do monkey madness and give the scim a chance, I think it'd be the same in p2p.

124 Combat

Retired Echo of Silence Council

http://rseos.com/forums/

Ooh, look. An argument in the making.

i dont pk members cause it scares me nor can i use d skimmy but if u have good str skimy is the way to go. maybe use d long and skimmy but since skimym is faster it ownz

dude you could have saved yourself the time and just said scimmy ownz long it's that simple :/...but if you wanna go in detail...

1) scimmy is curved and shorter which gives it a better swing and momentum to get it started.

2) the scimmy's curvature enables it to cut through the air like butter. not even butter. like...very soft butter....like butter that's been melted.

3) the overall structure of a d scimmy gives it balance, multi side swing control, a comfy all size grip, and it's a scimmy! What else could make the d scimmy better?!huh?!

1) The scimitar gets less momentum than a longsword BECAUSE it's shorter and lighter. The curve has nothing to do with the speed of the swing whatsoever.

2) Again, the curve has nothing to do with the swing. The only use for the curve is to focus kinetic energy into one point on impact. However, as a weapon that is lighter than a longsword, it shouldn't deal as much damage that it does. Design flaw on JAGeX's part.

3) All weapons have designs that give them balance. Otherwise nobody would use them in combat. A scimitar's balance, unlike a longsword's, pulls more towards the pommel than the crossguard, because the blade isn't (or at least, SHOULDN'T - design error by JAGeX) be as wide as the longsword.

It's a light weapon which originated in a desert. That is why it's designed to cut through flesh easily, because nobody had to bother with armour. In fact, its performance is poor against plate mail, owing to the fact that it's so light.

2) have you every tried to cut very soft butter? its not fun.

2) have you every tried to cut very soft butter? its not fun.

Only when I'm baking. While playing RS, I don't give butter a second thought. Anyway, I wish the dragon scimmy special was better outside the wildy. That's why I sold mine.

lpinkus

D scimmy all the way i love my lil killer....he hits harder than a long and hits faster too,i play cw a lot, so the special is invaluable to me there(i dont think i used invaluable right) I look sooooo cool with it on too 8)

Dragon scimitar for life!

I'll have to say d long... ive been using it since about a year now and noticed its advantages...

1)It hits harder, definitly

2)Looks so much cooler

3)Spec has saved my *** is many situations!!!!

4)much easie rto get a new one if u loose it...

5)much more fun quest to get it!!!!!!!

A scimitar has a more wicked-looking blade, allowing it to slice cleanly into the flesh of the victim, as the soothing sound of bones cracking and tendons ripping fill the air, working harmoniously with the blood-curdling shrieks of the victim into the music all Pkers learn to love and lust for... as his life blood splash onto your skin, robes and lips, warm and pulsating; tasting as sweet as nectar, swiftly melting into the tongue... ahh... a taste no one could ever forget...

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Dragon Scimitar-

It has the best Hit Rate Per Sec out if all the Drag Weapons

A Status Symbol

Good for PKing

The Special is Handy at CWs

Looks Better

um... ever heard of the dragon dagger. That hits more often then the scimmy any day. It obviously doesn't hit as hard but it hits more.

I agree with lpinkus, if you are pking, the scimitar is better because the special really helps out. But if you are just using it to fight monsters, I prefer the long, because the special is much better against npc's, although slower it hits harder, and i have found that it consistenly causes higher damage, where as the scimitar seems to hit lower more often.

btw- this should be under the genral p2p forum, not under suggestions.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.