What are your reasons of living?

The_Gabe

@ginger: I have one question to that, why? People are going to die anyways even with your help. You helping is merely 'slowing the process in which they end'. After having both my parents die in a car accident last year, I've realized 2 things about life: 1) it can happen suddenly/unexpectedly, and 2) the more attached you get to life, the more painful it is emotionally when it inevitably ends. Oh, and 3) 13.8mil in insurance/lawsuit money is not worth losing the 2 people who raised you.

div>

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ginger: I have one question to that, why? People are going to die anyways even with your help. You helping is merely 'slowing the process in which they end'. After having both my parents die in a car accident last year, I've realized 2 things about life: 1) it can happen suddenly/unexpectedly, and 2) the more attached you get to life, the more painful it is emotionally when it inevitably ends. Oh, and 3) 13.8mil in insurance/lawsuit money is not worth losing the 2 people who raised you.

I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my own mother at 9 to pneumonia so I can somewhat relate to it.

Your questions got me thinking about the usefulness of medicine at all. If death is an inevitability, why bother trying to keep patients alive, at huge expense to the public purse, for longer than Nature designed to keep them alive for in the first place? I think the OHCM says it best on page 6:

It is one of Nature's great insults that she should prefer to put all her eggs in the basket of a defenceless, incompetent neonate rather than the tried and tested custody of our own superb minds. But as our neurofibrils begin to tangle, and that neonate walks into a wisdom that eludes us, we are forced to give Nature credit for her daring idea. Of course, Nature, in her careless way, can get it wrong: people often die in the wrong order (one of our chief roles is to prevent this misordering of deaths, not the phenomenom of death itself).

So we must admit that, on reflection, dying is a brilliant idea, and one that most unlikely we could ever have thought of ourselves.

This makes more sense to me. Ideally, everyone should die of old age, or of their own sane volition, not in a tragic car accident as your parents did. It is true that life in itself is not a reason for choosing to live, but neither is murder, or a random accident, or a suicidal depressive episode, or an easily treatable medical condition a proper reason for somebody to die. I believe the latter is what is meant by 'misordering of deaths'. To some degree, when a patient dies of old age, there's comfort in knowing nothing could be done and it was almost 'meant to happen'.

Judging someone else's "right time to die" isn't what I or anyone else on Earth is here for. I just want to maintain their quality of life until either themselves, or Nature, makes that judgement for us.

I live my life for what I believe to be the human goal: universal domination. I believe civilization should advance until man knows absolutely everything about everything and has dominion over everything. I'm here to help that cause.

Having a high level Runescape account is a great start :P

I live to have fun. I'm an atheist and don't believe in the greater good.

Oh, and 3) 13.8mil in insurance/lawsuit money is not worth losing the 2 people who raised you.

Here in Belgium you wouldn't get more than 50k. Not that I'd trade any amount of money for my parents of course.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

My reasons to live? Well, that's an easy one. I would say that it is the joy and happiness I find in this world, ranging from simple things such as a joke with a friend and to accomplish something in RS, to more complex and bigger things, such as sharing a romantic moment with my girlfriend. And here I enter the main reason: The love I share with those that are the closest to me. My family, my friends and my wonderful, beautiful girlfriend. I know she will most probably never read this...But, Anh yêu em.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I think that to have a reason is to have the desire and yearning to do something beforehand. You can't have reason to live because you were not existent beforehand; you simply have motivation to live.

Just an opinion of how the topic's worded. Anyways I'd say my motivation among all is fear of death, the desire for intellect, and to change what I can for the better.

I live because I was born, and I am alive because I have no reason to kill myself and no diseases that will result in my death.

Bottom line, I guess I'm content with life? xD

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I'm here to spite those who hate me and to continue the cycle that is life. The timing of my death will affect which bacterium get a meal. From there the food-chain may start.

Dude, why would you have such a discussion with James? lol? Doom and gloom man tbh.

I like talking with him. Good man.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!