Wow.

unjustblood

To those guys who lost 2bil+ (major party hat owners that lost them somehow) I can see why some people end up killing themselves. Not that real money (nor pixel money is a good reason to) but I can see how much a loss like that hurts.

People have lost their car, their belongings, their house, even family or loved ones, and never thought of commiting suicide, and you can "see why some people end up killing themselves" over losing money in a computer game? Life isn't something you can put a price on, certainly not in gp. It scares me to see how people value life. Suicide is never an option, no matter how much you lose.

Suicide is always an option.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suicide is never an option

While I have absolutely no respect for suicide (other than to save the life of another ofc) I'm also a believer in the theory of "those who are suicidal should hurry up and kill themselves already to put an end to their drain on society's resources and not to carry on that genetic quirk"

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

"There is no good without sacrifice and no sacrifice without mercy"

While I have absolutely no respect for suicide (other than to save the life of another ofc) I'm also a believer in the theory of "those who are suicidal should hurry up and kill themselves already to put an end to their drain on society's resources and not to carry on that genetic quirk"

I CAN'T [bleep]ING BELIEVE SOMEONE ELSE AGREES WITH ME!!! OHHHHH HAPPY DAY!! HAPPY DAY!

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I CAN'T [bleep]ING BELIEVE SOMEONE ELSE AGREES WITH ME!!! OHHHHH HAPPY DAY!! HAPPY DAY!

Rofl, there are quite a few of us out here actually :thumbsup:

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

That's incredibly insulting, Emerson. And yes, I'm being completely serious. I won't go into it, because it's completely off-topic, but still.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

That's incredibly insulting, Emerson. And yes, I'm being completely serious. I won't go into it, because it's completely off-topic, but still.

emo much?

people contemplating suicide can be net producers to society.

Yeah, noose sales went up 3000% since the 1980s :thumbup: .

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Lets say 1mil an hour, lets say minimum wage in his country/state is $8 an hour.

If he lost 100mil thats equal to $800 loss.

Working or 'scaping 24 hours a day non-stop isn't normal.

[hide]But on meth it is.[/hide]

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Lets say 1mil an hour, lets say minimum wage in his country/state is $8 an hour.

Working or 'scaping 24 hours a day non-stop isn't normal.

[hide]But on meth it is.[/hide]

Looting a corpse on the street isn't normal. But on Runescape it is.

Runescape...Not even once.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Doesnt make it any less stupid though.

Worthless coloured pixels in a game of some form that has no real values lose is meaningless comapred top actually losing real money that clothes you and feeds you and keeps a roof over your head

If you just see the items as worthless pixels, why bother spending time on a forum about the game RS where items are valuable and important... Makes no sense at all :blink:

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

How much money per hour could he make?

To those guys who lost 2bil+ (major party hat owners that lost them somehow) I can see why some people end up killing themselves. Not that real money (nor pixel money is a good reason to) but I can see how much a loss like that hurts.

That's like saying you lose $40-80 every time you go to sleep :shame:

Can't put a price on pixels unless you're actually willing to sell them to someone for real $

Not to mention the time it takes to find a job, the commute, the expense of the commute, the fact that you can play a video game almost whenever you want but your work is on a schedule, etc. And people generally enjoy playing video games unlike working. I always found it humorous when people try to directly equate time to money. "That walk to the park cost me $8!"

So my beliefs are in it of themselves insulting? Good. I find many of the beliefs that others hold insulting so now I can perhaps return the favor.

emo much?

No, but nice try. I've had people I've known commit suicide.

@Emerson I'm just gonna disregard that...

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I need reasons to quit, not more reasons to play.

If you just got the reason you wanted, I don't see the problem?

Attention seekers. :rolleyes: <_<

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...

So power cut out, you lost a few pixels.

Therefore this is reason to throw a strop and quit the game?

Must remember that throwing a strop and quitting is the method for dealing with minor inconveniences these days.

If I remembered that I culda quit uni months ago cause the bus was 2 minutes late!

Well, it would be quitting pixels over pixels, really. No big deal. XD

discoshazamsig-1.png

emo much?

Why hang out with such downers :thumbdown:

lol I said in there that money, real or virtual is a terrible reason to consider that, however I do see why people feel despair enough to consider when you look at it at 1000's of hours of work lost.

I didnt say in there that I would agree with their reasons, however I do agree that it can be extremely traumatic and cause real phycological pain on someone even though money (or pixel rs money) doesnt really mean much in it of itself.

I am just saying that someone shouldnt be so harsh on someone that loses "virtual items" as the cost behind it does have a value in time. There is an extreme example of a kid named Mitchell Henderson that killed himself because he lost his iPod

Admittedly, it would suck very much to lose something you've invested tons of time and energy into. But to kill yourself or become emotionally unstable after the fact is still ridiculous. It just doesn't make sense to me. Why ruin your entire future just because your past got ruined?

I guess it would be necessary for me to add that I think 99.99% of suicides are completely unwarranted though.

• 5 weeks later...

I need reasons to quit, not more reasons to play.

If you just got the reason you wanted, I don't see the problem?

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

emo much?

dude do u even have a heart?? i know many people who have commited suicide.. its no joke.. if u think it is feel free to say it to my face while trying to hold ur teeth in.. honestly grow up u immature little [bleep].. yea its heaps funny when one of ur best mates die isnt it....?

emo much?

dude do u even have a heart?? i know many people who have commited suicide.. its no joke.. if u think it is feel free to say it to my face while trying to hold ur teeth in.. honestly grow up u immature little [bleep].. yea its heaps funny when one of ur best mates die isnt it....?

I've known people who've commited suicide as well.

It didn't have a mental effect on me at all.

I was down in Brimhaven dungeon, cannoning fire giants for slayer. Had full guthans, whip, defender, black mask, cannon, etc. Power decides to just RANDOMLY go out, and when I log back in, sitting in lumbridge with Guthans top, bottom, and whip.

[bleep] slayer.

[bleep] the power grid.

[bleep] slayer.

[bleep] cannons.

[bleep] runescape.

I know I know, ring of life. Shouldnt have to worry about being disconnected anywhere I'm in combat. And you would think the cannon would stop firing after you loose connection.

The hell with this game. Canceling my membership and putting this as the reason.

You died killing fire giants? lmao, that's a chin-up moment for you haha.

I'm gonna say it again:

This is not a suitable game for you.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.