Bill Clinton takes over Obama press conference

Zilla

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...s_control.html

Former President Bill Clinton gave a statement after his meeting with President Obama about his tax compromise with the Republicans.

However, after his statement, Clinton began to call on and take questions from the press with Obama at his side. Obama leaves promptly after a few moments and said he had to see Michelle, as he was keeping her "waiting."

"I don't want to make her mad, please go," Clinton told Obama.

I got a little political nostalgia from that. I was never a big fan of Clinton, but I like him a fair amount better then Obama.

vizardsig-1.png

Clinton was a pretty good president imo. I mean, the purgery thing sucks, but why does it really matter who he's sleeping with? He held America up pretty well during his term.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I truly did lol.

But Obama does stuff like that, and it perplexes me. Like he shows off his authority frankly where it's innapropriate, and then acts way too weak when he shouldn't. (Well, in my opinion.) Remember the time where he bowed to the Chinese ruler I think? It was Asian, forget what country.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Clinton was a pretty good president imo. I mean, the purgery thing sucks, but why does it really matter who he's sleeping with? He held America up pretty well during his term.

Ricky Ray Rector and Monica Lewinsky (potentially more women as well). Clinton is a sick man, who cares for nothing but his own political career and genitalia, perhaps not in that order.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

I truly did lol.

But Obama does stuff like that, and it perplexes me. Like he shows off his authority frankly where it's innapropriate, and then acts way too weak when he shouldn't. (Well, in my opinion.) Remember the time where he bowed to the Chinese ruler I think? It was Asian, forget what country.

Yep Chinese President Hu Jintao. He's also bowed to Emperor Akihito of Japan and King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia. He likes to show his head in submission to all these foreign leaders. Clinton taking over his press conference should be no surprise.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I truly did lol.

Yep Chinese President Hu Jintao. He's also bowed to Emperor Akihito of Japan and King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia. He likes to show his head in submission to all these foreign leaders. Clinton taking over his press conference should be no surprise.

...or he isn't fully aware of the intricacies of how the culture around bowing to each other works, a likelier option. A hell of a lot of people from countries that don't have that as part of their culture aren't entirely sure how it works, me included. He must have gone along with what everyone else did, which is usually a safe bet. Don't knock him for stupid things like that, I'm pretty sure there's more reasonable targets to be found.

Judging by what I've heard, is Obama unpopular because he hasn't been strong enough to get is policies through? I mean, he had some really good ideas, especially the one about the health service (it works here, nuff said), but never got it done.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I truly did lol.

Are seriously this stupid or what? Bowing is a sign of honour in those cultures. He did exactly what he was supposed to.

EDIT: There is plenty, plenty of stuff to get angry at him about. This was just one of those idiotic things that all the haters latched on to because it is an easy talking point when in fact he did exactly what he was supposed to.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I truly did lol.

Are seriously this stupid or what? Bowing is a sign of honour in those cultures. He did exactly what he was supposed to.

EDIT: There is plenty, plenty of stuff to get angry at him about. This was just one of those idiotic things that all the haters latched on to because it is an easy talking point when in fact he did exactly what he was supposed to.

Well of course, it is the degree of it. Obama did a complete bow, which stated "I am submissive to you." He should have done a minimal polite bow. Now I'm not blaming him for this, I mean, A) he's only human and B) Its not like it effected policy, but you would think the most powerful man in the world at this time, would know a bit of customs to the (perhaps?) 2nd most powerful nation in the world. Or at least hire a better staff that could bring him up to date.

I just felt it was a bit peculiar. He also goes around the world (I'ma look for a link, don't know if I can find one that'll condense all the occurrences) where Obama basically says "sorry world US sucks we'll be better bros"

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I truly did lol.

Are you seriously this stupid? First of all, you don't have a subject in your first sentence. Secondly, you're very ignorant by assuming a bow just means respect anywhere that is east of the US. I specifically mentioned King Abdullah as an example. In Arab culture, when you perform a profound bow it is the equivalent of a kowtow.

If he was ignorant of what to do, he should have represented his own country's culture by politely shaking hands. The entire notion is more important then just the physical action itself. A sovereign is to act like a sovereign.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I truly did lol.

No, that was the King of Saudi Arabia. :v

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I truly did lol.

Are you seriously this stupid? First of all, you don't have a subject in your first sentence. Secondly, you're very ignorant by assuming a bow just means respect anywhere that is east of the US. I specifically mentioned King Abdullah as an example. In Arab culture, when you perform a profound bow it is the equivalent of a kowtow.

If he was ignorant of what to do, he should have represented his own country's culture by politely shaking hands. The entire notion is more important then just the physical action itself. A sovereign is to act like a sovereign.

I lol'd hard at the grammar error.

Ricky Ray Rector and Monica Lewinsky (potentially more women as well). Clinton is a sick man, who cares for nothing but his own political career and genitalia, perhaps not in that order.

What else is there?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

What else is there?

Money.

Eh, Clinton was a decent president who didn't get bogged down tin needless partisanship. It's good to see he can work well with Obama - keeping someone like that involved is invaluable to American diplomacy.

Eh, Clinton was a decent president who didn't get bogged down tin needless partisanship. It's good to see he can work well with Obama - keeping someone like that involved is invaluable to American diplomacy.

He was directly responsible for the execution of a black man that was essentially lobotomized by his suicide attempt in an attempt to distract the rest of the public from the Gennifer Flowers scandal. Ricky Ray Rector did not understand what was happening. He tried to save his desert "for after".

The logs at the prison show that in Ricky Rector's last days, he was howling and barking like a dog, dancing, singing and laughing inappropriately, and saying that he was going to vote for Clinton.

Charles Taylor at Salon noted, “The execution went horribly wrong, with Rector's arm finally being slashed to insert a catheter when a vein for the lethal injection could not be found. (Rector was clearly unable to comprehend what was happening -- thinking that his executioners were doctors coming to his aid, he attempted to assist them.)"

-

And guess what, it worked! Everyone just forgot that he lied under oath.

Then, he pardoned terrorists. (And these guys weren't WikiLeaks, either: they were setting off bombs.) Then he went on to buy off some favors for friends and supporters. (See link)

Then, there were all of the "smaller" violations of the law and public trust:

In November 1993 David Hale, the source of criminal allegations against Bill Clinton in the Whitewater affair, alleged that Clinton, while governor of Arkansas, pressured him to provide an illegal $300,000 loan to Susan McDougal, the partner of the Clintons in the Whitewater land deal.[102]

Troopergate is the popular name of a scandal involving allegations by two Arkansas state troopers that they arranged sexual liaisons for then-Governor Bill Clinton.

Dolly Kyle Browning alleged that she and Clinton engaged in a long sexual affair

In 1998, Kathleen Willey alleged Clinton sexually assaulted her four years previously. In 1998, Juanita Broaddrick alleged she was raped by Clinton some twenty years previously

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

I still don't see the correlation between who a guy likes banging and how well he runs a government. This also applies to homosexual government officials that get ridiculed for the same crap.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I still don't see the correlation between who a guy likes banging and how well he runs a government. This also applies to homosexual government officials that get ridiculed for the same crap.

I agree. Didn't Clinton also go out with the highest approval rating of any president?

The fact, it seems, is that every President has their scandals. Singling Bill Clinton out seems unfair given other President's scandals as well.

lampost_sig_stark.png

I agree. Didn't Clinton also go out with the highest approval rating of any president?

The fact, it seems, is that every President has their scandals. Singling Bill Clinton out seems unfair given other President's scandals as well.

I'm not trying to single him out (believe me, you do not want to hear what I think about Bush) - I'm just making sure that people remember him for what he did: killed a mentally disabled man, molested women, cheated multiple times on his wife, lied while under oath, etc.

EDIT: He does not just "like banging" - I would think less of him (since he cheated on his wife), but he also lied multiple times to the public in an attempt to cover it up.

EDIT: He does not just "like banging" - I would think less of him (since he cheated on his wife), but he also lied multiple times to the public in an attempt to cover it up.

Wouldn't we all do this? Don't they [politicians] ALREADY do this? I never understand why Clinton's lies were worse than his affair.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Wouldn't we all do this? Don't they [politicians] ALREADY do this? I never understand why Clinton's lies were worse than his affair.

I recently heard an Italian political figure on the BBC talk about Berlusconi: essentially, what he said was that he supported his policies, if not Berlusconi himself. His example was Hitler's conservatism in his personal life (lack of drinking, smoking, womanizing, etc) - it's the policy that makes the political figure, even if it's the vices that make the man. (Although I personally consider Berlusconi's policy slimeball material anyway.)

Lying to the public is certainly far different from "mere" womanizing. But it does make you wonder if you really want a man that has so little control over his sexual urges, and so readily abuses his power.