The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

I have Skyrim on the Xbox but have hardly touched it, is there a big difference between pc and xbox for this game or should I just save my money and stay on xbox?

Tg_Ibe.png

Well then. Any idea of when the next one will be released, if there is going to be another at all. I'd rather just wait til that one comes out, haha

Tg_Ibe.png

Well then. Any idea of when the next one will be released, if there is going to be another at all. I'd rather just wait til that one comes out, haha

If you mean the next Elder Scrolls game, I would guess somewhere around 2016.

I've been playing it more than I care to admit, on both 360 and PC. Every time I decide to take a break, I find a new build I want to try. I've been throwing in some other games now and then but this one keeps pulling me back.

What kind of mods are you looking at?

Shit man, that is a lot!!!! I have about 75 hours haha.

I've been unemployed for 6 months, gotta do something...

I've actually just finished downloading all the mods I had picked out. A bunch of immersion mods. Sounds of skyrim, run for your lives, and realistic needs, which makes it so diseases get worse if they're not treated, and you need to have food and water. HD textures for the environment and armors, and then the unofficial patches for vanilla, dawnguard, and hearthfire. I don't have dragonborn.

I keep meaning to get Run for your lives... I love RND and the Unofficial Patches. I ignore texture mods, mostly. Frostfall was a must have for me, though.

I also have Life in Prison, but it gives me a headache sometimes. I probably shouldn't have got a 50k bounty to try it out. It took me 3 hours to drop it to 43k.

Oh I forgot a mod, alternative start, which gives you a few options for a backstory besides the original starting sequence. I had the oblivion version of it.

There's a "random alternate start" mod that's also quite fun. Basically lets you pick a class for your starting equipment and drops you in a random dungeon or landmark.

there wernt race options for starting, just different starts. Starting out in the warrior's guild, mage's guild, thief's guild, or dark brotherhood. Shipwrecked off the coast, starting off as a bandit, stuff like that. Also oblivion had it going for it that you wernt a chosen warrior, which I dont really like in games.

there wernt race options for starting, just different starts. Starting out in the warrior's guild, mage's guild, thief's guild, or dark brotherhood. Shipwrecked off the coast, starting off as a bandit, stuff like that. Also oblivion had it going for it that you wernt a chosen warrior, which I dont really like in games.

The Skyrim one has some race-specific starts. Khajiits start with a Caravan, Dunmer start in Raven Rock (Windhelm without Dragonborn), Orcs start in a Stronghold, etc... There is also all of the guilds, houses and a few others like ship-wrecked.

• 4 months later...

has anyone played dawnguard or dragonborn? are they worth it? at $20 each it's a big price tag

Dragonborn is the DLC I'd recommend most, then Hearthfire, then Dawnguard. I'd only recommen buying Heartfire at full price though. Dragonborn IS worth it at full price, but with black friday/steam sales coming up there's no need to buy it at full price. Dawnguard I'd definitely recommend waiting until a sale. It's a good dlc, but not worth $20 USD.

hzvjpwS.gif

has anyone played dawnguard or dragonborn? are they worth it? at $20 each it's a big price tag

Dragonborn is the DLC I'd recommend most, then Hearthfire, then Dawnguard. I'd only recommen buying Heartfire at full price though. Dragonborn IS worth it at full price, but with black friday/steam sales coming up there's no need to buy it at full price. Dawnguard I'd definitely recommend waiting until a sale. It's a good dlc, but not worth $20 USD.

i have hearthfire already, apparently i have dawnguard too (did the questline) but I have no memory of buying it lol. I'll wait for a sale on dragonborn as you suggest

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti