The Abyssal Queen

Triquos

I have had this idea for quite a while now, and I have recently posted this in another topic of what players would like to see in 2011, but I feel it should be posted here as well so that players can get an idea and feel for how epic it would be to have an Abyssal Queen. So here is my idea :-)

Requirements: 99 Slayer + access to the 'ALR' Abyssal plane using the fairy rings

Location: South of the Abyssal plane. You would need to squeeze through the fissure in the southern wall to enter the Abyssal Queen's lair.

Examine: The harbinger of destruction

If you can imagine, the Abyssal queen would roughly look like this. The head would be that of the alien from the alien vs. predator movie trilogy - elongated and extremely intimidating. Her body would have the structure and look of an ant/spider, only the back would be much, MUCH larger, sort of like the red back spider. Finally, her legs would be almost like what the Kalphite Queen's legs used to look like before her graphic update. I have put some images found on a popular search engine below to give you an idea of this:

mhvh21.jpg

^^ Images found on a popular search engine. None of these images are mine, and are only being used here to portray an idea

At half health there would be a cutscene of her calling upon her 3 Abyssal minions. These would be the Abyssal Myriad, Abyssal Legion, and Abyssal Sentinel. These creatures would detach themselves from the Abyssal Queen's shell on her back (sort of like in 'the mummy' movie where the skeletons come to life from off the walls) and would immediately become aggressive towards the nearby player/s. These Abyssal minions would need to be killed before attacking the Queen again. Should any player attack the queen while the minions are still alive, she will heal with each attack placed upon her.

Unique drops could be: Abyssal whip (of course), Harbinger hounskull (helmet), Harbinger plackart (platebody), Harbinger cuisse (legs), Harbinger gauntlets (gloves), Harbinger sabatons (boots)

The 3 minions could drop harbinger armour too, though it would be extremely rare.

Here is a concept I worked on using SPORE. It's not quite realistic or how I imagine it to be fully, but it is a rough idea. The head I imagine would be longer than this, and the body, much bigger. It should have higher legs and spikes at the joints, but spore has its limitations o_O either way this should give you guys a general idea of what it would look like, I hope you like it :-)

abyssalqueen.jpg

I was thinking perhaps a quest could be required to kill the Abyssal Queen too, though 99 slayer should be enough of a requirement anyway.

Please post any thoughts/ideas/support/constructive criticism and thanks for reading! :-)

Edit: I have now added the Abyssal Queen suggestion to the runescape forums. You're more than welcome to post your thoughts/ideas/support/constructive criticism there as well :-) here is the quick find code:

188-189-186-62522984

2vuhgcn.png

stats on the harbringer gear?

Also, making it count for abby tasks would be nice too.

Also, max hit, attack style(s), special attack(s), weaknesses, etc.

Hmm, normally I would post an idea of what the stats could be, but it usually leads to flaming and disagreements (saying it's overpowered, underpowered etc.) so unfortunately I won't post any stats :-( I will state though, that I would like each armour piece give the player a chance of activating the hidden ability with each hit they make on a monster (like barrows armour). Each armour piece could add a small percentage of activating that ability. For example:

Helm = 2%

Platebody = 5%

Platelegs = 3%

Gauntlets = 1%

Boots = 1%

----------------

12%

For a total of a 12% chance that with each hit, the ability could activate. This is only an example, however. The ability could be anything from healing, to attacking 1 speed notch faster, lowering the opponents stats, or even poisoning, I'm not sure. Maybe it could be a random effect?

Making it count for an Abyssal demon task would be great! I am all for that!

I'm not sure on what the max hit, attack style(s), special attack(s), weaknesses, etc. could be, as that may well just be as bad for me as posting what the stats for the Harbinger armour could be. As far as the Abyssal Queen's strength is concerned however, I want her to be extremely powerful (corporeal beast stuff). I also want this to be the first major slayer boss which is more team oriented, so other high levelled slayers could do their abyssal demon task while trying to obtain the rare Harbinger armour with friends/clan mates etc. ^_^ whether it be coinshared or simply making the kills easier for everyone to obtain a piece of her treasured armour. I think this boss would encourage slayers to get together too :-)

2vuhgcn.png

Eeeh, make it solo'able and you won't see people teaming it. I'd bet that quite a lot of people with 99 slayer have things like overloads and chaotics and turmoil... Might not be a bad idea, but we need some epicly hard bosses before. You know, somethings 138s with chaotics and overloads CAN'T solo.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Harbinger you sa--ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Honestly, I could definitely see this coming. With the re-emergence of the Dragonkin there were dangerous fluctuations with the abyssal rift, which is prime opportunity for a new boss/monster like this.

Supported, heyo!

hzvjpwS.gif

Thanks for the support! I thought about this, and as much as I would want her to be soloable, I do agree the Abyssal Queen reserves the right to be extremely hard to kill. After all, my main objective is to make her team oriented, and having her summon 3 abyssal minions would make solo'ing that much harder anyway, so I've edited my first post to make it so that she's one monster you don't want to mess with ;-)

2vuhgcn.png

That looks pretty convincing, with the Spore creature. Maybe you could draw up some concept art of what the armor could look like. Everything else looks wicked.

You have my support :thumbup:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

If you want to make the armour interesting, make the special ability like the blitzer class ring. 12% chance to hit one speed higher is fun :D.

Anyway I support the general concept of bosses requiring slayer levels, but idk about big drops and stuff, it's not like we need anything but some decent level 80 armour and we're set.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Reminds me of this demon-thing I modelled a while ago:

[hide]

demon_head_red.jpg

demon_front.jpg

demon_side.jpg

[/hide]

I never rigged it, so it really doesn't move, and I didn't texture it either.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

^That's looking very queeny, more like a Bee queen though. If there was an image which was a combination of that and the image the op showed, I'd think it would be very Abyssal Queen-like.

I like the idea I support.

Killing the minions before they give their queen health sounds like the Jad boss guy and his healers (but I don't know the mechanics of that so I should look it up before submitting this post but I won't and will instead end this post here before possibly talking about false information).

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

• 1 month later...

Although abyssals are not poisonous, it does fit in with them imo.

You could make the queen like pest queen. Since hive queens thend to be stationary. However the queen would have caretakers, guardians etc.

So you would start out with the queen just sitting here and lashing people (whips come from somewhere right) with tentacles & using magic stuff. Perhaps some of the chaos elemental attacks suit this. I would also like to see some mind control power (fire your next attack at a teammate :P).

Guardians using acid/poison perhaps? And caretakers healing. And then an idea borrowed from ants, the shield-abyssal you can't walk or shoot through.

So to kill the queen, after arriving on the scene:

You are being shot at, the shield abyssals are in front of you so you can't hit much. Basically the shields are like the KQ when she prays - extremely tough. However you can move around/over them&walls around them (stand on walls & shoot over them too), perhaps even with grapples, agility etc. You can also power through them with mauls or Verac's etcetera (I don't think it should take too long, but only viable in masses - a true difference in strategy that is). Throughout the fight, more shields appear, but you can always move around them. The idea is that it forces you to move in a certain pattern, making you vulnerable to guardian/queen aoe attacks. The shields force you to choke points.

The aoe attacks are like the riftsplitter's except that they are abyssal rifts, of course. They drain run energy to zero. Moving over shields takes energy, so it makes moving quite hard.

Strategy-wise this means it's best to range the queen - however if you can get within melee range you can do some serious damage. I'd like to see a boss where you send out a small team (2-3 people) with mauls to get up close while a few others range down approaching threats. There might be sniping positions or so.

Written at 2am and I'm tired...

I'd actually like it if this fight resembled something like at ba. You'd have pools in each of the corners of the room, and would have to dip your weopen in the pool to correspond to the color of her shield (ie: if it turned green, then you'd need to dip your weopen in the pool before she could be damaged).

div>

Although abyssals are not poisonous, it does fit in with them imo.

You could make the queen like pest queen. Since hive queens thend to be stationary. However the queen would have caretakers, guardians etc.

So you would start out with the queen just sitting here and lashing people (whips come from somewhere right) with tentacles & using magic stuff. Perhaps some of the chaos elemental attacks suit this. I would also like to see some mind control power (fire your next attack at a teammate :P).

Guardians using acid/poison perhaps? And caretakers healing. And then an idea borrowed from ants, the shield-abyssal you can't walk or shoot through.

So to kill the queen, after arriving on the scene:

You are being shot at, the shield abyssals are in front of you so you can't hit much. Basically the shields are like the KQ when she prays - extremely tough. However you can move around/over them&walls around them (stand on walls & shoot over them too), perhaps even with grapples, agility etc. You can also power through them with mauls or Verac's etcetera (I don't think it should take too long, but only viable in masses - a true difference in strategy that is). Throughout the fight, more shields appear, but you can always move around them. The idea is that it forces you to move in a certain pattern, making you vulnerable to guardian/queen aoe attacks. The shields force you to choke points.

The aoe attacks are like the riftsplitter's except that they are abyssal rifts, of course. They drain run energy to zero. Moving over shields takes energy, so it makes moving quite hard.

Strategy-wise this means it's best to range the queen - however if you can get within melee range you can do some serious damage. I'd like to see a boss where you send out a small team (2-3 people) with mauls to get up close while a few others range down approaching threats. There might be sniping positions or so.

Written at 2am and I'm tired...

that actualy sounds like a really epic bossfight, much more interesting than the dps fest of most bosses.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I'm loving those ideas. It would be great for the abyssal queen to require technique like that, and as you guys say perhaps barbarian assault/pest control-type tactics. I like the idea of having forcefields or shields that you have to take down, I'm all for that! As suggested, shields which move/rotate so you are constantly having to re-adjust to slay her :thumbup:

2vuhgcn.png

I think 95 slayer would be better for this. If it's as hard as the corporeal beast, you're gonna need a good team to take it down, and getting a team of only people with 99 slayer might be pretty difficult to do unless you're in a very high leveled clan.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

We have dark beasts at level 90 though, and ice strykewyrms at 93, so it would have to require either level 95, 97 or 99 slayer.

If the player does not have the level required to kill the abyssal queen (and her minions), it would be an incentive to train slayer. There are plenty more suggestions out there for lower slayer monsters, it's just the abyssal queen isn't one of them ;-) thanks for your comments! :thumbup:

Hmm on the previous page it was mentioned that the abyssal queen would require a team to kill it, however it would be hard to find teams with a high slayer requirement. I do agree that would need a solution. I would like the abyssal queen to be solo'able, so perhaps the difficulty could be adjusted, though still hard enough to only get say 4-10 kills per trip with a team and 1-2 solo per trip.

2vuhgcn.png

• 1 month later...

I like the idea of a slayer boss monster but I think the lvl needs to be 97 and if u solo it u will need max out stats and only can kill it 1 or 2 times with a yak and overloads.

To solve the problem of getting help slaying it make it so the minions each have its own slayer lvl to be able to slay to them.

Abyssal Myriad lvl 79

Abyssal Legion lvl 86

Abyssal Sentinel lvl 91

Giving each minion a different level will help with getting more players in to the Abyssal Queen lair and each will have different drop tables with a rare that is fitting for their level.

I would like it if one of the Abyssal Queen rare drops was a type of upgrade to the abyssal whip that makes it better and untradeable like a spike ball for the tip of the whip.

Ps: I am not English so sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes