Revenant Revamp.

Noxx

So we are all pretty annoyed by these Revenants that harass us while we try doing our Clue's, kill our Green Dragons, Kill our Black Dragons, run to our KBD's and train our Agility. Why are we annoyed by them? Chances are if you run into them, they will kill you. They kill you because you are not prepared for them. Yes, i understand that this was Jagex's attempt of making a PvP based NPC. Something that eats, Hybrids and Flees.

Even though this NPC offers a fun challenge sometimes, it is one of the least fought in the entire game. Why? Because even though they take a lifetime to kill, they have NO drop worth mentioning.

Now, i had a though. Might not be a very good one, or even a very smart one, but that is all up to you.

What if Jagex were to revamp these Revs. They want them to be like PK'ers? Then make them have drops like PKer's. Hundreds of people die each day due to Revs and they are not always able to get to their graves fast enough to recover their lost items. What happens to those items? They just vanish. Have you ever seen a PK'er leave his loot on the ground?

So what if these Revs become kind of like a Falador Party chest?

When a player is killed the Rev picks up their items and whoever kills the Rev next, receives those items.

RWT you ask? Well we have a simple solution. Lets say Player X wants to give a full Bandos set to Player Y. They decide to use Revs to do so. Lets say Rev A (Lvl 100), kills Player X. Our first curve ball would be that the Rev does not pick up all the items, but rather he randomly collects upto a certain amount of items (depending on how many items you have in your inventory. The Rev will not pick up noted items nor coins. Each Arrow and Rune is counted as a separate item. A Rev cannot pick up two of the same item.) The rev will randomly select items from your dropped inventory. Now the intention was for Player Y to be close by and then kill Rev A and gain the loot. Well done we have just succeeded in RWT. But here is the twist. Lets say Rev A (Lvl 100) picked up the loot. He will become un-attackable for the next 5 minutes. He will also immediately be teleported to any random location in the wilderness. This will stop Player Y from being able to kill Rev A right away. Player Y will have to spend a long time looking for the Rev.

Then there is always the option of creating a Class for Revs. Put the level 10 - 20 Revs in a Class A. Put the level 21-35 in a Class B, etc. Lets say a Rev from class A kills a player, the items do not stay with him but is either sent to another Rev or is randomly divided amongst the rest of the Revs in that particular Class.

There's probably no real point in doing this, but maybe it could become another fun "minigame". Maybe Rev hunting can actually become an activity people want to do.

Yeah so just tell me what you think?

I've suggested this numerous times.. There are a few problem though:

-nobody loses much, if anything (it's so easy to get back to your grave in 3 minutes, let alone 6).. It only works if graves wouldn't work in wilderness (something I greatly support).. High end items aren't taken to the wilderness. - Mostly because there is no reason to.

(this can be fixed by making revs stronger, yet also giving them a "base" drop).

Finally something a bit different I'd implement:

Let the items revenants collect go into a "world box" - each world has its own collection of items..

Then if you kill a revenant it drops something (apart from its base loot) out of that box.. Independent of whether that revenant actually killed someone or not. (though the amount should depend on the level of the revenant). This would make unbalanced trades still impossible!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

No, it wouldn't work, because it would create items that would otherwise be exclusive.

If you killed a real PKer who had claws, you would get those claws, right? Well where did those claws come from? From Tormented Demons, since that's what some player had to kill to obtain it.

If you killed a Rev and got claws, where would those claws come from? From nowhere.

See what I'm getting at here? It would deflate the viability of boss monster killing.

No, it wouldn't work, because it would create items that would otherwise be exclusive.

If you killed a real PKer who had claws, you would get those claws, right? Well where did those claws come from? From Tormented Demons, since that's what some player had to kill to obtain it.

If you killed a Rev and got claws, where would those claws come from? From nowhere.

See what I'm getting at here? It would deflate the viability of boss monster killing.

But no one is really going to kill 500 Revs hoping one of them might drop Claws, will they? How will they know what items the Revs hold? They won't. Sure, they can kill them with they vain hope, but that would be kind of senseless, would it not?

While looks good on paper...most people destroy revs in just black d hide...let alone die to them in 1m+ gear.

Then as suggested, make them stronger. No need to raise their level, but give them basic armour such as the PK'er would wear. Give them the Attack and Defence bonus of Rune, Dhide and Mystic. This makes them a bigger challenge also make them hit higher. Maybe as high as an unpotted, no Prayer Dragon Scim, Blast Spell and Rune Arrow?

But no one is really going to kill 500 Revs hoping one of them might drop Claws, will they? How will they know what items the Revs hold? They won't. Sure, they can kill them with they vain hope, but that would be kind of senseless, would it not?

You would be surprised.

Besides, the point isn't if people will, it's whether or not people can. They COULD kill Revs for claws, and if that means saving hours on quests and killing easier monsters, people will do it.

Of course, claws are just one example. This could apply to any boss-obtained items, take dragon legs for example.

You would be surprised.

Besides, the point isn't if people will, it's whether or not people can. They COULD kill Revs for claws, and if that means saving hours on quests and killing easier monsters, people will do it.

Of course, claws are just one example. This could apply to any boss-obtained items, take dragon legs for example.

Revenants ought to replace pkers...

That's what jagex said when they were released.. So if they are too weak now, they should be made stronger.

Then they came for me

you can also cannon revs (i found this out accidentally)#

anyways, if revs are made stronger, they need better loot.

even now, they still need better loot. although i guess jagex wanted us to run away from revs instead of killing them.

Personally, Revs are an awesome little bit of fun if you're stuck with f2p for a while :lol: Up at the demonic ruins its quite fun, :) I don't think there's anything wrong with them, but they could maybe each have a different degrading Revenant drop?

6660_6.jpg

I believe the intent was to keep the wilderness "dangerous", I agree it isn't that dangerous and they could use an overhaul.

They need to grow with the updates to keep up.

Then they came for me

You would be surprised.

That's what jagex said when they were released.. So if they are too weak now, they should be made stronger.

Stronger, yes, fine. But I'm saying that they should not drop any items that are exclusive to another monster, even if it would be found on pkers.

You would be surprised.

Didn't the OP state that in order for a Rev to drop Claws (to stay at your example) said Rev (or another in the same world) first has to kill a player losing claws? So in that case, the Claws are still coming from a Tormented Demon, be it via a player dying in the wilderness. Or am I missing your point here?

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

You would be surprised.

Didn't the OP state that in order for a Rev to drop Claws (to stay at your example) said Rev (or another in the same world) first has to kill a player losing claws? So in that case, the Claws are still coming from a Tormented Demon, be it via a player dying in the wilderness. Or am I missing your point here?

Oops, you're right, my bad.

In that case, it's much, much better. Sorry for the confusion.

You would be surprised.

Stronger, yes, fine. But I'm saying that they should not drop any items that are exclusive to another monster, even if it would be found on pkers.

Lets say all exclusive item will be excluded from the random pick up. This leaves us only with mostly rune items. Seeing as Whips, D Boots, D Claws, GS's all have either Quest or Slayer level requirements. So maybe a "split" could be applied here. "You are 55% complete of reaching X Slayer lever. Your drop split is : xxxxx" when it comes to exclusive Slayer items. With questing it might be something like :You have 200 Quest Points. You receive : xxxxx coins" or something along those lines.

Does this become too complicated? Is this just a stupid idea?

Edit: Nvm, i think i just trolled myself :wall:

I kind of like revs, I kill them sometimes for fun (near CE and preferably a whole pack of them). They're more challenging at lower lvls. Thing is, or at least in my opinion, it really isn't that hard to evade them, and if you're annoyed by them... well, there are much worse things.

Believe some of them also drop clues lvl3/4. A drop I would like to see added is brawler gloves drops, albeit more rare than in PVP (but due to my somewhat non-existant knowledge about PVP and about some game mechanics/economy, I'm probably stepping on some people toes).

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

I kind of like revs, I kill them sometimes for fun (near CE and preferably a whole pack of them). They're more challenging at lower lvls. Thing is, or at least in my opinion, it really isn't that hard to evade them, and if you're annoyed by them... well, there are much worse things.

Believe some of them also drop clues lvl3/4. A drop I would like to see added is brawler gloves drops, albeit more rare than in PVP (but due to my somewhat non-existant knowledge about PVP and about some game mechanics/economy, I'm probably stepping on some people toes).

Brawlers would be a very nice drop, but sadly i can never see that happening. Unless it drops at the same rate of say, a visage, people would be camping them and this would result in the game being even easier than it is now. Prices related to skills such as Smithing, Prayer, Magic, etc. (all buyable skills that have Brawlers) would drop because now it would be cheaper and faster to gain level in such a skill. But that is only if it had a drop rate of 1/500. Heck, even 1/1000 would cause this.

Just take out the revs.

Wilderness should always be a problematic place to venture, that's the point of it! There are ways to avoid them and there are certainly ways to defeat them, my friend and I are currently developing tactics in F2P to become a pro-Rev Slaying duo! :D

6660_6.jpg

I like your suggestion and it's one of the best I've heard but it means that there is still hordes of overly powered Revs. I think they should be strong but what Pk'er has unlimited food, runes, and can walk through walls? Jagex should just make them a bit more realistic.

they dont hit as high as pkers of the same level. they are not as smart and they cant move at running speed.

they should at least have a damage and speed buff.

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

I like your suggestion and it's one of the best I've heard but it means that there is still hordes of overly powered Revs. I think they should be strong but what Pk'er has unlimited food, runes, and can walk through walls? Jagex should just make them a bit more realistic.

They have a limited amount of food and can only walk through doors.

To OT: I remember Jagex stating that the reason they didn't want revenants to have good loot is because they didn't want people hunting them, so I doubt they would change that.

Logic.png