Life Point Boosting armour (TORVA)

CharlieBrown

Now maybe it's because I woke up 10 seconds ago, but I for the life of me cannot see any real use for this armor...? This assumes JaGex is.. well... JaGex, and the armor will have low stats/boosts.

PVP: MAYBE for someone rushing you, but knowing jagex, the 50lp boost wont help much, if at all. Other then that, you don't safe, if you do, people tend to run.

PVM: Slayer? No, Bandos. Training? No, Void. Corp? No, Karil's. Bandos? No, Bandos, It's not even possible to get combo'd for 990lp there. Sara? No, same as Bandos. Zammy? No, Karils if tanking, Bandos if not, can't get 990'd. Tanking anything? No, when will you ever tank anything that can 990 you as of now, let alone 1159 (?) with a brew?

Knowing JaGex, it will have terribly low defensive bonuses, most likely less than 50, and the boost will probably be less than 100-50 lp with the body/legs, assuming that's all there is to the set. So the bonuses alone are not a reason to use them.

Maybe I'm just tired, or me quitting has taken it's toll, but I just don't see a place where this could ever be useful, even a little bit :/

Brews heal more, uni's heal more

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail too see how giving an easy to kill boss, the best armour in the game, is a good update.

This armour WOULD be better than spirit shields, which are only dropped from a level 785.

How do you know? All you know is that it would boost hitpoints and be worn. How do you know how large the boost would be? How do you know that it would have enough defense to make the boost in hitpoints worthwhile? Did you get this insight from the same screenshot the rest of us have seen?

You are saying it "WOULD" be better without ANY evidence whatsoever. Everything at this point is just speculation really.

And spirit shields are dropped by other monsters, the sigils are dropped by the corp. Think before you post.

Sigils aren't a shield. Think before you post.

Seeing as you can get one hit with the current armour, more HP would stop this. Looking at the leaked page, looks like it will be attached to bandos, therefore have goodish defence.

Whatever; KQ sucks, should create a new boss, I'm going to play in the snow.

No, you said the corp is the only monster that drops spirit shields. This is false. You cannot get one hit with the current armor by another player, maybe by anything now thanks to the defense update. And just because it was mentioned near bandos does not mean that it will have good defense. Rune is mentioned on the same KB page as bronze, yet we do not infer that bronze will have near as good stats as rune.

Please, every single one of your arguments is based on either a fallacy or incorrect information.

I'm done arguing with you, your facts are crap, you fail to comprehend my posts, and (small personal jab) you have new[bleep] memes in your siggy and avatar.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Now maybe it's because I woke up 10 seconds ago, but I for the life of me cannot see any real use for this armor...? This assumes JaGex is.. well... JaGex, and the armor will have low stats/boosts.

PVP: MAYBE for someone rushing you, but knowing jagex, the 50lp boost wont help much, if at all. Other then that, you don't safe, if you do, people tend to run.

PVM: Slayer? No, Bandos. Training? No, Void. Corp? No, Karil's. Bandos? No, Bandos, It's not even possible to get combo'd for 990lp there. Sara? No, same as Bandos. Zammy? No, Karils if tanking, Bandos if not, can't get 990'd. Tanking anything? No, when will you ever tank anything that can 990 you as of now, let alone 1159 (?) with a brew?

Knowing JaGex, it will have terribly low defensive bonuses, most likely less than 50, and the boost will probably be less than 100-50 lp with the body/legs, assuming that's all there is to the set. So the bonuses alone are not a reason to use them.

Maybe I'm just tired, or me quitting has taken it's toll, but I just don't see a place where this could ever be useful, even a little bit :/

Safe Clan Wars where people fight in best gear is one place that comes to mind.

Also: brews heal lifepoints with 15%, this armour would mean brews heal more per sip? Just speculation though... :???:

If it does have terrible low defense bonuses, there is no reason at all to use it, correct.

(but why would they release subpar armour, most likely with the long-awaited smithing update)

Well first off, Safe Clan Wars is absolutely useless, along with... Any safe PVP.

I didn't think of that, maybe Brews/Uni do heal more while wearing that armor, but we don't know for sure yet.

They release sub-par armor all the time, lmao. When was the last time they released something better then the spirit shields/bandos/chaotics? Hell, you can look back as far as Barrows and say they have the best bonuses in the game defense wise, and even use wise, and other then the ones listed above, everything else is sub-par.

Sumondskull6.png

Slightly off topic, but the guy who posted that KQ vid to show she's easy is a moron. The very fact that killing the KQ with no food is impressive shows how much easier she is than Bandos or Zammy. In a typical Bandos or Zammy solo, a good player will kill SEVERAL of each boss with no food just because they lucked out. It's MUCH harder to do at KQ, because her ranged and magic are stupidly accurate. I've soloed Bandos and KQ quite a lot (trying for that damn head), and I can say without a doubt that KQ is MUCH, MUCH harder than Bandos.

Not to say the KQ is OMFG SO HARD, but she's not a joke like the lesser GWD bosses.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

To the above post (sumondskull6)^, it doesn't mean they WON'T release better armour.

Chaotics happend less than a year ago, defence soaking less than a month ago.

Seems like they're heading in the right direction imo.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Well first off, Safe Clan Wars is absolutely useless, along with... Any safe PVP.

Safe clan wars is the only place where real tribriding can happen lol

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

If they revamp the smithing table and add torva as an ore as well as a monster drop then it could fall in line to be equivalent to dragon defense wise or maybe one tier above.

Low_C.png

May not even be a new line of armour. Could be that the 'torva' is a mineable ore which is to be added to already existing armour, providing them with additional benefits. It may not even be better than existing armour; the penalty for LP boosting could be worse defence/penalties for offensive stats.

There's too much implication in this thread that this armour will be better than all currently available, and that it will be executed through MHing. The leak says the GWD, not 'gained by killing Graar'.

What prevents you from tribriding on a pvp world or a bounty world?

(I don't pvp, just fyi)

And if that is true, then what's your point? There is no reward, no gain, no improvement to your account by doing so. It's really just a waste of runes, food, and ammo.

Sumondskull6.png

(I don't pvp, just fyi)

And if that is true, then what's your point? There is no reward, no gain, no improvement to your account by doing so. It's really just a waste of runes, food, and ammo.

cost... you're not gonna bring chaotic set and 200M in gear lol. range isn't gonna beat mage in dhide

sigcopyaf.png

May not even be a new line of armour. Could be that the 'torva' is a mineable ore which is to be added to already existing armour, providing them with additional benefits. It may not even be better than existing armour; the penalty for LP boosting could be worse defence/penalties for offensive stats.

There's too much implication in this thread that this armour will be better than all currently available, and that it will be executed through MHing. The leak says the GWD, not 'gained by killing Graar'.

Those brave warriors who choose to spend their time in battle with the ancient armies of the god wars may be lucky enough to find some of Bandos's stunningly heavy armour, or perhaps even some life point-boosting torva armour.

Yeah, why assume that just because it SPECIFICALLY STATES that you have to "battle with the ancient armies of the god wars" to find torva armor, that means we have to battle with GWD denizens to get it? That's only exactly what the leak says, guys, c'mon.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

I don't recall being able to mine inside of GWD?

In fact, last I checked, the ONLY thing you can do in GWD is... Kill [cabbage].

Sumondskull6.png

(I don't pvp, just fyi)

cost... you're not gonna bring chaotic set and 200M in gear lol.

As far as I'm concerned "real" tribriding is using 3 different attack styles... Just because someone isn't willing to risk 200m + 3 chaotics doesn't mean he isn't tribriding.

range isn't gonna beat mage in dhide

How wont someone using range beat a mage while the ranger is using dhide (I think that's what you were saying?), what could he possibly use that would make THAT much of a difference? Karil's or Armadyl? The difference is so negligible, I hardly see it as an argument. Oh, also, CXB... You'd be hitting the mage nearly every time as is, would it matter if you had the CXB anyways..?

Sumondskull6.png

Gods are capitalised in standard nomenclature. Torva isn't. It would appear contradictory, therefore foolish to assume anything no matter how heavily it's implied.

All I'm saying is you're speculating. Nothing more. These threads do nothing more than contribute to false rumours and Chinese whispers, which lead to rants when the update inevitably falls short of everyone's exacting expectations. I'm willing to bet the very same people speculating in this thread will be the people saying, "This update is useless," sure as night follows day.

All we know is, there will be life-boosting armour, and it will involve the GWD somehow. That's it. We don't even know what "life-point boosting" actually means. Slow restoration, boosting beyond 990... the language is ambiguous.

Gods are capitalised in standard nomenclature. Torva isn't. It would appear contradictory, therefore foolish to assume anything no matter how heavily it's implied.

All I'm saying is you're speculating. Nothing more. These threads do nothing more than contribute to false rumours and Chinese whispers, which lead to rants when the update inevitably falls short of everyone's exacting expectations. I'm willing to bet the very same people speculating in this thread will be the people saying, "This update is useless," sure as night follows day.

All we know is, there will be life-boosting armour, and it will involve the GWD somehow. That's it. We don't even know what "life-point boosting" actually means. Slow restoration, boosting beyond 990... the language is ambiguous.

Who said torva was a God? We don't know what it is.

Yes, probably, because it probably will be useless. Why on earth would that mean we/they can't speculate?

More specifically than just involving the GWD somehow, we know it will involve battling creatures in the GWD. Because that's what the one sentence we have says.

This was originally discussed in the Damage/Hitsplat update thread. Not sure why it's getting its own thread but heyo! I won't believe it until I see it. The only thing I'm hoping that this image is showing is that we can obtain completed torva items from bosses but I hold onto the vain hope that the smithing rework will still happen. That we could get this material/thing/whatever from places other than boss hunting. Although it won't happen at the end of the year like the Runefest leaks implied (goes to show you that you can't believe everything you hear from the mouth of a mod).

All I care is about the smithing rework. GWD is a lost cause to me unless I go with a group, and even then it's frustrating and tedious.

hzvjpwS.gif

Jagex has stated before that they had developed items without ways of releasing them (dragon defender) and so just because it torva was tied to god wars in the KB doesn't mean it will be released that way. We don't really KNOW anything. Even the fact that it was mentioned doesn't mean it will be released. It's all rather vague and uncertain speculation.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Well, maybe it is related to the frozen door :P

That's what I'm hoping, honestly. A new boss, a new monster, a new something!

Just realized I hit 1k post count like 2 posts ago? :P

It's worth mentioning that this was just discovered today (courtesy of the fine fellow who found it in the other thread): 16-17-646-62037353

Right so as of 20/12/2010, a hidden update was added to the Frozen Door inside the God Wars Dungeon. It shakes and tremble with some sort of power and voices come from within the doors!

It even has an open option.

This thread is still a WIP whilst we work it all out. Join us! World 100 - Scryers Chat

1. Voices

2. Open Option testing

-------- Voices --------

The door immits the following voices...

"Give me the power of Shadow!"

"The shadows lie in me forever!"

"All those who oppose us will perish!"

"My revenge will be great!"

-------- Open Option --------

Try to figure out a way to open the door.

hzvjpwS.gif

Nice photoshop, I like how you tied it into the frozen door at god wars.

Makes it sound more believable. :thumbup:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Nice photoshop, I like how you tied it into the frozen door at god wars.

Makes it sound more believable. :thumbup:

Also possible. But considering the TC wasn't the creator of the object (since we've seen it many times prior to this) it would be in your best interest to think before you post, as they wouldn't have been the one to create it if it were fake.

hzvjpwS.gif

The general speculation, for the moment, appears that because the word "torva" is not capitalized, like "rune" is not capitalized in the KB -- it might be a new "material" from which one might manufacture armour and possibly weapons.

That said -- and I am not necessarily complaining -- but do we REALLY need MORE melee armour in the game at this moment in time? Really? :rolleyes:

Perhaps "torva" might be a form of range or, heaven forbid, mage armour, though I entirely doubt it ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png