US government repeals DADT

obfuscator

Well yeah, the way the policy was designed it allowed gay people to serve in the army...a convenient loophole.

Loophole:

an ambiguity (especially one in the text of a law or contract) that makes it possible to evade a difficulty or obligation

DADT:

Don't ask, don't tell (DADT) is the common term for the policy restricting the United States military from efforts to discover or reveal closeted gay, lesbian, and bisexual service members or applicants.

Of couse now it's been repealed, you americans can force everyone out of the closet and throw it in their friends faces till they resent them, yay. :rolleyes:

They can still keep it to themselves if they wish.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of couse now it's been repealed, you americans can force everyone out of the closet and throw it in their friends faces till they resent them, yay. :rolleyes:

Lol reading comprehension etc etc

Also a funny video

http://gawker.com/5716043/barney-frank-makes-a-fool-out-of-conservative-reporter-over-dont-ask-dont-tell

yes.png

Also a funny video

http://gawker.com/5716043/barney-frank-makes-a-fool-out-of-conservative-reporter-over-dont-ask-dont-tell

I admit, the nonchalance surrounding that particular issue somewhat confuses me. If people are really so in control of their urges that it's a non issue, why don't we have men and women showering together?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Well yeah, the way the policy was designed it allowed gay people to serve in the army...a convenient loophole.

Loophole:

an ambiguity (especially one in the text of a law or contract) that makes it possible to evade a difficulty or obligation

DADT:

Don't ask, don't tell (DADT) is the common term for the policy restricting the United States military from efforts to discover or reveal closeted gay, lesbian, and bisexual service members or applicants.

I have a feeling you don't have a very understanding grasp of this situation. Is ok.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Also a funny video

I don't get how it is funny, maybe it's an inside joke for people who search for videos about men showering.

Leylen.png

Also a funny video

I admit, the nonchalance surrounding that particular issue somewhat confuses me. If people are really so in control of their urges that it's a non issue, why don't we have men and women showering together?

Barney Frank's reasoning isn't that clever, the reporter just couldn't think of anything to say. Doesn't make the former right. The thing is you know when you're showering with someone of the opposite sex, whereas you don't know when you're showering with a gay person of the same sex.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Also a funny video

Barney Frank's reasoning isn't that clever, the reporter just couldn't think of anything to say. Doesn't make the former right. The thing is you know when you're showering with someone of the opposite sex, whereas you don't know when you're showering with a gay person of the same sex.

Yet if you think about it, would not those signs be there? I mean, I wouldn't want to shower with women (well i'd rather not shower with anyone tbh) because I'd think it would be pretty obvious there's an attraction there...

polvCwJ.gif

Also a funny video

Yet if you think about it, would not those signs be there? I mean, I wouldn't want to shower with women (well i'd rather not shower with anyone tbh) because I'd think it would be pretty obvious there's an attraction there...

Right. All women are attracted to you, just like all gay guys are attracted to you.

It's a scary world out there.

Thank God we have Pelosi.

and gay people.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

I fail to understand why it's such a big deal. Logistically there are problems to overcome. Maybe we have to find a way to increase the privacy individual service-members have at all times. Maybe we have to require that like women, gay service members can not serve in direct combat roles if they are openly gay (because it is frequently impossible in said roles to provide much privacy at all, and many service members are not going to be comfortable with wondering if their gay foxhole-mate secretly wishes that they were more than trench buddies). Nonetheless, I see absolutely no problem with not viewing sexual orientation as a barrier to service to one's country.

"He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he can not lose."

--Jim Elliot

"You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England. I did not then see what is now the most shining and obvious thing; the Divine humility which will accept a convert even on such terms. The Prodical Son at least walked home on his own two feet. But who can duly adore that love which will open the high gates to a prodigal who is brought in kicking, struggling, resentful, and darting his eyes in every direction for a chance of escape? The words compelle intrare, compel them to come in, have been so abused by wicked men that we shudder at them; but, properly understood, they plumb the depth of the Divine mercy. The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation."

--C.S.Lewis

Why would you back down from showering with women if you were proud of your sexuality? You enjoy being around naked women, why be ashamed of it, these are natural responses that should not bring forth shame

Why would you back down from showering with women if you were proud of your sexuality? You enjoy being around naked women, why be ashamed of it, these are natural responses that should not bring forth shame

Nonetheless virtually all humans of either gender would experience shame. Proscription has to take into account the real nature of the situation, or else it will fail.

"He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he can not lose."

--Jim Elliot

"You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England. I did not then see what is now the most shining and obvious thing; the Divine humility which will accept a convert even on such terms. The Prodical Son at least walked home on his own two feet. But who can duly adore that love which will open the high gates to a prodigal who is brought in kicking, struggling, resentful, and darting his eyes in every direction for a chance of escape? The words compelle intrare, compel them to come in, have been so abused by wicked men that we shudder at them; but, properly understood, they plumb the depth of the Divine mercy. The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation."

--C.S.Lewis

I'd just like to point out while the repeal has went through, it has not yet actually been repealed. You can still be discharged from the military for being gay right now. They're waiting for the "right time" to actually implement it.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

If I was in the military, I wouldn't tell anyone. Not for the longest time after it is declared officially repealed.

As a gay guy who's currently in the process on joining the military (Basic is in March, and not, thankfully, the US one) I'm probably rather bias, but it doesn't seem to have effected the efficency or fighting ability of our armed forces to any degree. Admittedly, we have a rather more liberal society than some parts of the US - so that probably plays a role.

Undoubtedly, militaries the world over have a pretty macho culture, but people suck it up (no pun intended) and do their job.

I'd just like to point out while the repeal has went through, it has not yet actually been repealed. You can still be discharged from the military for being gay right now. They're waiting for the "right time" to actually implement it.

Actually the new law just hasn't gone into effect yet. Generally in the United States, laws are set to take effect at some specific future date, and if I remember correctly this one will take effect in January, 2012. Congress gave the brass a little time to work out the logistics of the change. Don't worry, the US Armed Services will figure out how to impliment it and will be in full compliance long before the deadline. I suspect that in units where there are not moralle problems related to homosexuality, discharges may already have stopped, though I can not swear to that.

--Jim Elliot

--C.S.Lewis

Also a funny video

Right. All women are attracted to you, just like all gay guys are attracted to you.

Didn't even see this post till now :o

All straight women are attracted to men - not to me specifically. The same goes for gay guys.

If we don't shower with women, why should we shower with gay men?

Personally, I like my privacy, and would rather not shower with anyone (male or female, straight or gay).

polvCwJ.gif

Also a funny video

Didn't even see this post till now :o

All straight women are attracted to men - not to me specifically. The same goes for gay guys.

If we don't shower with women, why should we shower with gay men?

Personally, I like my privacy, and would rather not shower with anyone (male or female, straight or gay).

Some call me the Post Ninja. Others don't live long enough to name me at all.

Public co-ed showers/bathrooms are not that uncommon, you know. Yeah, ideally, we'd all have our own shower. Each of us would have one to ourselves, that is.

If these guys were really that manly, they would be able to deal with a bit of theoretical eyeballing.

Not that uncommon, sure...hardly the norm though. While i'm sure many take it as a compliment, many find it uncomfortable - and their wishes need to be respected as much as anyone elses. Personally, I'd find it just as uncomfortable showering with women as I would with gay men...

polvCwJ.gif

Not that uncommon, sure...hardly the norm though. While i'm sure many take it as a compliment, many find it uncomfortable - and their wishes need to be respected as much as anyone elses. Personally, I'd find it just as uncomfortable showering with women as I would with gay men...

It's really just the distraction of it that is a problem. Anything which takes a soldier's mind out of the fight--even for a moment--can get him or her killed. Anything which gives a soldier reason to wonder about whether his trench-buddy really has his back--even if the wonder is baseless--will damage unit cohesion, and make the unit less effective. In the end, we'll make a way through because in the USAF, all branches are very good at adapting to new situations.

--Jim Elliot

--C.S.Lewis

Why can't we all just get along and shower naked :|

-------------

On a more serious note, am I the only one who see's the pros and cons of this argument?

bro i'm the resident gay of tip.it. So I'm not sure which side YOU'RE talking about. teehee.