Vestra Imperiosus Civitas

paul191600

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-One with thin leaves, along with small blue flowers.

-Another with a large head of seeds, turning a slight yellow.

-A short shrub, with large oval leaves, and tiny white flowers. Large, strange lumps at the roots.

Guessing:

Flax

Wheat/Barley/Rye/Millet

And the hard one, which may be Snakeroot, Dogweed, Viburnum, Rhododendron, Leucophyllum or any host of other flowers.

Anywho:

1. A Florist/Garderner/Farmer is charged with identifying useful proposes for these/Names, they are continually replanted, with some seed kept in reserve to test on and so a bad crop doesn't wipe everything out.

2. A team of experianced woodsmen, along with Greg's Braves, are dispatched to the Wood Node and are instructed to begin building a camp there(The actual settlers will be dispatched later.)

3. The wood chips are ground down to Wood dust and suspended in water, in the containers.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

-Actions- (Events to come soon)

Retech:

1. The team of carpenters gets to work on the carts, with a few of them making a small stockpile of stone axes. The carts will take some time to finish, however. -2 wood, -1 stone

2. The foraging team heads up towards the mountain, looking for any additional stone to harvest.

3. Extensive plank-making operations begins, with the team setting off to the lumber camp. The youth and women of the camp continue performing menial tasks, making little progress in the overall effort.

Mask:

1. Your settlers tell you that there is a large forest near the campsite, but not much else in terms of resources. They get to work harvesting the wood for the new camp.

2. Frank tells you that crafting clothing and armor out of the newly discovered "leather" is ideal, but tells you that he needs more hide to process.

3. Your craftsmen take 2 units of wood, using them to make a variety of wooden spears. -2 wood

Icu:

1. A large feast is held in honor of Tsukune, boosting the general moral of the village and the reserve forces.

2 (not an action). The initial building of the palisade and granaries begin, starting with the base foundation. -15 wood, -5 stone.

3. Tsukune and his men head out to find the source of the strange noises, being enveloped in the mist on the horizon.

4. One of the village craftsmen begins to study the reeds, attempting to process it into a material suitable for recording figures.

Mather:

1. An axe-making competition is held, with most of the competition being blown away by one craftsman. The axe made is considerably sharper and larger than that of the competition.

2. Your craftsmen cut up some of the hide, offering it to the camp's weaver to experiment with. Most of the hide is wasted, but a crude net is made. -5 hide

3. Various men and women of the camp begin preparations to depart, packing their belongings and assembling tents. Your scouts tell you an area to the northeast of the camp seemed prime for settling down.

Earth:

1. A camp is set up at the stone site, with the workers harvesting the stone.

2. Tam begins to work with the leather provided at his dwelling. -10 leather

3. The stoneworker is given 7 units of stone, to aid in the research process. -7 stone

4. After searching for some time, you decided that you cannot find anyone suitable for leading the guard forces.

5. The scouting team heads out, taking note of your orders.

Rocco:

1. The roof of the longhouse is constructed, although some of the wood was poorly used in terms of efficiency. -7 wood

2. A few villagers take the nets, heading off to the river.

3. A crude device for the holding of fire begins being constructed out by the longhouse. -3 stone (You know of fire, but not how to make it.)

Ross:

(Banked)

Archi:

1. You find a farmer who is willing to do such a task. He asks you if there is any particular name that you wish to call him by.

2. The Braves set off for the previously-scouted woods with a team of workers, tasked with setting up a small encampment there.

3. Some of your workers begin grinding the wood chips with the strange device in the village, before placing them in the water-filled containers

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Banking all actions, which brings me up to 5 banked.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

1 - Allow Frank access to however much leather he needs.

2 - Have people train with the spears, see if the best among them would be interested in forming a permanent group (Whether for hunting or war). If possible, have them or whoever else isn't bad with them train every able citizen in at least the basics.

1 The winner of the competition is awarded with the title of Minister of Craftmanship, he is to be an advisor and is asked to share his tenchnique with the other craftsmen.

2 A group of vilagers are told to bring spears to the lake to fish and to set up the net across one of the points where a river enters.

3 The scouts are given spears and the competition winner's axe and are told to lead the settlers to the place they decided on and set up a camp there.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I'll wait for my report before I post actions

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Going to post events tomorrow at around 10-11PM GMT. Sorry for the delay. Actions will still be done, resets, etc etc.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

1. Another team is sent to gather the white stone, as well as any regular stone found along the way

2. Another 8 units of wood are split into planks.

3. The bird pen is relocated away from sleeping areas and pens are built within it.

4. The yellow fruit seeds are tended to (Can I consider this a running actions, so I don't need to use an action on it every day?)

5. Flint and leftover wood shavings from the plank making is use to try to make fire.

6. The crystal inside the white stone is examined for any odd properties, hardness, average size, etc.

4 actions banked

2Xeo5.png

I guess I bank two actions.

My only action is the invention of fire. Look at Rocco's method.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

-Events / Reports- (1 hour to revise actions)

Japan:

One of your artisans returns with the strange lump of matter, declaring it to be some sort of "metal", a newly formed concept. He tells you that the metal has been decided to be named copper. However, they have trouble working the lump into any useful product.

Tsukune's scouting party returns, but tell you that no source of the strange noise was found.

Resources gained:

+2 food

+12 wood

+15 stone

Kaol:

Resources gained:

+2 food

Belgium:

You receive word from a messenger that the new campsite has been completed, and that the villagers await your next word. (+1 action per turn, +1 action "bank" cap)

Some of your advisers note that your villagers are beginning to have a hard time finding the space to store surplus food.

Resources gained:

+2 food

+3 flax

+8 wood

+4 planks

+7 stone

Vale:

The villagers tasked with fishing return, beaten and disturbed. They tell you that their group was attacked by a few men using wooden spears.

A band of traveling nomads appears outside your camp, telling you that grow weary of traveling, and wish to settle down for good. One of them says they come bearing gifts, showing you a small, golden lump.

Resources gained:

+2 food

+8 wood

+7 stone

Elysium:

Some of your advisers note that your villagers are beginning to have a hard time finding the space to store surplus food.

Resources gained:

+2 food

+11 wood

+10 stone

Phantoris:

Resources gained:

+2 food

+9 wood

Blade:

Your scouting party returns, but they lack any animals, stating that none were to be found.

A craftsman brings you a sharp stone axe, telling you that an improved technique has been discovered for stone tools.

Your food stores are full, and as a result some of the surplus food is wasted.

Resources gained:

+1 food

+13 stone

Dusavi:

The villagers tasked with taming the strange animals return, telling you they have succeeded in domesticating them, as well as discovering some of the uses for said animal.

Resources gained:

+2 food

TUBULAR BELLS!

WAIT

I thought cities gave me three actions? That's why I built a new city, but why is it just a campsite?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Okay..

1.I ask for a building team to contruct some food storage areas.

2. The axe, and others like it, is set aside for later use in an 'armory'

3. I send out another team to find recources that could be used in construction and such.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

WAIT

I thought cities gave me three actions? That's why I built a new city, but why is it just a campsite?

Campsite is just another word for tier 1 cities in this era. I'm only giving 1 action at this time to judge how overwhelming it will be once everyone starts building new cities, so it is staying at 1 for now. Subject to change.

TUBULAR BELLS!

Couldn't you have told me that before I put my entire strategy on cities? :(

Will it double my production then?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

REVISED ACTIONS

1. Another team is sent to gather the white stone, as well as any regular stone found along the way

2. Another 8 units of wood are split into planks.

3. The bird pen is relocated away from sleeping areas and pens are built within it.

4. The yellow fruit seeds are tended to (Can I consider this a running actions, so I don't need to use an action on it every day?)

5. Flint and leftover wood shavings from the plank making is use to try to make fire.

6. The crystal inside the white stone is examined for any odd properties, hardness, average size, etc.

7. More raised food storage sheds are built.

3 actions banked

2Xeo5.png

1: The man working on the bow is given any materials he needs with his work

2: Banked

3: Banked

2: An inquiry is sent out to find out the success of the various bands that were sent out to gather materials.

LNYvk.png

(Taking tomorrow off due to HnH and being burned out from school)

Grim (Forgot to add your resource gathering report for some reason, here it is)

+8 stone

+12 wood

+7 fibrous material

+2 food

1. The man working with the bow is given 3 units of flax and 6 units of wood to aid in his research. -3 fibrous material, -6 wood

(2, 3 Banked)

Rocco:

1. You instruct your scholars to begin testing ways to make fire.

2. The settlers appear to have no weapons on them, and tell you that they have been wandering around the lands for some time. They seem eager to finally have a place to stay.

3. Your villagers begin using 15 units of wood to construct a crude palisade wall, but it is rather short, and ineffective in some areas. -15 wood

Mask:

1. Frank takes 3 units of hide, tanning them for leather.

2. About 11 men stand out while training with the spears, and they agree to be on the reserves, if you so wish.

3. Your villagers use 10 units of wood to construct a crude granary, but there is not enough wood left for any additional houses.

Mather:

(Your hunters brought back 9 hide)

1. The craftsman is honored by your gesture, and begins teaching the other crafters his techniques immediately. He asks you by what name you will call him.

2. The villagers do as you instruct, setting up a little fishing camp.

3. Your scouts take up arms, leading a group of villagers to set up a small camp at the prime location by the lake. However, they require resources and food to make a permanent dwelling.

Icu:

1. Your thinkers and scholars begin testing different methods on how to make their own fire.

(2,3 Banked)

Earth:

1. Your villagers take 10 units of wood, using them to construct a small granary.

2. The axes are set aside in a small storage wigwam for later use.

3. A scouting team heads off into the forest, looking for any resources.

(@ Retech: It helps you tap a local area for resources better, potentially another source of food income, expands your influence, and other small details)

Archi:

Banked

Ross:

1. An additional team is sent to gather the stone, along with anything interesting along the way.

2. Your villagers split the 8 units of wood into planks, but much of it ends up being scrapped due to poor work. +4 planks, -8 wood

3. The bird pens are moved, and your villagers hastily build a new area for the pens.

4. (Yes) Your farmers tend to the seeds.

5. Some of your villagers begin fiddling with the wood shavings and some stone, trying to discover the mysteries of fire.

6. The whole inside of the white stone seems to be shimmering, as if it is the source. The surface glows all the colors you have ever seen. It seems just as hard as any ordinary rock.

7. Your villagers work on extending the raised food stores, building a few more units. -5 wood.

TUBULAR BELLS!

How about... Skaara?

1 A small group of people are given axes and told to chop down a few trees, chop them into shorter logs and bring them back.

2 Some elders and young people are gathered in a tent and told to come up with an idea that uses how some shapes roll better than others.

3 The net is checked for trapped fish and the fishermen begin looking for a good place to stand by the edge and stab the fish with their spears.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I guess the granary and palisade are finished off (action or not?)

Resources

25 Stone

18 Lumber

1 Copper

10 Reeds

(So I should have enough)

1. I scout out for some fibrous materials, as nets and such are quite vital.

2. I give out some wood to some scholars, who're told that they should use the idea of the wheel to attatch it to a sort of 'cart' which will be able to carry people or materials. I tell them it should be made to pulled by an animal, as no human would be strong enough.

3. I give stone to some other scholars, who're to invent a smooth surface for them to travel upon. These are called roads.

4. I get scouts to look for a source of domestic animals, ones that aren't so dangerous but look strong. (Horses, cows, chickens, and such. As they generally hang out in packs)

It's a REALLY big shaft.

1. String and Thread is researched by rolling sinews/nettles/other fiberous whatsits together.

2. Elijah is told to invent needles (aka, using rocks to smash other rocks into thin, pointy shards...Or using rocks to file bones to size.)

3+4. Whole sale stone collection is embarked upon.

5+6. Milita training begins. Everyone is educated in how to throw a stone. To this end ghost stories are invented to spread a lively sense of fear(Ghosts have one weakness, stone :rolleyes: )

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.