Vestra Imperiosus Civitas

paul191600

Due to a mix-up on my side, cycles will reset around 8:00AM GMT. I will post reports for the civilizations before this time, so that scouting reports will come before people post their new actions.

Earth:

1. A group of lumberjacks is sent out to begin larger-scale harvesting in the forest. They will return within the next cycle.

2. You assemble another small scouting party, emphasizing the need for stone. The whole lot of them look rather sickly, but they go on with the voyage, fading away in the dense fog.

Nex:

1. You send any able-bodied citizens on a foraging mission. The citizens have no quarrel about this, and quickly assemble in a large group, heading out. Before long, small groups of citizens return with chunks of stone, and large broken branches. One particular citizen reports that it is worth looking into a better source of stone near the river. +5 stone, +3 wood.

2. Most of the populace seem rather put off at the hint of doing seemingly useless work. Mothers grip their children, citing that doing such activities would be unsafe. The few that do partake in such activites are bumbling and clumbsy, wrecking a few tents in the process.

Nero (didn't see the actions edited in)

1. You discuss the prospect of a device called the "wheel" with a few fellow scholars, and they seem to accept the idea. They begin tinkering with circular objects, along with testing the various properties of local materials. Before long, they request that you aid their research by providing some basic materials, such as wood or stone.

2. Your finest scouts are sent out to the western lands, searching for resources and civilization.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, wait. They already do that stuff, they're a nomadic civilization. And haven't they heard of exercise? :P

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

-Reports and events-

All cities on fertile grasslands recieve 2 units of food.

Kaol:

Both exploration parties arrive safely back, reporting their finds. The first party reports breathtaking mountain range to the west of camp, but have no reports on any unusual or new resources. The second scouting party reports that they traveled north, coming upon a thick jungle. They report sightings of small shelters, and signs of human life, but no contact was made. The second scouting party was also unable to map the location of the sightings due to the thick jungle.

The Kaol Braves return, carrying 10 units of wood. They remark on the quality of the wood, along with the abundance at the site. Some wonder if perhaps it would be a good place to set up a small lumber camp.

Dakara:

The hunting clan returns, arms full of furs and meat. Ansgar reports that there is a large herd of deer near the lake, and that the hunt was a huge success.

+1 food, +4 hides

Belgium:

The seeds obtained from the fibrous plant grow well, producing a small crop on the outskirts of your village.

Vale:

Your scouting party returns in once piece, telling you of their findings. They tell you of the strange "dirt" near the river which a villager also reported, but more importantly, of a cave entrance due south of the village. Although they could not see far in the cave, one of the scouts proclaims that a rock he hurled in did not make a sound.

Elysium:

Your scouting party returns, although they seem somewhat disturbed. They report sightings of human remains to the east of the village. On a more positive note, they tell you of a brilliant white stone at the river to the northeast of your village. A crude map is given with the location.

(Event)- Shortly after the scouting party returns, a crazed citizen comes running nearby, screaming some incomprehensible statements. One of your right-hand men goes to investigate the situation, returning shortly after, his face pale. He tells you that a severed human head was found at the village outskirts, although no villagers had been reported as missing.

Phantoris:

The lumberjack and hunting teams arrive back at camp, with resources. The lumberjack team hauls 7 units of wood, stating that a location with thicker woods is needed for better harvests. The hunting team hauls back 10 hide, telling you stories of a creature similar to deer, although much larger, and harder to take down.

Talamh na fir olc:

The fishermen return from the lake, showing you their large catch from spearfishing. +.5 food.

Blade:

After much waiting, a single member of your scouting party returns, beaten up and mangled. He tells the village horror stories of feral wolves tearing apart his peers. He promptly passes out.

The woodcutting team returns, hauling back several large logs. They seems content with the location used, and ask for your orders. +9 wood

Mongolia:

Only half of your scouts return, malnourished and weak. They tell you of a fertile grassland to the east, and mountains backing your small encampment. Stone is plentiful to the slight west, and some grazing animals were spotted due east.

Dusavi:

The first scouting party returns, telling you of strange animals, with fluffy, white fur grazing on the grassland to the west of your village. The villagers also return from the small forest expidition, finding...wood. No other important discoveries were made.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

4. stone is gathered from the white rock area.

5. stone axes are created to make gathering wood easier.

6. raised tents are erected to make storing food easier (Basically a platform on stilts with a tent over it)

7. the fruit is stored in this tent, but beforehand the seeds are taken out and kept safe.

8. basic stone farming tools are created.

9. using the stone axes, the log is split into planks, making it strecth further.

10. crude spears are fashioned from rocks and sticks. Everyone is told to carry means to defend themselves, and that any and all abnormal activity is to be reported.

11. Another scouting party is sent to look for any signs of fighting or bloodshed. They are armed with spears if possible, or stone axes, or, if those are unavailable, just clubs.

5 actions banked.

Amended version.

2Xeo5.png

After talking with Paul on MSN, he gave me my scout report:

Your scouts find some large outcrops of rocks to the north near the river, and report a strange, glittering hill a few miles east of the village

Updated actions:

1 - With the setup of the village complete, a celebration is held to commerate the hard work of the villagers. Food is shared evenly throughout and everyone is told to bring atleast one dish to the ceremony. This will hopefully show adept cooks and get people to think outside of the box when cooking food.

2 - A scouting party is formed and sent to look for a forest for a steady lumber supply.

3 - Households are told to begin the construction of small scale farms on their properties, they're given lower quality seeds and bland foods, such as the potato (yes you can do a lot with a potato but they don't taste that nice unless you know what you're doing, and they probably don't, but they're still edible). The food grown from here is to supply households in crises, incase of a harsh winter, or crop failiure, or the household is unable to recieve food from the village farmers. (This is a project and will take a little while to do, probably a few turns, you can tell me how long.) Reason 1 - Depedency on a system like a village farm that can fail can easily be averted with this, 2 - Starvation is a serious threat, so stockpiling will push us through harsh winter months, 3 - Food is important, people want a lot of it.

4 - The village farm is setup near the river on a hopefully good soil to begin farming. These farms are given higher quality seeds, that the foragers deem safe. These include fruits and such and will be what farmers are able to trade. (As our economy works like this, Frank is a stonemason, but wants some logs for a fire, but Jim is a lumberjack, but wants a stone axe for his work, thus they're able to trade services, this applies to pretty much all professions, hopefully giving a surplus in artisans and professions in the village)

5 - The stronger men of the village are split up into two teams, team one are to go out locate trees near the village to chop down for lumber (Action 2 is more further from the village) and the other group go to the rocky outcrop and harvest the stone.

6 - Research into the domestication of animals is underway, for milk, animal power, meat, transport and general morale boost.

7 - Brave foragers are given a special toast and are then sent out to look for edible plants, if they're poisoned looking for such things then the plants are documented, also if they survive we look into ways to start curing poisonous effects of said plants.

8 - We look for reed materials to begin construction of nets and such which are then setup in forests and tied to the bank of the fast flowing river to catch fish and forest animals.

9 - Keiichi is instructed with any stone he recieves to construct general tools for construction and gathering purposes.

10 - Research into a circlular tool that could be used for transport or grinding is underway (the wheel)

11 - Research into improved masonry goes underway, this is so structures can be made out of stone and thus be improved in durability, also they look much nicer.

12 - A group is sent to checkout the hill to the east, the group is guarded.

My last remaining action is banked :D

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

1.Seeds are divided into groups and stored, with one from each group being planted. A record is kept of what seed does what. :thumbup:

2+3. Action is banked to replenish my severly depleted supply. (I think that brings me to 6 actions in the bank)

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

1 A group of people are sent out to gather stones and fallen wood.

2 A trench is dug to bring water through the city and out into the nearest area of lower terrain.

3 Any gain from the hunting party is butchered and they are sent back out.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

1. Gathers together a group of men and sends them off to the nearby fertile grassland north-east of my location with a surveyor or some other kind of person, to survey the land. They should forage for fibrous material on the way and bring it back.

2. The dried fibrous materials are given to the pond guy who needed fibrous materials so that he can make his fishing net thing.

3. The resource gathering part of the village is broken into three portions based on specialty. One is sent to gather lumber, one is sent to gather more fibrous materials and hunt (to gain animal carcasses), and the last group is sent fishing with the new contraptions that the pond guy makes.

4. An idea is pitched to the smart people in the camp: (description of wheel). They are asked to work on that, and how to use it functionally (some sort of cart or something), using lumber that we have gathered.

5. Another idea is pitched to the smart people in the camp: (description of bows and arrows). They are asked to work on that with the fibrous material and lumber.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

1- Scouts are ordered to look for fibrous materials

2- Artisans are to create stone axes from the stone and wood.

3- Workers are to chop down a small number of near by trees.

4- A town watch is organised to warn of incoming attacks

5-Workers are to look for stone if at all possible.

6- The craftsmen are to begin research on the bow and arrow.

LNYvk.png

Actions remaining in cycle: 3

Actions in bank: 6

City: Brussels

Buildings

Granaries

Fibrous plant field

Resources

Three units of unknown fibrous plant

Four units of wood

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

1. Check what weapons we have, number, quality, and type.

2. Tell the lumberjacks to wait, if there are wolves, we need to deal with them before anything else happens.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Paul, they weren't an expedition to find wood, they were supposed to bring wood back. <_<

RIP Dawngate ;-;

1: Send scouts to search the area west of the settlement, priority seeds/harvestable plants and possible future settlement areas. Allow those who were on previous expeditions to rest, if possible.

2: Find a craftsman, ask what can be done with the hides.

saving 3, if possible.

RESOURCES:

7 wood

10 hide

Rocco... they know there's a forest and I sent them to gather wood. My other scouts actually brought some back, even though they weren't sent to get any.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

(Re-did the report for nex. For some reason I had it noted as a scouting mission)

The large group of citizens return, tugging a few logs along. They tell you the forest is lush and healthy, a perfect spot for continued operations. +9 wood

(To everyone else: the cycle reset may be pushed back to monday 8:00AM GMT, due to traveling times today. Moderating on an iPhone is a bit of a pain.)

TUBULAR BELLS!

You forgot to do my scouting party too :(

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

It's quite active if you think about it, and the anticipation of finding out what happens is what makes you hooked.

Things will pick up once we begin to meet, which will be invevitble, as we all picked places near eachother (except a few people).

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Don't count on it though. :twss:

Why not hop on the Dungeoneering bandwagon?

It's hard to mod a game as active as the original hegemonies Rocco, even this one is gonna take up at least an hour of Paul's time EVERY day. Also, I think you'll find it grows in pace exponentially.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

It's hard to mod a game as active as the original hegemonies Rocco, even this one is gonna take up at least an hour of Paul's time EVERY day. Also, I think you'll find it grows in pace exponentially.

This man speaks the truth.

It took about 4 hours of my time on the first day, between moderating, taking notes, and organizing a format to keep player / city information in. Hopefully it will be a bit quicker time-wise now that this is finished. If everything goes smoothly, I will allow 1-3 additional actions per city, depending on certain factors. Anyways, reports will be coming in around 11PM to 12AM GMT. Reset will be on Monday at 8:00AM GMT, as usual.

Front-page player info has been updated as well. (Report any mishaps)

TUBULAR BELLS!

First Action: A team of villagers is sent, with supplies of wood, to make a temporary fence around the fluffy animals.

Second Action: A small group of villagers are given the necessary tools to carve some of the wood into enough axes for the village. From now on, they will be referred to as wood-shapers (pah, carpenters, what a ridiculous title).

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I didn't. :D

RIP Dawngate ;-;