Vestra Imperiosus Civitas

paul191600

Ross:

4. As per your instructions, a small team of villagers assemble, heading off to the stone that the scouts spoke of. Shortly after the departure, a few villagers return, with some lumps of stone. They tell you that the majority of the group is still at the river, working at harvesting more stone. +2 stone

5,8. You instruct a local craftsman to make the best use of the stone gathered, and he gets busy, working the stone. After some time, the craftsman shows you his work, being several stone axes and some crude tools to work the earth. From the looks of it, he made the best use of the rather small amount of stone. -2 stone

6. Your villagers begin setting up poles for the raised tents, but realize that they lack any hide for the top. Instead, they use large leaves gathered from local flora to use as the roof.

7. Upon further examination, the strange yellow fruit seems to be completely composed of small, yellow seeds. Once removed, a fibrous husk is all that is left. The villagers decide to harvest all the dried seeds, keeping the moist ones on the husk. The dry seeds are stored in a safe location.

9. After explaining the concept of "planks" to a few villagers, they quickly get to work, splitting the logs. They perform exceptional work, stretching the amount of wood significantly. -3 logs, +7 planks.

10. Sticks and bits of sharp rock are scaveneged around the village, and handed to the local craftsman. Once again, he performs exceptional work, making a set of spears for the stronger men to use in case of an emergency. The other villagers take heed to your warnings, some donning thick branches as a form of defense.

11. The scouting party seems tense about the whole idea of going through potentially hostile territory, but they agree nonetheless. Several of them take the freshly-made spears, while others weild simple clubs. They set off, fading away into the misty jungle.

Icuownage:

1. You hold a grand feast for your village, with the villagers bringing some of their own culinary works. Most of them seem rather bland, but one man, named Shisho, displays a dish that pleases your tastebuds. The entire camp seems happy with the prospect of such a feast. -The potluck has been invented-

2. A scouting party is assembled, led by a man wearing a strange piece of fur on his head. They seem fairly compitent, and head off into the unknown.

3. You assemble many of the villagers in a meeting, discussing the issue of farms and food. After making your idea clear, most of them seem to agree with the concept, although a few mumble about not being good farmers. Once the meeting is over, everyone returns to their homes, some cultivating the ground, while others forage for seeds.

4. Your villagers find a large, fertile plot of land near the river, but lack the seeds required to start a larger farm.

5. The stronger villagers split into two teams, one heading towards the rocky outcrop, and the other scouting for wood. A few men return from the stone-gathering team, with a few large boulders as well as some shards of rock. They tell you that most of the team is still out harvesting. +3 stone

6. A few scouts are sent out to examine the behavior of animals, for domestication purposes. A villager suggests that supplying some captive animal may help speed up the process, however.

7. After searching the village for some time, you come across a small amount of villagers willing to forage for any useful herbs. A few of them don't seem to know much about plants in general, but volunteer anyways. After having a short toast, the group heads out towards the grasslands.

8. As you take a short stroll towards the river, you see some children playing with a few cattail reeds. You approach them, asking if they could harvset a large amount of these reeds, and they agree, seeing it as some sort of game. After a short period of time, the children return, arms full of reeds. +10 reeds

9. Keiichi takes the newly-gathered stone, retreating to his quarters. He later returns to you, showing some quality stone axes. -3 stone

10. After talking with Keiichi, you feel a sudden thud to your heel. You turn back, picking up a small, rounded stone. As you glance around, you spot a young man, laughing. He seems to share a concept of such a "wheel" similar to yours, telling you that he will continue to test his theories. Before leaving, he also tells that any donations of supplies would be put to good use.

11. Keiichi approaches you after hearing of your request for a stonemason. He tells you that he will study such a topic, being experienced with stoneworking. When you check his stockpile of stone, it seem rather empty.

12. A few citizens agree to investigate the hill, but no willing guards are found.

Acrhimage:

1. The seeds are sorted out, and kept in record accordingly. A few of each seed type is planted near your wigwam.

Mather:

1. You send out a group of villagers to look for any loose wood and stones. Most of them return with pebbles and otherwise useless materials, such as twigs.

2. Your villagers begin digging a large trench, but the progress seems rather slow without the proper tools.

3. The meat from the hunt is butchered, but provides enough food for only the hunting clan. After having a feast, the clan takes their leave, for another long hunting trip. They tell you they can continue these trips without your word, if you wish.

Retech:

1. A surveyor agrees to search for nearby fertile land, assembling a few of his trusted men. After some short prep work, they head out in the forest.

2. The fisher is given the fibrous plants, and he beings working with them, testing his diffirent theories. -3 fibrous plants

3. The three gathering teams are sent out, fading away in the lush forest.

4. Shortly after explaining your idea of a "wheel", you a greeted by the notorious tinker-man of the camp. He agrees to help develop such a contraption, and takes 2 units of wood to work with. -2 wood

5. You gather the assorted crafters of the camp, and tell them of your vision for a "bow". They seem awed by such inspiration, and take the remaining wood to begin working on the project. They take a few of the fibrous plants from the outskirts of the village as well. -2 wood.

Grim:

1. A scouting team is told to search for any fibrous plants, and they take a mental note of it before setting off.

2. A few artisans in the village take up the stone and wood supply, making a good deal of assorted stone tools from it. (Stone / wood depleted)

3. Using the newly-made tools, a team of woodcutters is sent to a small grove nearby. They will return with the harvest next cycle.

4. You state the need of a town watch to your villagers, but only one man seems to volunteer.

5. Some of your villagers report a large outcrop of rocks due south of your village, and a team of men are sent to harvest stone from it.

6. You speak of your idea of a "bow" to the town crafters, but many of them do not share your vision. One man, however, agrees to look further into the subject, if you can supply him with appropriate materials.

Rocco:

1. The two teams of men respectively set off to the locations ordered. They will return with their finds in one cycle.

2. A craftsman takes a large lump of the strange material, attempting to fashion it into a container. The end result is a horribly mishapen pot, but progress is made.

Earth:

1. One of your men reports that you have around 20 wooden spears, 10 or so stone axes, and around 15 wooden clubs.

2. The woodcutters agree to stay at the village for one cycle.

Mask:

1. The scouts listen to your orders carefully before leaving, telling you that they will return soon.

2. A craftsman by the name of Frank examines the hides, telling you that they could be used to build tents, for clothing, and for a strange material that he has yet to name. He tells you one of his theories, being that the hides can be treated in a manner so that they will become harder, and stiff.

Nex:

1. The villagers take 2 units of wood, constructing a crude fence around the strange animals.

2. The "wood shapers" take the last unit of wood, making as many axes out of it as possible. However, it seems that some wood was wasted in the long run.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Scout reports & events will be done at 9-10PM GMT, due to some IRL setbacks)

Rocco:

1. The scouting party heads off towards the rumored location of Florence.

2. You explain the idea of a wooden wheel to a few craftsmen in the camp, and they agree that it is a reasonable project. They begin testing diffirent designs right away.

Mask:

1. You give Frank 3 units of hide to experiment with. He seems pleased with the donation, and runs off to his tent with them. -3 hide

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

1 The foragers are told to look for larger stones and sticks.

2 The longest of the twigs are attempted sharpened to short spears with edged stones.

3 The softer twigs are attempted woven into a cage with an inverted conical entrance on the side (crustean pot).

4 Three random men are told to look in the lake for fish, shells and shellfish.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

The last unit? I had 12 wood. :lol:

And wasted resources, tsk tsk.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

(Actions from the bank)

1. The great leader, Archi, has a great dream, a dream of a day were there will be a great hall of knowladge. While the dream seems strange, and greatly confusing, Archi spends a great many hours deciphering the meanings behind the imagery, eventually concluding a great technological marval. Needless to say, it was great. :rolleyes:

Logs are stripped of their bark, this bark is used as fire wood and compost, while the main trunk is left intact. Improving the yield. Huzzah!

2. Four large rocks are found (A two person each to lift jobby)(There is usually one near a river, so the search starts there) and are carried back to Koal...All done by the Braves/anyone who wants to help.

The rocks are named 'War', 'Pestilence', 'Conquest' and 'Death'.

Conquest is stuck in the middle of the town for no real reason.

3.War is placed on the ground, firmly dug into the ground, and gradually the top is ground into a convex(slightly bulging) dome, with a fatter, taller, dome in the middle, with a rimmed edge.

4.Pestilence is ground into a dome, just slightly smaller than War's diameter (About one/one and half arm spans(from right hand to left hand)), along with a pair of concave(a slight depression) domes of similar(exact is not required, just nice) dimensions to War. Several holes are also cut into the dome(much higher than the depression), large enough for a log to to be comfortably inserted(about 30-50 centimeters deep) and enough to support the weight of Pestilence if lifted. A final hole is bored from the top to the bottom, around 5 centimeters wide.

Pestilence is then gently lowered onto War, thus creating a large, manpowered, grinding stone.

[hide]zh4eZ.png[/hide]

5. Death is fashioned into a large throne and I decree hereditary rule, so that even death cannot conquer our great people(and instituting a monarchy :thumbsup: ). When I am not off inspecting the village, tinkering with this and that, I am found sitting on it.

(Daily actions)

1+2+3. Banked.

(Bringing the total banked to 4)

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

The last unit? I had 12 wood. :lol:

And wasted resources, tsk tsk.

Not seeing a report where you received 12 wood total. If you want to point out the posts, then I will look into it further. Otherwise, my records say 3.

TUBULAR BELLS!

Okay then.

If it's a new cycle, then:

Natural actions:

1. A team of healthy, strong people are equiped with an even mix of weaponry, (Preferably the group is about 10-15 strong.) They are sent to hunt wolves.

2. A smaller group, (5-10 people would be good.) Are also equiped with weaponry, and sent to look for stone again.

3. is banked.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Revised:

1- Stone is used to finish the two research projects, the rest is to create an array of stone tools.

2 - Teams are sent off to the wooden and stone areas to keep a steady supply of stone and wood for the village

3 - The new dense material is researched, it's properties are noted down

4 - The families of the lost forage team are given special mention in the next feast (This is practically a yearly thing) and then I stand up and give a toast to everyone at the village "People of Japan, we are sat here with a challenge we must face. The wolves that have interrupted our food gathering, shall now be turned to food! The man who can bring me their furs and meat will be granted champion of Kakariko!"

No banked actions left :P, I better start saving.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

-Reports-

(All cities receive +2 food from fertile grassland bonus)

Japan:

The scouting team sent to find wood has returned, and with good news. They report a small pond surrounded by large amount of trees a few miles east of the village.

The second scouting team returns safe likewise. The leader of the expedition hands you a crude map, before telling you of a strange, grainy material near the edge of the world, to the far south of the village.

The team of villagers responsible for harvesting the stone return, with 14 units of stone. They take a break for some time before setting off to harvest again. +14 stone

The foraging party returns, with some of the men being beaten or mangled. They tell you that they were attacked by viscous dogs halfway through the expedition, and had to retreat.

The final investigation team, sent to the strange hill, return. One of the men carries a strange lump of dense material, while the others have dirt mixed with some glittering chunks of rock.

Kaol:

Your stoneworker, Elijah, comes running up to you one afternoon, holding onto a stone axe. However, this axe seems much sharper and defined than what most of the villagers are using now.

Dakara:

Ansgar and his hunting clan return at the beginning of the cycle, bringing back 7 units of hide. They take some allotted time for resting and celebrations before heading back out. +7 hide

Belgium:

The scouting party returns one fine morning. They tell you of a large, open meadow in the middle of the forest, the area seemingly clear. They tell you that the area seemed lush with vegetation.

Your woodcutting team returns, with 8 units of wood. After taking a break, they head back out. +8 wood

Some villagers harvest some of the fibrous plant from the outskirts, although the whole operation is rather haphazardly-done. +2 fibrous material

Vale:

The explorers tasked with finding other civilizations return, telling you of a city near the rivers to the northeast.

Workers from the cave return, with 7 units of stone. Some of them seem eager to explore the cave further, but complain about low visibility. After taking a break, they set off. +7 stone

Your lumber team returns, with 8 units of wood. They return to their work after depositing the lumber. +8 wood

Mask:

The scouts return, telling you of large fields filled with a golden plant. The leader of the scouting party hands you a large amount of the seeds gathered from the fields, before telling you that they also hit the edge of the world.

Talamh na fir olc:

Your scouts return, a few of them holding bushes of a strange, fibrous plant. The plant seems semi-dry, with ripe seed pods. +2 fibrous plant

The two resource teams return, one with 8 units of stone, and the other with 12 units of wood. They return to their jobs after taking a short break. +8 stone, +12 wood

(I will wait to do actions in case people decide to revise)

TUBULAR BELLS!

Did the scouting team that headed to the other meadow bring back fibrous materials from their journey, as specified? And what is going on with the fisherman and the crafters? Should I just wait until they figure it out, or was I supposed to receive that as part of the update?

1-2 (Two actions). A large portion of the village heads out for a day, with the men felling trees and hauling materials to the clear meadow found earlier, and the females/children gathering fibrous materials and large leaves (for building roofs). The resources from the teams sent out earlier are sent to the new town, except for the fibrous material, which heads to the old town.

3. Following the resource gathering, the people begin building a second town, putting up houses with the materials gathered from above, using the wood gathered earlier at the original town if necessary. (Basically storing the materials while waiting for the last amounts of materials to come in to build the city).(What's the price for building this city?)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Nex:

1. You send any able-bodied citizens on a foraging mission. The citizens have no quarrel about this, and quickly assemble in a large group, heading out. Before long, small groups of citizens return with chunks of stone, and large broken branches. One particular citizen reports that it is worth looking into a better source of stone near the river. +5 stone, +3 wood.

(Re-did the report for nex. For some reason I had it noted as a scouting mission)

The large group of citizens return, tugging a few logs along. They tell you the forest is lush and healthy, a perfect spot for continued operations. +9 wood

So I now have 4 food (unless it's been drained by the city), 5 stone, and 9 wood. :)

First Action: Those who have shown the most skill in wood-shaping are brought into the profession of stone-shaping. They are set to work on making sharp, two sided horizontal stone heads for the hatchet handles (picks). They also work on making stone hatchet-heads for the best woodcutters.

Second Action: Apologies are made to the villagers, the training exercise was meant to be more of a game for the children, to prepare them for the work they would need to do later in life. The best athletes, craftsmen, and tent-setters are asked to hold demonstrations near the edge of the village when they have spare time, to teach the villagers.

Third Action: Some of the calmer villagers are sent to oversee the animals, to learn more about them. They are encouraged to, under their own judgement, occasionally approach the animals to get them used to humans. They are told to make sure their approach is slow and obvious to the animal, so it isn't startled.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Okay

1: The artisans are told to make stone weapons if at all possible

2: The man who wants to help make the bow is given the materials he needs to experiment.

3: Another team of hunters are sent out to look for food.

LNYvk.png

Nero:

(PM me with further details on the effect of this)

1. Your tribesmen begin to selectively breed the little stock in horses that you have, aiming for the hardy pony you envision. However, you have a feeling that this will take a good deal of time.

2. You present the idea of a bow to a few of the craftsmen in your tribe. They agree that the idea is plausible, but request a source of wood and fibers to experiment with.

4.) Scouts go out to neighbouring areas looking for stoof, as well as make contant with Deutchland to the East

5.) Begin work on the wheel

6.) Begin work constructing tent like things from animal hide

I first check up with my scout teams (I assume getting results doesn't take an action? Just tell me if it does.)

12. Nearby ground is prepared using the tools, near a river or lake, and the seeds from the fruit are planted. I also ask the ones who found them if they grew on a tree or bush, and if they noticed any special conditions they were growing in.

13. Another team of scouts are sent out to look for any useful plants and animals (Looking at the local wildlife, basically.)

14. Wooden wheels and ramps are proposed, to make moving heavy stones and things easier. Logs are tested as a way to move large rocks and boulders around.

8 actions banked

2Xeo5.png

I think this has become a game which happens once every two days. It gives Paul a break and eases the load of actions we give him.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Okay then.

If it's a new cycle, then:

Natural actions:

1. A team of healthy, strong people are equiped with an even mix of weaponry, (Preferably the group is about 10-15 strong.) They are sent to hunt wolves.

2. A smaller group, (5-10 people would be good.) Are also equiped with weaponry, and sent to look for stone again.

3. is banked.

Reiterated so my actions aren't lost. I'll take them as either yesterdays set or todays, whichever works for you.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Internet went down last night, sorry about that. I will be posting results soon.

TUBULAR BELLS!

Shameless double post. Scouting reports and events will come in tomorrow at 11:00PM GMT. Cycle resets at 8:00AM GMT.

Archimage:

1. You explain your plan for wood harvests to the villagers, and the quickly catch on, picking up the idea.

2. The Braves return with the large stones, and a few stonecrafters begin working on the project. They expect it to be done within the cycle.

Mather:

1. The foragers fan out, finding various assorted branches and stones. They return with 4 units of stone, and 6 units of wood.

2. Your craftsmen begin constructing short spears from some of the stone and branches, performing quality work. -2 stone, -3 wood.

3. A local fisherman works with the small twigs, making such a device. However, there are only enough of the soft twigs left for one pot.

4. You search around for three men to scavenge the lake for any food, before finding a small group willing to do the job. They head off with the fisherman's basket.

Earth:

1. A large group of strong young men assemble, taking up various weapons. They have a toast before setting off for the great hunt.

2. You assemble another scouting party, telling them to specifically look for stone. After arming themselves, they set off into the unknown.

3. Banked

Icu:

1. You give your researchers 10 units of stone to help them with their studies, while the rest is used to make a large assortment of stone tools.

2. The villagers tell you that most of the men are out already harvesting stone. The men that remain set off to harvest wood instead.

3. The strange lump of material is given to one of your budding scholars, who begins tinkering with it.

4. There is a roar of approval during you feast, and a large group of men take arms, making a general ruckus as they leave the village.

Mask:

1. A few of the local plant lore experts begin working the ground, planting the seeds from the scouts.

2. Your scouts agree to take you to the edge of the world. After a rather long journey, you arrive, stepping in a strange grainy substance. You gaze off into the distance, and all that can be seen is a large expanse of water.

3. Banked

Retech:

1, 2. The foraging parties head to their assigned tasks, respectively. The men begin harvesting additional lumber around the meadow, storing it there. +3 wood.

2. A large group of citizens head off towards the proposed camp site, setting up temporary dwellings until the camp is fully constructed. (6 food and 28 units of construction resources needed for a new camp)

Nex:

1. Your finest wood-shapers are appointed stone-shapers, and begin working on fine axe heads for your lumber teams. The remaining wood-shapers begin constructing a large stockpile of the hatchet-handles specified. -2 stone, -3 wood

2. Some of the more athletic members of the village begin holding demonstrations on various techniques used in the field. A large host of villagers watch the demonstrations.

3. Beast-tamers are sent to investigate the strange animals found, and attempt to domesticate them.

Rocco:

(Wheel research takes a bit of time)

1. Craftsmen work with some of the freshly-cut wood to create a mass of axe-handles. However, due to a stone shortage, only a handful of axes are completed. -2 wood

2. Your builders begin setting the foundation of the longhouse, in a quick and efficient manner. -8 wood

Grim:

1. Your artisans craft some stone maces, although the work seems sub-par. -2 stone, -1 wood.

2. The craftsman is given some wood, to aid in his research of the bow. -2 wood

3. Conlan is sent out on a hunting trip with a group of hunters. The conditions seem perfect for such a hunting trip.

Dusty:

1. A second scouting team is sent out, told to report any interesting findings.

(The wheel is already being worked on)

2. Some of your hunters begin working on small tents using remaining animal hide.

Ross:

(Scout teams will automatically report their findings around 11:00PM GMT)

1. Villagers begin working a soft, fertile patch of ground by the river, planting the seeds. When you ask them what kind of plant the fruit was harvested from, they tell you it was a long, tall plant, but certainly not a tree. The growing conditions of the plant are seemingly unremarkable when you ask further questions.

2. A scouting team assembles, tasked with searching for local fauna.

3. Your villagers try using such ramps, but the overall effort is rather clumsy and uncoordinated. A self-proclaimed scholar tells the villagers that he will discover a more efficient way to do such a task.

TUBULAR BELLS!

Ignore this.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

What happened with all my teams of workers I sent out the cycle before this one? I had like 5 teams around.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.