Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

If Jagex wants to give F2P a new skill, they should just hand us over Fletching. In my opinion, this is the only skill that really needs to be in F2P. They should let us fletch arrows up to adamant, and bows up to maple.

I don't think F2P needs a totally new skill, that new skill can just go to members.

I disagree. Jagex keeps fletching members only so that members have a monopoly on bows and arrows.

And a new F2P skill could be shared between F2P and members, so everybody wins?

Realistically, everybody wins either way. Everybody gets their new skill, even if F2P gets one that is new only to them. And I doubt that is actually why Jagex keeps the skill P2P, but that is a matter for another time.

There's an exorbitant amount of content that could reasonably be transferred to f2p for their enjoyment, however, Jagex is known for their ability to defy logic and reason.

And yet you provide no valid reasons to back up your claim. Jagex could give an exorbitant amount of content in their F2P game, but at the cost of getting more members. I'm pretty sure that's not what they are aiming for.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

There's an exorbitant amount of content that could reasonably be transferred to f2p for their enjoyment, however, Jagex is known for their ability to defy logic and reason.

And yet you provide no valid reasons to back up your claim. Jagex could give an exorbitant amount of content in their F2P game, but at the cost of getting more members. I'm pretty sure that's not what they are aiming for.

They're right that there is a large amount of stuff F2P could get with little impact on the game's growth. But then again, F2P doesn't NEED much more. An update to the combat triangle and MAYBE some bankspace depending on how they update that.

After thinking about it, the #1 thing F2P needs is bankspace.

My current number of items in total, is 68, including the 15k willow logs that I've bought for firemaking. This is even after I sold my mithril arrows, destroyed my broom, and disposed of my tiara mould. If there's more items coming in thanks to an update, I'm gonna be stuck with wearing my cape and explorer's ring on forever.

Give us bankspace up to 75 please, or I won't even have enough space for a buffer zone. :(

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

After thinking about it, the #1 thing F2P needs is bankspace.

My current number of items in total, is 68, including the 15k willow logs that I've bought for firemaking. This is even after I sold my mithril arrows, destroyed my broom, and disposed of my tiara mould. If there's more items coming in thanks to an update, I'm gonna be stuck with wearing my cape and explorer's ring on forever.

Give us bankspace up to 75 please, or I won't even have enough space for a buffer zone. :(

If I wear some form of costume, I consistently have several spaces empty. And since I never go "naked", I have no problem with bank space anymore. The #1 priority is making magic competitive at higher levels. After that, we can say bank space.

I have to disagree with F2P needing more bank space. One must decide which things are most important to have in there bank, even if this means not have items for all skills at once. Certain items, like those found in general stores for example are easily obtained and need not waste a bank slot. Personally I work on all my skills and still have at least 10 free slots at any given time. I would have more if not for random event items.

Just my 2 cents.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Actually, I decided that bank space is not that big of a concern now. I was able to get rid of my unimportant junk, and here is my bank now:

4q2614.jpg

Still, F2P can do with 75 bank space. If I get some of the items not yet obtained on my checklist (zombie gloves, shade robe/bottoms just to name a few), I don't think my bank might hold enough for ALL my items. Plus, a future update might make me get more items to keep.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Actually, I decided that bank space is not that big of a concern now. I was able to get rid of my unimportant junk, and here is my bank now:

perty picture

Still, F2P can do with 75 bank space. If I get some of the items not yet obtained on my checklist (zombie gloves, shade robe/bottoms just to name a few), I don't think my bank might hold enough for ALL my items. Plus, a future update might make me get more items to keep.

That is why I say bankspace isn't CURRENTLY needed, but could be depending how they update F2P in the future. I have the same amount of spaces used up, right now, although I could find some things to get rid of if I needed to. And if I get my mime back, I might have to.

WOw all i want is maybe access 2 more spells in the standard spellbook, also skillcapes and possting on forums.

Spells... I say the wave spells and the high level curse spells, along with snare might be good options.

Skillcapes, definitely.

There's already forums available to F2P. You need 12.5 million total exp to access it.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

4q2614.jpg

Get rid of the key, chefs hat, apron, one Fist of Guthix token, the other keys, the normal boots. Also get rid of some of the random items you never use.

Plus, you get 68 spaces, just conserve them, throw away crap, wear an outfit always. That's what I do.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

WOw all i want is maybe access 2 more spells in the standard spellbook, also skillcapes and possting on forums.

Either Snare or the Waves, or a couple of brand new spells. Skillcapes, I agree with. And as Sonic said, we have forum access with a minimum of 12.5M exp.

Get rid of the key, chefs hat, apron, one Fist of Guthix token, the other keys, the normal boots. Also get rid of some of the random items you never use.

Plus, you get 68 spaces, just conserve them, throw away crap, wear an outfit always. That's what I do.

Maze key = Keeping it. I'm not sure whether or not you can get another one from the guildmaster.

Muddy key = Will use on muddy chest later.

Brass key = Yeah, probably, seeing that I never go to Edgeville dungeon and I can buy another from the GE at any time.

Chef's hat = Cook's guild. I'll get rid of that as well, seeing that I never go there.

Brown apron = Crafting guild. I go there to mine silver and gold, so I'm keeping it.

Fist of Guthix token = Placeholder, mainly. I play Fist of Guthix often, for some of the rewards.

Leather boots = Ranging and maging. Fighting/Fancy boots give a negative bonus there.

Random event clothes = Keeping them. They cannot be obtained anywhere else, and it's much harder to get a random now.

I always wear an outfit btw.

Thanks for your advice on banking! :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Maze key = Keeping it. I'm not sure whether or not you can get another one from the guildmaster.

Muddy key = Will use on muddy chest later.

Brass key = Yeah, probably, seeing that I never go to Edgeville dungeon and I can buy another from the GE at any time.

Chef's hat = Cook's guild. I'll get rid of that as well, seeing that I never go there.

Brown apron = Crafting guild. I go there to mine silver and gold, so I'm keeping it.

Fist of Guthix token = Placeholder, mainly. I play Fist of Guthix often, for some of the rewards.

Leather boots = Ranging and maging. Fighting/Fancy boots give a negative bonus there.

Random event clothes = Keeping them. They cannot be obtained anywhere else, and it's much harder to get a random now.

I always wear an outfit btw.

Thanks for your advice on banking! :D

I recently got a new maze key, after losing mine a couple of years ago. So you CAN get a new one.

I recently got a new maze key, after losing mine a couple of years ago. So you CAN get a new one.

May I ask, where? At the guildsmaster?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Yeah, in the Champ's Guild.

Oh, I see, thanks. I'll drop the key later.

I guess bank space really isn't that much of a concern...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 2 weeks later...

You get the maze key for Oziach in Edgeville, not the Champion's Guild Master. Unless of course they are available in both places.

The Following Animals Are Communist

1. The Ant

2. The Cockroach

3. The Rabbit

4. The Eloi

5. The Mouse

6. The Penguin

7. The Smurfs

Hail the Victorious Red State!

You get the maze key for Oziach in Edgeville, not the Champion's Guild Master. Unless of course they are available in both places.

After you finish the quest, you can get one from the Champion's Guild. Unless they changed it again.

to the poster on page 1 saying Jagex will not get any more money if everybody went Free Play; I think Jagex actually get more money from the adverts displayed on the free play servers than they do from a player who is paying for member status. In removing the adverts as an incentive for people to pay for member status, they are actually lowering their potential profit - advertising is a huge business.

to the poster on page 1 saying Jagex will not get any more money if everybody went Free Play; I think Jagex actually get more money from the adverts displayed on the free play servers than they do from a player who is paying for member status. In removing the adverts as an incentive for people to pay for member status, they are actually lowering their potential profit - advertising is a huge business.

I would have to disagree on this. The membership revenue greatly outweighs ad revenue despite the fact that there are many more F2P than P2P. Plus, memberships are guaranteed money, whereas if everyone was F2P they would only get paid for what you're actually playing (as you're not viewing ads on their site when you're not).

Capes of Achievement. Free players work just as hard, if not harder in order to max out certain skills. They deserve the recognition for a job-well-done.

Also ads typically only generate revenue if they're clicked on.

Ads posted on websites get money on a 'per-click' basis. So imagine how many accidental clicks the ads above the Runescape window gets; and if each click were on dollar-a-click setting, I'm going to assume it's clicked nearly 500-600 times through the course of the day. That's $500-600 a day.

Edited by Sanitys_Requiem

matchboxtwentyf.jpg

Ii_Bows_Ii.png

Jump_GP is a fail merch clan.