Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

All right Mr. cheap F2P whinner.

You get 1-2 updates a year and I'm fine with that. If Jagex were to implement all the suggestion on this thread, then that would definitely cheapen my membership.

I could say the same about cheap F2P whinners who ask for updates to a game they are not paying, their attitude pisses me off. Especially since they are getting way more updates lately than 3-4-5 years ago.

Hypocrisy eh?

Saying people "stoop down to the level of flinging insults" when you also do it. =D> =D>

And honestly, learn to spell. Calling this a "kindergarten" when you can't even spell properly.

I never demanded that Jagex implement EVERY single update on this thread. How many times do I need to repeat myself? I'm saying, what's stopping Jagex from giving f2p a few more small updates, and why do you members have to be so selfish and dictate everything f2p receives, and rant about anything f2p gets/does?

Hypocrisy eh?

Saying people "stoop down to the level of flinging insults" when you also do it.

And honestly, learn to spell. Calling this a "kindergarten" when you can't even spell properly.

I never demanded that Jagex implement EVERY single update on this thread. How many times do I need to repeat myself? I'm saying, what's stopping Jagex from giving f2p a few more small updates, and why do you members have to be so selfish and dictate everything f2p receives, and rant about anything f2p gets/does?

I shamelessly stooped down to your level. I started insulting you to counterattack, like a child, because I thought you would feel better to have another kid to play with. i mentionned this somewhere else, english is not my first language and I'm bound to make some grammar mistakes sometimes (thought I know I write better than most english born on these boards); thank you for correcting me, it will only improve my writing.

I don't rant about everything F2P gets, I rant about what they ask a lot of times because they are like kids making a christmas wish list. I don't dictate what you guys should have or not, only giving my opinion that the main priority is to tweak the combat triangle, most other upgrades are mostly a kiddy's wish list.

I really am not selfish, I want you to enjoy the game. There's just one condition, pay up. It's not that expensive, you even called it measly.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Hypocrisy eh?

Saying people "stoop down to the level of flinging insults" when you also do it.

I shamelessly stooped down to your level. I started insulting you to counterattack, like a child, because I thought you would feel better to have another kid to play with. i mentionned this somewhere else, english is not my first language and I'm bound to make some grammar mistakes sometimes (thought I know I write better than most english born on these boards); thank you for correcting me, it will only improve my writing.

I don't rant about everything F2P gets, I rant about what they ask a lot of times because they are like kids making a christmas wish list. I don't dictate what you guys should have or not, only giving my opinion that the main priority is to tweak the combat triangle, most other upgrades are mostly a kiddy's wish list.

I really am not selfish, I want you to enjoy the game. There's just one condition, pay up. It's not that expensive, you even called it measly.

Both are important, the combat triangle and the prayer update. So why not just combine them into one of the so-called "annual 1-2" updates?

I don't know, why don't you ask them? If I were in their position, I wouldn't do it.

edit : Easier prayer training is an incentive to become member.

same as a better combat system.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

1 less incentive, especially such a small one, would have very little effect on new subscriptions. In fact, it wouldn't make prayer any easier. If they did it right (by making it a right-click option), it would take longer and most people would continue the old way of clicking individual bones. This would just be a small convenience update. Of course the triangle needs to be priority 1.

1 less incentive, especially such a small one, would have very little effect on new subscriptions. In fact, it wouldn't make prayer any easier. If they did it right (by making it a right-click option), it would take longer and most people would continue the old way of clicking individual bones. This would just be a small convenience update. Of course the triangle needs to be priority 1.

I agree that the combat triangle should be the no.1 priority, but why can't they just add the bury-x option as a small side update?

I agree that the combat triangle should be the no.1 priority, but why can't they just add the bury-x option as a small side update?

I fully agree with you. It would be best suited as an "In other news" post. It's really not big enough for anything more, in my opinion.

I fully agree with you. It would be best suited as an "In other news" post. It's really not big enough for anything more, in my opinion.

Yeah. Most other (insert action here)-x options are all in "In other news" anyway.

*Isn't going to respond to the flaming in this thread :P *

I'll rather post what my feeling are about F2p.

Well.. to start with, I'm 100% F2p and I loved the updates the last years, F2p has definately become more attractive.

But on the other hand, I think there's room for some updates and additions. ::'

This might include a F2p Boss Monster, F2p Skillcapes, more F2p Minigames (or partly) and a new Skill.

The last one has been confirmed and is coming in the future so we don't have to worry about that one anymore.

I'm not whinning here about F2p needing everything that P2p has because I seriously love F2p how it is already. :thumbsup:

Just saying there *could* be some things added to make F2p even more attractive.

Happy Posting & Scaping!

I personally believe that skillcapes could have been f2p in the beginning. Members obviously deserve respect for their 99s (well some are more respected than the others :P ), but getting a 99 in F2P is just as hard, if not harder. Therefore, it doesn't make any sense that only certain people benefit from achievement capes, which, correct me if i'm wrong, have the same stats as an obsidian cape.

Happy posting, scaping and flaming. I have my antifire shield on.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

I personally believe that skillcapes could have been f2p in the beginning.

Everything COULD have been F2P. :lol:

I'm not whinning here about F2p needing everything that P2p has because I seriously love F2p how it is already. :thumbsup:

Just saying there *could* be some things added to make F2p even more attractive.

I am in full agreement, although the combat triangle should be fixed up some.

i wish we could do certain spells like entangle and wave spells,and also certain minigames would be nice.

There's really not much that's keeping you from doing these.

langerkiller.png

Easier prayer training is an incentive to become member.

Yes, it is.

same as a better combat system.

No it isn't. Or rather, shouldn't be.

Balanced system = fairer game.

Why shouldn't free players get a fair game? F2P is not supposed to be a "demo."

When Andrew built "RuneScape," it was always going to be a free game. He would pay for the service by running adverts. It was the dotcom bubble burst that forced Jagex to go, "We can't even pay for infrastructure anymore, what are we going to do?" so we invented the Membership model and thankfully a lot of our loyal players went across and wanted premium content and paid for it. (...) The problem was, a year or so ago, there was -- let me say confusion, as a subtle word -- as to what part of the business was important. I expect the CEOs focus was just sort of on the profit and loss column, and all of the attention was sort of on "members members members and members conversions" and getting free players to convert to Members by putting members hooks in the free game. Unfortunately that had a really negative effect on the community, as you've taken what was an epic entirely free game and turned it into a sort of demo for the members game which was never the idea.

I am a tree.

Although I have seen other players say that Non-Members should have access to skillcapes, I will have to agree with them.

After all of the members I have talked to in-game, I have come to a conclusion that Non-Members have to go through more effort, and more time spent in the game to raise their skill levels. It is not necessarily harder to do, but more time will have to be spent in-game by the player to achieve a level 99 skill.

Because of this, I think that skillcapes really should be able to be accessed by Non-Members. From what I can see, this would cause members to be able to use them in a free world too, without having any extra difficulties.

Now I understand that members get an expansion to the game because they pay money out of their pockets, but again, from all of the members I have talked to over the weeks of my playing time, members get an extreme amount of extra content that Non-Members will not have access to. This means for each individual update they are not paying the full price, but just a small percentage of it for each individual update.

Skillcapes for Non-Members are not really just a regular update, but are more of a sign of achievement, and dedication to this awesome game that Jagex has given us the chance to play. I feel that Non-Members should be able to show off their dedication to the game just as much as members get the chance to.

Thanks for reading my opinions, I am glad to have shared it with you.

Although I have seen other players say that Non-Members should have access to skillcapes, I will have to agree with them.

After all of the members I have talked to in-game, I have come to a conclusion that Non-Members have to go through more effort, and more time spent in the game to raise their skill levels. It is not necessarily harder to do, but more time will have to be spent in-game by the player to achieve a level 99 skill.

Because of this, I think that skillcapes really should be able to be accessed by Non-Members. From what I can see, this would cause members to be able to use them in a free world too, without having any extra difficulties.

Now I understand that members get an expansion to the game because they pay money out of their pockets, but again, from all of the members I have talked to over the weeks of my playing time, members get an extreme amount of extra content that Non-Members will not have access to. This means for each individual update they are not paying the full price, but just a small percentage of it for each individual update.

Skillcapes for Non-Members are not really just a regular update, but are more of a sign of achievement, and dedication to this awesome game that Jagex has given us the chance to play. I feel that Non-Members should be able to show off their dedication to the game just as much as members get the chance to.

Thanks for reading my opinions, I am glad to have shared it with you.

Not surprisingly, I agree with you. I would like to add one thing that you didn't mention, though. Any member I have spoken to in-game has said they think skill capes should be F2P.

Not surprisingly, I agree with you. I would like to add one thing that you didn't mention, though. Any member I have spoken to in-game has said they think skill capes should be F2P.

There have been a few people I've talked to in the game that say that Non-Members should have access to skillcapes if they manage to reach a 99 skill. However I have been looking on the official RuneScape Forums and they seem to say otherwise regarding the matter.

No it isn't. Or rather, shouldn't be.

Balanced system = fairer game.

Why shouldn't free players get a fair game? F2P is not supposed to be a "demo."

I agree that the combat triangle should be balanced, but the combat system in P2P is simply better because of all the added features (special attacks, spellbook, prayer replenishment...etc).

F2P is supposed to attract players to P2P, the same way a demo or trial game works. The only difference is that F2P has so much content compared to the usual demo that someone can play his entire life.

To be honest, aside from a balanced combat triangle, F2P have a perfectly fair game, very well worth the ads F2Pers have to watch.

langerkiller.png

F2P isn't just supposed to attract you to members. It is also there to provide a fun game, which for me it already does. I admit that. Anything I agree with in here are just things I think would make it better. With the balanced triangle, I would be happy for the rest of my Runescape life. Anything else - skill capes, bury x, extra bank space, etc - would just be bonus.

I have to admit that I have no idea why they did that. These teasers provided lots of question from new players and sparked interest in the paying game. I have to admit I'm kinda puzzled by that move.

I'm also pretty sure that profit, in any private business, is more important than fun. Once you are in the green though, fun becomes an option. I see no viable business with company having a fun view of things when they are in the red.

langerkiller.png

They removed them because they were not actually a part of the free game and they wanted the free game to be a game of its own. And Jagex is a company making a GAME, so fun should be #1 or #2 on their list, depending on how far they have gone toward the pre-P2P days. I would say it's a close second right now.