Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

My turn \'

Free to play players shouldn't really complain at all.

FORUM

Yes the only think would be them to access to the Runescape's forum.

But Jagex has puted an update so that even if you're Free to Play you can use the forum but with the required Total level. ( I don't remember the required Total level. )

It is because ( In my opinion. ), most of the Free to Play players, I'm not saying YOU!, are immature kids and Jagex wouldn't want them to spam the forum, etc.

F2P VS P2P

A reason why Free to Play players shouldn't complain is the fact that Runescape, comparing to other games online where you have to play, is really cheap.

You could always go and get 5 $ anywhere!

I mean, how couldn't you get 5 $ in one month?

That's ridicoulous!

316r9c9.jpg

If you decided ( Your choice ) not to Pay to Play, THEN STOP COMPLAINING!

I think I made my point.

Thank you, Thepr1de 44.

2rwsvao.png2nlzui0.png5ewcaq.png

My turn \'

Free to play players shouldn't really complain at all.

FORUM

Yes the only think would be them to access to the Runescape's forum.

But Jagex has puted an update so that even if you're Free to Play you can use the forum but with the required Total level. ( I don't remember the required Total level. )

It is because ( In my opinion. ), most of the Free to Play players, I'm not saying YOU!, are immature kids and Jagex wouldn't want them to spam the forum, etc.

It's 12.5M experience, which really isn't very hard.

F2P VS P2P

A reason why Free to Play players shouldn't complain is the fact that Runescape, comparing to other games online where you have to play, is really cheap.

That's ridicoulous!

It is rarely getting the money that poses a problem. It is more often either justifying the payment (if you don't play a lot) or getting it to Jagex.

I think I made my point.

Thank you, Thepr1de 44.

This thread isn't for complaining, so much as discussing what F2Pers want.

Ok, now I see what you mean.

But let me ask, why don't YOU pay membership?

EDIT: This is in the rants section, rants for me is complaining about something.

Jagex has made so many different payments methods, don't tell me it's about how sending the money to Jagex.

2rwsvao.png2nlzui0.png5ewcaq.png

Cool, now it's my turn.

[hide=]

EDIT: This is in the rants section, rants for me is complaining about something.

Jagex has made so many different payments methods, don't tell me it's about how sending the money to Jagex.

He doesn't have enough time to play, that's why he doesn't pay. Would you purchase a new pair of shoes for X amount of money just to use it twice a month?

FORUM

Actually, members are the ones who spam the forums the most. They complain about F2P getting forum access and how sucky some updates are. Even before Jagex introduced RSOF to the f2p community, the forums were spammy anyway. The smell is the same, even though there are more turds in the sewer.

F2P VS P2P

That's ridicoulous!

316r9c9.jpg

Reffer to unkn0wnwarrior's quotes.

I think I made my point.

Thank you, Thepr1de 44.

I'd like to point out that Jagex won't do squat just because free players complain. The wilderness/RWT updates happened back in December 2007, tons of players rioted and threatened to quit, yet the company didn't go back on their decision. Such happened with PC nerfing, swiftswitch ban and so on. So the fact that free players are complaining is pretty irrelevant and I don't see why are you so damn fed up about them.

Oh and complaining about complainers?

emot-frogout.gif[/hide]

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Cool, now it's my turn.

He doesn't have enough time to play, that's why he doesn't pay. Would you purchase a new pair of shoes for X amount of money just to use it twice a month?

This is exactly right. I don't pay because I don't play much. I don't play much because I rarely get more than 10 minutes of spare time after everything else I do.

I don't think it's the fact that 5$ a month is an unrealistic amount of money for a child to possess...

What i do believe is that most children aren't equipped with a way to set up a pay pal account or any other means to pay for a membership, so they're entirely dependent on their parents. The way i see it is that most parents think it to be a utter waste of time.

Laugh, anyhow debate away.

liv_2_kill.png

Liv_2_Kill.png

Liv_2_Kill.png

It is true that money isn' t the issue here, it' s the payment methods. I, for one, just can' t seem to find a way to pay on my own and I can' t rely on my parents.

Though I would like to ask, is it possible to send money via mail (not e-mail) to an online payment company such as PayPal?

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

I don't think it's the fact that 5$ a month is an unrealistic amount of money for a child to possess...

What i do believe is that most children aren't equipped with a way to set up a pay pal account or any other means to pay for a membership, so they're entirely dependent on their parents. The way i see it is that most parents think it to be a utter waste of time.

Indeed, but when the prepaid cards will be available in most countries with a lot of RS players (Sweden just got them, then there's Finland, Germany, Norway..etc), membership will be more easy to get.

Indeed, but when the prepaid cards will be available in most countries with a lot of RS players (Sweden just got them, then there's Finland, Germany, Norway..etc), membership will be more easy to get.

Yeah, but for those that live in countries many have not even heard about (Slovenia for me) there is little to no hope for prepaid cards being available close to them.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

I personally think F2P is lucky they have what they have...I don't think they deserve anything else unless they are willing to pay for it. IMO, Jagex spoils the F2P people with the amount of content they get.

Lucky we have what we have? No. Jagex knows the importance of F2P to the survival of the game, and thus we get OCCASIONAL updates.

Are we spoiled? That depends on your point of view. From where you sit, we are spoiled because we get updates now and then. From our view, and many P2P's views, we get what we need, with an occasional bonus.

Of course, there are those who think we should get EVERYTHING, but they should never be taken seriously.

Getting the occasional update does not bother me in the least, but I feel that people complaining that F2P needs more bankspace, needs more quests, needs more monsters all need to accept the fact that they are not paying and are not going to get a full experience. They get enough content for hours upon hours upon hours of play, why the hell do they think Jagex will just give them a lot more than they deserve? They don't pay, they don't get everything. If it concerns people who don't want to pay 5 bucks a month that they don't get everything, then perhaps they should pay the cheap monthly fee for thousands of hours of more content.

I'm Free to Play, but I accept the fact that if your going to get a ton of content, more space in your bank, and all that stuff you need to pay.

I never have understood why F2P people need so much bankspace. Clean out your banks of crap, destroy all holiday items you don't need at the moment, then you have room. IF you want the item back, go to Diango. Simple. That's what I've done the past couple years.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I still remember when I had a full bank with AT LEAST three rows of random event clothing and holiday items. I took out all those unused items and now I have around 8 free spaces. Heck, I could have even more. The armours can be easily converted into sets, thanks to the grand exchange, arrows can be stored in your arrow slot, unneeded skilling items can be sold and so on. So bankspace isn't a priority right now.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

I personally think F2P is lucky they have what they have...I don't think they deserve anything else unless they are willing to pay for it. IMO, Jagex spoils the F2P people with the amount of content they get.

Lucky we have what we have? No. Jagex knows the importance of F2P to the survival of the game, and thus we get OCCASIONAL updates.

Are we spoiled? That depends on your point of view. From where you sit, we are spoiled because we get updates now and then. From our view, and many P2P's views, we get what we need, with an occasional bonus.

Of course, there are those who think we should get EVERYTHING, but they should never be taken seriously.

Getting the occasional update does not bother me in the least, but I feel that people complaining that F2P needs more bankspace, needs more quests, needs more monsters all need to accept the fact that they are not paying and are not going to get a full experience. They get enough content for hours upon hours upon hours of play, why the hell do they think Jagex will just give them a lot more than they deserve? They don't pay, they don't get everything. If it concerns people who don't want to pay 5 bucks a month that they don't get everything, then perhaps they should pay the cheap monthly fee for thousands of hours of more content.

I'm Free to Play, but I accept the fact that if your going to get a ton of content, more space in your bank, and all that stuff you need to pay.

I never have understood why F2P people need so much bankspace. Clean out your banks of crap, destroy all holiday items you don't need at the moment, then you have room. IF you want the item back, go to Diango. Simple. That's what I've done the past couple years.

I agree with a lot of that. We don't need bankspace right now, quests or monsters at all (even though it would be nice). We don't pay, so we can't EXPECT to get any single update. If you feel you NEED more, get members, because you'll never be content in F2P.

As for the bank space, I usually have 8 free spots with all random event clothes, doing 1 skill at a time.

Why cant f2p have green dragons and more bankspace???

Bank space is managable as is. And Green Dragons aren't needed.

Why should F2P get Skillcapes and not get Barrows armour or godswords? All 3 are high level P2P items which are main reasons for lots of people for getting P2P, so why should F2P get only one of them, and not all of them?

Unlike Barrows armor and Godswords, Skillcapes are objects that directly display that the user has achieved Level 99 in . It's not really that we want high level equipment, but more so that we want to display our achievements.

Barrows armour shows that you have 70+ Defence (high by Jagex's standards) are enough money/luck to obtain relatively rare armour, compared to other things like rune. Godswords are the same showing that you have 75+ Attack and either have got a hilt somehow or made enough money to afford one. Both items are bad for training as there are better alternatives in almost every situation, and yet they are still worn by many as show off items, which also have decent stats in comparision to the rest of the armours in RuneScape.

Skillcapes are exactly like this, they show you have achieved something and are high level. They give good bonuses and yet in almost every situation you could use another cape instead (fire, accumalator, god cape) for better bonuses in whatever skill you may be training. They are basically a show off item, just like the four godswords and six Barrows armour sets are.

Suggesting that F2P get skillcapes, which are high level P2P content, is just as bad as suggesting that F2P get access to Barrows or God Wars, which are both high level P2P content. If you want to get a skillcape, become a member. Jagex made them P2P only for a reason, and changing their mind now would be a terrible decision for both the RuneScape community, and Jagex themselves. Backtracking on what you've opposed the last few years and starting to support it is almost as ridiculous as the idea that was suggested pre-december 2007 that Jagex start selling RuneScape gold themselves, to counter RWT.

I see your point, however our discussion is getting a bit too long, as this thread is for "Why can't F2P have?" not debating what F2P should and should not have. Feel free to continue the debate in the "Should F2P have Skillcapes?" thread.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say, "Should F2P have Skillcapes?" is just as bad as saying "Should F2P have any other high level P2P content?" Skillcapes are P2P for exactly the same reason that other high level P2P content such as Barrows/godswords are. If Jagex were to give F2P Skillcapes, why wouldn't they give F2P Barrows or godswords or any other high level P2P only content?

I, for one, agree with giving F2p skil capes. It is the cape of achievement, for achieving the highest possible level in a skill. It shouldn't matter whether you pay or not. Barrows and Godswords are another matter though. To give them to free to play would just mean rich members would be able to use them in free to play. Honestly, members are able to make more money faster then F2p. Most F2p people would not be able to afford Barrows, let alone the 70mil+ for an armadyl godsword. Giving F2p high level combat equipment would be like giving North Korea free rein to use Nuclear Weapons. The devastation would be incredible. What F2p person is going to be ablt to defeat a godsword with a rune scimitar? Especially with the best food being swordfish or lobsters. Members can barely eat sharks fast enough to stay alive when a pjer claws them.

So, any weapons or armor that would affect combat to that extent would be very bad. F2p had corrupted dragon weapons. The Corrupt Dragon Battleaxe is the f2p version of vesta's longsword. +9 defence from a cape isnt as much as +300 defence from barrows armor or +132 str and slash from a godsword. The cape adds +9 to the max defence, barrows adds +100 defence. I don't even want to consider how much the godsword is better then a rune scimitar.

pere_grin.png

This is for Ex-Members.. But I think Members items shouldn't count as a bank space.

That's a good idea, but should only be for a certain time period.

Have you ever wanted to truly feel a part of something bigger than yourself? Click here to learn more!

This is for Ex-Members.. But I think Members items shouldn't count as a bank space.

Yeah, give them that first month, and then start making items take up spaces. If they don't have P2P again after a month, they presumably don't need their P2P items?

Yeah, give them that first month, and then start making items take up spaces. If they don't have P2P again after a month, they presumably don't need their P2P items?

I just took a 3 month break in F2P a while ago and I must say that I pretty much needed my items after that. :roll:

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I just took a 3 month break in F2P a while ago and I must say that I pretty much needed my items after that. :roll:

I wasn't totally serious with that. But if you are planning a long break, you will have planned it well. Getting every item you may ever need in F2P, and a second one for use, has worked well for most people. The only issue is if you take out that last one.

F2P can never get Greens. Why?

The price will slump due to surplus amount which will affect Crafters which will affect rangers due to Green D'hide armor. Give F2P skillcapes, a system could be implemented in which they recieve the Capes from a master through just talk from some machine or something like that?

GG.gif

F2P can never get Greens. Why?

The price will slump due to surplus amount which will affect Crafters which will affect rangers due to Green D'hide armor. Give F2P skillcapes, a system could be implemented in which they recieve the Capes from a master through just talk from some machine or something like that?

There was an idea in another thread about having you teleport to them. Presumably, it could be done, and wouldn't be an overly bad idea.