Revenant Dungeons

mlskid

I realize the CURRENT PvP armour is, however, I was only trying to implore the fact that we need something more like the Hati gloves, a nontradeable, in no way currency stimulating edge, for PvPers to use instead of the statues. :thumbup: essentially, a "Korasi" from rev drops instead of the statues.

THAT might be worthwhile to look into for a more balanced game.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked the idea of statuettes being exchangeable for some kind of PvP currency that can be exchanged for unique items that was floating around for a while after they came out. Would have been better for the economy and more interesting than cash drops, but then it would have required less laziness from Jagex.

Or even better, buy PvP equipment.

Bam, now all Jagex needs to do is actually code the tokens and NPC who will sell this stuff.

Do we actually even know whats going to happen to the guy at BH? If we go along with this idea I think we have an NPC that we can sell the stuff to, and that'd probably be the hardest part. Then all you would have to do is code for the currency and new dialogue, then BAM, new idea. :thumbsup:

Oh, and as to the regard of wether or not statues should be removed, I think there is no real "substitute" for them as no matter what it is, just so long as the item replacing them is tradeable it's still "currency" of some form. TBH that is inflation and the only way to remove that is to make it an untradeable item used only like the current PVP weapons. just my two cents though.

EDIT: As Fourside pointed out in the above post, There ARE other possibilities, but the real issue is that they still carry in the form of currency as long as they are still tradeable.

That's not how inflation works. If you get a whip drop, you have a whip which you can TRADE for 3m or whatever it is now. You haven't actually CREATED 3m. Conversely, when you get an ancient stat, you walk up to an NPC and CREATE 5m out of nowhere.

The two are extremely different things. Too many ways to create money leads to inflated prices and problems like players having multiple stacks of max cash or rares being worth over 2b.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

[hide]

I always liked the idea of statuettes being exchangeable for some kind of PvP currency that can be exchanged for unique items that was floating around for a while after they came out. Would have been better for the economy and more interesting than cash drops, but then it would have required less laziness from Jagex.

Or even better, buy PvP equipment.

Bam, now all Jagex needs to do is actually code the tokens and NPC who will sell this stuff.

Do we actually even know whats going to happen to the guy at BH? If we go along with this idea I think we have an NPC that we can sell the stuff to, and that'd probably be the hardest part. Then all you would have to do is code for the currency and new dialogue, then BAM, new idea. :thumbsup:

Oh, and as to the regard of wether or not statues should be removed, I think there is no real "substitute" for them as no matter what it is, just so long as the item replacing them is tradeable it's still "currency" of some form. TBH that is inflation and the only way to remove that is to make it an untradeable item used only like the current PVP weapons. just my two cents though.

EDIT: As Fourside pointed out in the above post, There ARE other possibilities, but the real issue is that they still carry in the form of currency as long as they are still tradeable.

[/hide]

That's not how inflation works. If you get a whip drop, you have a whip which you can TRADE for 3m or whatever it is now. You haven't actually CREATED 3m. Conversely, when you get an ancient stat, you walk up to an NPC and CREATE 5m out of nowhere.

The two are extremely different things. Too many ways to create money leads to inflated prices and problems like players having multiple stacks of max cash or rares being worth over 2b.

These two things are only SLIGHTLY different. (i'm not arguing against you, in fact you are very correct in this just what happens is a bit of a mix-up imo.) When you get say a whip drop, you do get the 3m, but not in the form of "currency" you get it as a whip which can then be resold for the 3m. In this case, lets isolate a whip and money only, lets say a whip is 3m, then if you enter about 100 of them into the economy (through drops ofc) with no more currency being entered, the form of currency becomes more rare and in this case becomes worth essentially more in relation to a whip. However the money can't actually gain/lose value, so the whip must to equate that value. Therefore when you have a drop of a whip entered into the economy the whip drops in price if no more money is introduced

That being said, economically speaking, tradeable drops lead to help inflation more if it's a new item. If it's untradeable then it won't effect the economy. However if it IS tradeable and highly useful like our current PvP armour and weapons, then the increase in the price of that drop, with no more money being introduced creates the inflation. Also note that if you have the new items instead of the statues, this leads to the "inflated prices" and players having multiple stacks of max cash and rares as they horde onto these tradeable items, and then sell them whenever they decide that have profited enough off their long term investment. :shades:

That is why I think if we have new PvP armour, it shouldn't be tradeable. Moreover it should be untradeable and degrade with use, as well as other stipulations such as being used only for certain situations or soemthing.

Edited by mlskid

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

These two things are only SLIGHTLY different. (i'm not arguing against you, in fact you are very correct in this just what happens is a bit of a mix-up imo.) When you get say a whip drop, you do get the 3m, but not in the form of "currency" you get it as a whip which can then be resold for the 3m. In this case, lets isolate a whip and money only, lets say a whip is 3m, then if you enter about 100 of them into the economy (through drops ofc) with no more currency being entered, the form of currency becomes more rare and in this case becomes worth essentially more in relation to a whip. However the money can't actually gain/lose value, so the whip must to equate that value. Therefore when you have a drop of a whip entered into the economy the whip drops in price if no more money is introduced

That being said, economically speaking, tradeable drops lead to help inflation more if it's a new item. If it's untradeable then it won't effect the economy. However if it IS tradeable and highly useful like our current PvP armour and weapons, then the increase in the price of that drop, with no more money being introduced creates the inflation. Also note that if you have the new items instead of the statues, this leads to the "inflated prices" and players having multiple stacks of max cash and rares as they horde onto these tradeable items, and then sell them whenever they decide that have profited enough off their long term investment. :shades:

That is why I think if we have new PvP armour, it shouldn't be tradeable. Moreover it should be untradeable and degrade with use, as well as other stipulations such as being used only for certain situations or soemthing.

I think you're missing the point here. Let me be more clear:

There are two ways to make money off monster drops. The first and more common way is to get a useful item that players are willing to trade GP for. This doesn't affect the volume of gold in the game one way or another.

The second way is for the monster to simply drop cash or something that will be converted to cash (things like rune items and dragonhide fall into this category, as they end up being alched).

I'm saying that the game's current levels of inflation and deflation are such that we definitely don't need HUGE drops in the second category- there's already lots and lots of extra gold floating around that needs to be removed.

Your second paragraph is especially confusing. Do you think that GE updates on an item somehow create money and cause inflation? Because they don't, at all. Yes, people make profit on items becoming more valuable, but that profit is derived from money that already existed, so it is NOT inflation. Inflation is ONLY gold appearing out of nowhere that otherwise wouldn't have existed.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

That is perfectly clear :thumbup: and i agree.lol Sorry my paragraph was confusing, but i revised it to try and make a bit more of the point i was aiming at. (it was pretty much pointed at the insanely rich people and how the first type of drops you mention make those people)

Anyway, You've got me interested. What do you think is the best way to combat our current inflation?lol

Edited by mlskid

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

Aah, I see what you're getting at now. You meant inflated item prices rather than macroeconomic inflation. As I see it, inflated item prices are just going to happen. When you have something new and extremely good, players are going to want it a lot and the richer players are going to bid high. I don't really see making everything untradable as a good solution to that system, though I have always been a big fan of untradable stuff here and there like the fire cape and herblore potions.

As far as solving the economic inflation, really I thought we were going to be close with just taking out statuette drops. We'll have to see how big a problem they are in the revenant dungeon, because if they're pretty rare then it won't have a major effect like it does now. As it stands, 76kers probably bring somewhere close to 2m/hour into the game for standing around doing nothing, and it takes no skills and no effort. That's poisonous for the economy.

Beyond that, summoning and contruction are good money sinks with shards and planks, and chaotic weaponry and the new Zarosian armor sets are also great. More stuff like that, perhaps stuff that's a little more readily available to the average player, and the economy could be brought pretty well under control. A little inflation here and there from alching and whatnot isn't a major problem as long as we aren't flooding new currency into the game.

That makes a lot more sense now I think about it... I think due to being a bit tired and overthinking I came to a completely WRONG conclusion (happens a lot lately). haha. I've always been a fan of untradeable acheivements like the 99s, the fcape, herblore, etc. I think that the DIY kind of attitude needed to get them is a good thing to avoid those poisonous lazy 76kers.

I agree whole-heartedly with your plan on combatting inflation, (even if i would enjoy seeing a couple untradeable weapons...) and I think we should pose it to Jagex. haha. :mrgreen:

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

Supply of money is not inflation/deflation, its just one of the factors that affect the level of prices.

And equally, the change of supply or demand of goods may also cause the price level of goods to change, which also causes inflation/deflation.

If you are still confused, heres the source of all knowledge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monetary_inflation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

But anyways, nobody wants the purchasing power of our GP to worth less and less. Does chaos elemental drop statues too?

Finally, they're making Revenants how they were supposed to be; an alternate to high-risk PKing with decent rewards!

And they are NPCs with good loot. Which means BOTS!!! Free loot for me :)

Nah, no one would be able to bot there, they're supposed to be pretty much the same as fighting a player (maybe worse) they're supposed to use Range against you if you're Maging them, Melee if you Range them, etc etc, so they're harder to beat, thus their rewards should be fairly decent every time (minimum 50K loot for max-level Revenant).

Depends greatly on if PvP armour will be allowed in the wild, or staking for that matter.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Doubt statues will be a problem anymore + Jmods said they will change statues if they are still a problem.

Any statues is a problem. There's no reason to make monsters drop 5m in cash when you could just think of something else for them to drop without causing inflation.

I don't trust Jagex's ability to assess a problem with the economy at all.

Green, the thing is, we finally reach an equilibrum, sort of. Check some prices of coommon goods, and you'll see they've levelled out through september-december. I'm actually pretty happy they'll keep them to some extent, because I was really fearing severe delfation, which isn't nice either.

Depends greatly on if PvP armour will be allowed in the wild, or staking for that matter.

I don't see why it shouldn't, I mean, it was purposely made for that wasn't it?

The whole purpose of the wild is old-school nostalgia.

Getting Dclaw specced by a rusher in full statius is quite the antithesis of that.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I don't see why it shouldn't, I mean, it was purposely made for that wasn't it?

Getting Dclaw specced by a rusher in full statius is quite the antithesis of that.

Regressing the wilderness to the point where full rune and a whip was the best equipment would just be idiotic. The nostalgic value of the old wilderness returning is the old loot and level scaling system.

Sylpheed.png

The entire purpose of re-introducing the Wilderness to Runescape again was to bring back old players, NOT bring back the feeling... So no, they won't ban the new PvP armours/weapons etc. That would just be redundant coding then...

Back OT, Anyone else think that the new Revs will become something like a training ground for TD's? I mean they both sound similar, a relatively smart NPC that changes it's tactics according to yours? Also, as for a training ground for TDS, it will be easier for sure since you won't have o switch weapons, but i think still a bit of a challenge as you will have the Pkers to deal with on occasion and also other Revs jumping you? :thumbsup: At least that's my rationalization on what this will eventually settle out to be. :shades:

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

The entire purpose of re-introducing the Wilderness to Runescape again was to bring back old players, NOT bring back the feeling... So no, they won't ban the new PvP armours/weapons etc. That would just be redundant coding then...

Back OT, Anyone else think that the new Revs will become something like a training ground for TD's? I mean they both sound similar, a relatively smart NPC that changes it's tactics according to yours? Also, as for a training ground for TDS, it will be easier for sure since you won't have o switch weapons, but i think still a bit of a challenge as you will have the Pkers to deal with on occasion and also other Revs jumping you? :thumbsup: At least that's my rationalization on what this will eventually settle out to be. :shades:

I have a strong feeling you'd be better off learning the other way around, because at least at TDs you don't have to worry about prayer switching and also PKers running up to you with claws.

If its all about old-school nostalgia, then why world pvp worlds must go? I would say world PVP is the old school stuff, wildness is just for catering those 03-07.

If its all about old-school nostalgia, then why world pvp worlds must go? I would say world PVP is the old school stuff, wildness is just for catering those 03-07.

You don't know what "old" means, huh?

You don't know what "old" means, huh?

Define old? I'd say "old" as in "old-school" refer to something in the very past before things have changed. Some people refer "old" as things that exist for an extended period of time.