For the ppl who THINK they been playing for 11+ years

Bmms

why does this agurment come up every now and then lol.

Alpha = pre release = was only open to a very small few testers. Rab/gugge/myself/merlin were the main testers other than Andrews brothers and one or two friends, actually most times it was mainly only Rab and myself online testing with Gugge and Merlin often.

Beta = 4 Jan 2001 = public release to open sign ups. = no more resets! resets as in , all your lvls etc was wiped and you had to start all over again testing everything inclucding quests again.

Listen to lightning. This is exactly how it was. I'm sick of people not knowing what's up and not reading prior posts. It was a public beta release in 2001.

hahaha..... no. Get your facts right before trying to prove someone wrong.

rs1 public release - January 4th 2001

rs2 beta release - December 1st 2003

rs2 full release - March 29th 2004

Want proof? http://www.answers.com/topic/runescape

Why one earth would you believe some web site over people who were there (me) and people who were there from the beginning (Lightning)?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why does this agurment come up every now and then lol.

Alpha = pre release = was only open to a very small few testers. Rab/gugge/myself/merlin were the main testers other than Andrews brothers and one or two friends, actually most times it was mainly only Rab and myself online testing with Gugge and Merlin often.

Beta = 4 Jan 2001 = public release to open sign ups. = no more resets! resets as in , all your lvls etc was wiped and you had to start all over again testing everything inclucding quests again.

Listen to lightning. This is exactly how it was. I'm sick of people not knowing what's up and not reading prior posts. It was a public beta release in 2001.

Why one earth would you believe some web site over people who were there (me) and people who were there from the beginning (Lightning)?

Had intended on replying to this afew hours ago, but I did not get around to it. Guess now is as good of time as any.

I will agree, it most certainly does gets obnoxious to repeatedly try to enlighten people, only to have them shrug it off and not listen. A good majority of "wannabe oldschoolers" pop their heads out and start spouting off inaccurate information and downright lies, confusing those who have not been around and who do not know who to believe. Some are mistaken, most do it to try to impress others.

However, the quote from Phil with the three dates are correct. Where it says public, I think it means "Public Beta" and hence publically available. So in this peticular case, it appears the website is accurate. I assume you meant to quote the guy Phil had quoted, who was the one who had the inaccurate information, in which the post by Lightning is in agreement with what Phil had stated. Still though, the point about trusting players whom have been around, instead of random sites is indeed a very good point.

I have personally went through, giving out accurate information, and even providing somewhat credible links to those among the crowd who did not believe it. However, it was seemingly just ignored. See here: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=319 ... t=#3190416

To further combat this problem of false informationing being spread, I had suggested a section be added tip.it's site about it. Where it would have a larger range of credibility from known names, a reputable site, and tons of exposure. Not a single member of staff commented on it. See suggestion here: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=480719

Basically its gotten me nowhere, and while I feel your pain, I just cannot see it changing anytime in the near future. Its unfortunate, however it just does not seem to be happening. :(

Oh no, you said "NOT" I guess I'm wrong, this sucks, I feel like an idiot now.

um7wj.png

Well I think people have been enlightened now, I think Phil also retracted his statement? I shouldn't have quoted him in particular lol but nonetheless, the point stands. Check out the pic, hard solid proof. :)

for all those ppl who say they been playing since 1999 or 2000 i have the facts to disprove that

Release date(s)

RuneScape 1 (Classic) - January 4th, 2001

Runescape 2 (Modern) - March 29, 2004

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runescape

~Bmms

strange.. Ive played since i was 10 years old, and i was 10 years 1999, i played runescape when there was no wilderness, you didnt see levels, and there was no members. And now you say that 2 year of my playing dont excist? And that the homepage of runescape lies about its age? The copyright on runescape, THE GAME, is a lie, that it havent excisted? "Runescape Copyright Jagex 1999-2006" ? GGHF!

also, wikipedia is a guest info data base, wich means anyone can go there and add info, gg?

Andrew actually wrote a lot of the history section on wikipedia, so it is correct.

They might have copywrited the name of the game and several features of it in 1999, that doesn't mean they released it then.

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

when u started could you choose wheather u wanted to be warrior, andventure, magician or, ranger,

then they would start you with supplies to best fit that status.

Yes that was in the game for a while.

also my second question is that i was on a site that claimed they had exlusive thing like first player to start playing and stuff.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Care to exand a bit more?

Butt.. this list is of the first 2000 Runescape players that were still playing in November 2001. http://www.rsinn.com/users/gugge/signup.html

"Note that players that hadn't logged in November 2001 will not be listed. The numbers are therefore only their rank at this time, not necessarily their true 'starting number'."

That list is wrong, it doesn't even have TKS on it....

What are you talking about!

The list is correct it does date back to when rs first opened to users. and that was the 4/1/2001 in the uk.

I should bloody well know i tested the bloody game for 6 months with rab before it opened, and i was there at the time Andrew fianlly opened it up to users along with Rab.

If you have any doubts over what i say then contact Andrew at Jagex or prehaps Rab (was also known as moderator)

uuuuuhmmmmmmmmm.

i have played in 1999. there was only ONE server. not world.

and there was no wildy- there was no edge ville- it was ghsot town or whatever. to laz.

and i never knew it as a beta because all the items and levesl i got stayed with my files over the time..........

i remember there was a thing that told everyone the best player at the time that was playing blah blah.

so dont say that because youre a douche kthx

tifsbti6oi.gif

Wait... so you are agreeing with the the guy who is saying that he started runescape in 1998? Why would you want to believe him over people who were there (me) and people who were there from the beginning (Lightning)?

I don't know why you are trying to disagree with Lightning on this one.

sig2ho7.jpg

If you have any doubts over what i say then contact Andrew at Jagex or prehaps Rab (was also known as moderator)

finally someone backing up my long time suspicion :o quite a few people have argued with me about rab being moderator >_>

but do you know who rsguide was? he was funny lol i think he was the one who posted on orig official forums about if you brought a bronze axe to him in fally park you would get an award lol. i also remember him dropping the pumpkins and me following him around fally and karamja>_>

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

And before you go "OMG liek Wiki can be edit3d by evety1z", it's well known that Andrew himself helped to write a large part of the wiki.

Sorry but Wiki had been quoted once so I added something better. I assume Jagex wouldn't lie about their own history when trying to hire more people.

G.

What are you talking about!

The list is correct it does date back to when rs first opened to users. and that was the 4/1/2001 in the uk.

I should bloody well know i tested the bloody game for 6 months with rab before it opened, and i was there at the time Andrew fianlly opened it up to users along with Rab.

I am sure more then 2000 players were playing. And I'm sure it wouldn't be exactly 2000 players.

And I have tried to ask when I created my account, but Jagex said they can't tell me for some reason.

How old was I when I started playing: 8

How old am I now: 13

Been awile. I think I remember testing the beta.

I miss all my flat monsters, I need to play classic again.

Add me if you want

Runscape name: Lunsun

Combat: 46 (I got hacked out of my level 87)

• 2 months later...
I started runescape in 1997!

1. Runescape started as DeviousMUD in 98, nobody played except Andrew himself

2. Andrew scrapped that and made DeviousMUD version 2 and little people played it was beta for 1 week and then he scrapped that.

3. He made rsc

4. He made rs2

I started in nov 2001 and was at the xmas cracker party hat drop in falador park. I picked a magenta party hat sold it for like 10k a week or 2 later. but then i sold a rune baxe for 600k and yellow party hat and still have that party hat.

And does anyone remember I think it was dirtydevils wedding it was broadcast to every player I cant remember if it was in pop up window or like the wayy it displays the update message, but i remember like wtf a wedding. so i go to the wedding at the monestary and I think muahahahahah ( #1 combat ) was the priest in his monk robe lol

Oh i remember seeing zonghui, who was #1 combat at the time, for the first and only time in my life outside of edgeville wilderness he was chopping trees and making fires so run irun to varock lvl 1 wild and say I saw zonghui he at edgeville then I go bakck to where i saw him and hes gone lol

And does anyone remember I think it was dirtydevils wedding it was broadcast to every player I cant remember if it was in pop up window or like the wayy it displays the update message, but i remember like [what the heck] a wedding. so i go to the wedding at the monestary and I think muahahahahah ( #1 combat ) was the priest in his monk robe lol

I remember that lol